PDA

View Full Version : What would XBOX be like if we didnt have Halo?

rr9597
03-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Would XBOX have been such a success if we didnt have Halo, yes or no? Who thinks it would have mattered.

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:57 PM
xbox? whats that?

I think it would have made a HUGE difference because in the first month or two there weren't that many stunning xbox exclusive games. Ports do provide some security when buying a system but console exclusive games are what sell the system. Halo is what sold the xbox to tons of people.

wweomaniac
03-05-2002, 04:05 PM
It would be just like dreamcast...

Actually it might not be that bad since PS2 didnt have any good launch games. But the only thing it would be clinging onto is GTA3 and MSGX... and Project Ego wouldnt be as well known.

monkeyman
03-05-2002, 04:11 PM
it would suck

xboxer2002
03-05-2002, 04:15 PM
It would not be doing as well that's for sure.But I'll say it again
XBOX WILL KICK SERIOUS COMPETITION ARSE BY NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Snoopy7548
03-05-2002, 04:58 PM
every time i masturbate, god kills a kitten? oh sh*t, i must have killed at least 100 kittens, haha:D

SnOoPy
03-05-2002, 05:00 PM
NO HALO!! :confused:

I think I would of bought a Gamecube if there was no Halo :D

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 05:02 PM
If there was no Halo, I still think the XBox would have done well. There are so many good games for the system that are available now and that are coming out.

I work part-time at an electronics store, and, I feel that I should actually share this...but, there are people that actually own XBoxes that have never heard of Halo! :eek:

No joke!!! I find it very odd....but, hey, I guess no one is perfect. Trust me, though...by the time they leave, they get a full introduction to the game from yours truly :D

SnOoPy
03-05-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
If there was no Halo, I still think the XBox would have done well. There are so many good games for the system that are available now and that are coming out.

I work part-time at an electronics store, and, I feel that I should actually share this...but, there are people that actually own XBoxes that have never heard of Halo! :eek:

No joke!!! I find it very odd....but, hey, I guess no one is perfect. Trust me, though...by the time they leave, they get a full introduction to the game from yours truly :D

I think onl half of XBox owners own Halo, last i heard that there were 800,000 Halo unit sold & 1.5+ Mil of XBox sold. Do the math ;)

Spaztic
03-05-2002, 05:23 PM
NO HALO?! I don't think xbox would have sold as well without it...but I still would have purchased mine!

zeek39
03-05-2002, 05:27 PM
am I the only one who doesn't like Halo all that much?

I mean its a great game but there are better first person shooters out for pc...

perhaps most console gamers are not used to good first person shooters and so when they see halo they over hype it

SIVEL
03-05-2002, 06:12 PM
Yes Zeek you are the only wierdo who does'nt like Halo. Please don't tell me you think Counter Strike or NOLF is better. The only game I can even remotley think of that might entice me more than HALO is Medal of Honor. Or Halo2 .

Remember this: ONLY THE DOG KNOWS FOR SURE!

http://coke.rotten.com/dog-knowledge/dogknows.jpg

SIVEL

The Terminator
03-05-2002, 06:17 PM
I'd still be waiting for my FPS fix, but it would not have prevented me from buying it. Halo gave me many hours of gameplay fun, but after I beat the single player game, that was pretty much the end of it, b/c I really do not like the multiplayer all that much, w/ the exception of the 2 player co-op. Right now, I've been downloading a bunch of demos for FPS games until some really good ones come onto Xbox =]

xBoXGaMeR2002
03-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Yea man, if there was no Halo, I defintely would not buy an x-box. I mean I buy all my systems for just one game. DUH. :rolleyes:

That basically explained it.

Hugh_Jass
03-06-2002, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't miss Halo if it never existed. However, I do think it is an important title for the XBOX.

JJaX
03-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Im sorry but i think halo and madden were the only games worth $50.00. Im just being honest. Halo is the only game i really play right now. This is what i think games are worth that i have or played. Enjoy! Flame me all you want too. Maybe ive been spoiled by PC games and otehr great console games. But the xbox titles ive been dealing with just cant cut it right now. But i see the future of xbox being very good, because soon were gonna be hit with some great games. But sometimes soon isnt soon enough.

Games we got (had)

Halo - $50.00+++

Madden - $50.00

genma Onimusha - $35.00

Tony hawk 2x - $30.00

RAW - $20.00

NHL2002 - $20.00

NBA2k2 - $20.00

Dynasty Legends - 13 Cents

Games i rented or friends have that i have played

Wreckless - $6.99

obi-won - $4.99

Blood wake - $4.99

NFL fever - ($20.00) (yea , thats negative 20 bucks, I should be paid to play this crap)

DOA3 - $15.00

Project gotham - $30.00

Afro Aura
03-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Tricky that, I think I would had bought one anyway as the Dreamcast (r.i.p) was dying, and the was NO WAY was I going to support the Sony plaything. Also I feel with the looks of DoA3 and PGR that might have helped sell the XBOX, who knows?