PDA

View Full Version : Holy $#!+

SpaceGhost2K
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Swarovski-xBox-360-Faceplate-White-Heat-ORIGINAL-Bling_W0QQitemZ320209194409QQihZ011QQcategoryZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Worth every penny of the buy it now price. It's killing me even telling you guys about it and not getting it myself. It's only my money situation that is making me generous and sharing this with you, because if I had it/ I'd buy this f'er in a heartbeat.

So who's gonna get it, Gameking or Ghostrider, hm?

Or, if you guys just buy a thousand dollars worth of customs from me, then I CAN get it, lol!

Come one, what would you rather have, this one plate, and a thousand dollars worth of SpaceGhost2K customs? Hmm? HMM?

SpaceGhost2K
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Swarovski-xBox-360-Faceplate-White-Heat-ORIGINAL-Bling_W0QQitemZ320209194409QQihZ011QQcategoryZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Worth every penny of the buy it now price. It's killing me even telling you guys about it and not getting it myself. It's only my money situation that is making me generous and sharing this with you, because if I had it/ I'd buy this f'er in a heartbeat.

So who's gonna get it, Gameking or Ghostrider, hm?

Or, if you guys just buy a thousand dollars worth of customs from me, then I CAN get it, lol!

Come one, what would you rather have, this one plate, and a thousand dollars worth of SpaceGhost2K customs? Hmm? HMM?

OK, I had to at least get my name on the list. It made the Buy It Now go away, though, and I didn't think about that when I did it. Crap, I'd take it back now if I could. Excitement got the best of me.

Elite-Concepts
01-18-2008, 06:04 PM
what was the buy it now price anyway?

SpaceGhost2K
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
$375. They've sold over a hundred of these at $275, but this is the first one, the "sample" as it were.

racingfreak92
01-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Saw this on ebay a couple days ago but didnt realize it was anything more than plastic on it.

Have you guys seen that GhostRider is selling a lot of his plates?

WARTH0G DRIVER
01-19-2008, 08:38 AM
That is a pretty cool faceplate. To much money for me right now though.. :(

:cheers: maybe someday!

JakofallAces
01-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Have you guys seen that GhostRider is selling a lot of his plates?

Ya he does that sometimes when he wants money or has too many plates

moltenluv
01-19-2008, 12:53 PM
I have been watching this one since it was listed. I think it will go way outta my price range. It is so pretty and sparkely!!!! My birthday is in April so if anybody wants to get it for me for an early b-day present that would be ok with me :hump:

Variation-XBA
01-20-2008, 12:51 AM
That's actually pretty cool looking. Too bad it'll be overpriced

Ry
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, That looks really cool. I wonder how long it took them to make.

gameking28
01-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Haha, I leave the boards for a little while and look what happens - Spacey bags himself a rare one! :)
That's a cool one. Even cooler still is the fact that it's the first one.
I don't think anyone will need to worry about me bidding against them for faceplates anytime soon. I went kind of crazy in December (especially on the Support Plate) and I'm trying to save some money for a larger project... one I'll probably be asking for your help with at some point Space Ghost. :whistle:
That and school is starting up. All college puns aside, books really are expensive.

JakofallAces
01-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Haha, I leave the boards for a little while and look what happens - Spacey bags himself a rare one! :)
That's a cool one. Even cooler still is the fact that it's the first one.
I don't think anyone will need to worry about me bidding against them for faceplates anytime soon. I went kind of crazy in December (especially on the Support Plate) and I'm trying to save some money for a larger project... one I'll probably be asking for your help with at some point Space Ghost. :whistle:
That and school is starting up. All college puns aside, books really are expensive.

ya same thing with priv school i spend a good $600 bucks each year buying them only to use them THAT year.:sleeping:

SpaceGhost2K
01-26-2008, 01:19 PM
My last semester at Fresno State, I had enough money for tuition and nothing for books. You can't do very well in school with no books. After four weeks I still hadn't made enough money to pay my bills and books too, I just withdrew from my classes.

gameking28
01-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Man that really sucks. I'm glad I've never had to deal with that but I feel for the folks that do. :(

tinytoonsbuster
01-27-2008, 03:05 PM
thought i didnt need to worry about you bidding against us gameking... thanks for sniping my cod4 faceplate from me =(

JakofallAces
01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
thought i didnt need to worry about you bidding against us gameking... thanks for sniping my cod4 faceplate from me =(

hey man once again it is ebay, also what the hell was he thinking its a about maybe 40$ plate with about 100$ worth of autographs of people u probably dont know. So it went for 260$ a horrible deal for gameking, unless he knows all of the IW staff.

tinytoonsbuster
01-27-2008, 03:49 PM
i'm not saying he shouldn't have done it. it just ruined my day that's all =p but hey if he wanted it that bad he coula pm'd me and said he was gunna bid on it and i woulda known i couldn't beat him so i wouldn't have even bid, i didn't know he was gunna bid. he could have won it for $150 if he woulda "been friendy" as he says people are around here and pm'd me like i asked. i know it's a rare faceplate and it's every man for himself though. he just did it cold lol, out of nowhere and after saying he needed his money for books and stuff and he wasn't gunna be bidding lol.

SpaceGhost2K
01-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I didn't have the money for that crystal plate either, but I had to had to have it.

Addiction is bad, kids.

Of course, after I paid for it, ThEN I got a refund on the saints row plates. Guess I won't have the rare ones cheap after all, unless they just magically appear in the mail. They said they shipped them but the invoice on the site still said "pending" since Dec. 14th. It would have ALMOST paid for the whole crystal plate.

gameking28
01-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Sorry man - I didn't know you were still after it since you hadn't bid on it in almost a week.
Look, I'm not out to screw anyone. That end of the auction "snipe" bidding is just how I bid. I do it to avoid bidding wars. You're obviously a fan of it too. ;)
I wasn't planning on buying anything faceplate or eBay related for a while but a dev team signed plate was something I couldn't pass on. Its gonna hurt a bit (I wasn't kidding about the books - my first class is in only a few hours) but I'm not gonna have to eat dinner in a soup kitchen tomorrow night because of it either. :)
I appreciate that you would've backed off if I had asked. I love the camaraderie on these boards. Its probably the main reason why I participate instead of just lurk here. On something unique like this though I wouldn't ask you or anyone to back off. I would've at least sent you a message to let you know I was going to bid if I thought you were still going after it.
I'll be sure to post notice next time.

gameking28
01-28-2008, 02:06 AM
hey man once again it is ebay, also what the hell was he thinking its a about maybe 40$ plate with about 100$ worth of autographs of people u probably dont know. So it went for 260$ a horrible deal for gameking, unless he knows all of the IW staff.

Meh, I just have a thing for signed plates. I know I got raped, but honestly I don't know how to get plates signed by dev teams like that. The PGR dev plate sold for like $700 or something like that a while back. Compared to that it's a bargain! :rofl:

SpaceGhost2K
01-28-2008, 02:34 AM
I know people at two studios who I could mail faceplates and get them signed. I don't think the devs mind, although the person who has to track them down might.

When I get my UK Forza 2 plate I'm going to try to get them signed when I go up to Seattle. Last year we got to go to Turn 10 studios and meet everybody. They were very cool and I don't think they'd mind. Bungie... forgetaboutit. Even when they were on campus I wasn't able to go there. I sure won't be able to, now. The PGR team could probably be found. Tim Schafer would probably be be nice and sign one since he's the king of cool. Cliffy B and Mark Rein would do it. I wish I'd had a Blue Dragon plate last year when I met Sakaguchi-san. Or a Fable plate when I met PM. Or the KOTOR plate when I went to Edmonton.

I would start by trying to find out the PR people from each dev, and then go through them, because signing autographs is all public relations.

tinytoonsbuster
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
when you coming to seattle space? and what for? it's snowing up here today right now =p

SpaceGhost2K
01-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Microsoft MVP Summit in April.

www.microsoft.com/mvp

Xbox Division, of course.

JakofallAces
01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Microsoft MVP Summit in April.

www.microsoft.com/mvp

Xbox Division, of course.

good luck and if you get nominated and have a speech metion me in it for emotional support, mainly just for the heck of it. Good luck though, but wait are you already one???

SpaceGhost2K
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I'm already one.

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=2A8436CD-35CA-4802-A750-5C7272E1A7C5

JakofallAces
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I'm already one.

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=2A8436CD-35CA-4802-A750-5C7272E1A7C5

cool that u r already one you should put your logo thing in your sig for everyone to know. also THAT is what you look like, you really are 42, but thats cool it means you have experience and wisdom, which are very good

gameking28
01-29-2008, 04:25 AM
...THAT is what you look like, you really are 42...

:rofl: I think he looks young for his age in that picture! I'd have never guessed more than mid 30s if he hadn't told us.

Also (since I'm posting anyway), someone has posted the "Limited Edition" AC6 plate (the one comes with the flight stick bundle) on eBay by itself (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300194792711). I put in the opening bid to get rid of the BIN.
Just to avoid confusion, I'm going after this one. I have the other 5 and need this one to complete the set. :)

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.