PDA

View Full Version : nba live-2K2-Inside Drive

chili325
03-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Please tell me what game you like better. I own live, got it for x-mas and dont no if i should trade 4 another game.

Dub
03-05-2002, 08:08 PM
I've owned all 3 at one time or another and Inside Drive is the one that I kept. NBA Live is definitely the worst of the 3 with 2K2 being right behind ID. The only reason some people might pick 2K2 over ID is the extras like, create-a-player, street ball, NBA Legends, franchise mode...etc. I'm usually a big fan of the extras and wish ID had them, but the game is still awesome without them.

Sangha
03-05-2002, 09:40 PM
I like NBA 2K2 the most because it's the most realistic and the fact that it has a franchise mode, I liked Inside Drive but it was a bit too arcadey for my tastes.

deuces2k
03-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Do you actualy like NBA LIVE??? I got it as one of the first games for the xbox... given the graphics were good but i soon found the gameplay was sooooo bad. The AI sucks big time, within a day i had to boost the skill level to all-star just to see if there was a challenge but i still won!! Not to mention the buttons are horrible.. trying to hold the black button plus another button JUST isn't right!

So i traded it in the other week for NBA 2k2. Much better... AI, gameplay... everything.

Given I've seen reviews on NBA Inside drive being good too so i'm not sure which one you'd prefer but bottom line:

Practically anything better than NBA LIVE!!!

Davidjazzman12
03-06-2002, 08:07 PM
my fav is nba 2k2
it is kick ass!
i wrote i review
you can go read it if you want all my opionions on the xbox review place thingy

mojo__31
03-07-2002, 03:30 PM
The Jury is still out, I own both Inside Drive and 2k2, and like both. They both have there strong points, and flaws. However the flaws in 2k2 are more frustrating which keeps it from being the easy pick.

My pick:
** Gameplay - ID, but very close, 2k2 just has a few major flaws that take away from its fun
** Graphics - Tied, I like player models in ID better, but the rest of the stuff in 2k2 better
** Sounds - 2k2, the in game sounds are fantastic, really draws you into the game
** Commentary - ID, just plain hilarious and fun, 2k2's maybe more realistic, but boring
** Extra modes - 2k2, it has full franchise, create player, and street ball

Update, I am keeping NBA 2k2, just sold ID. 2k2 is a much more challenging game and much more realistic gameplay. it just plain feels like your on the court. ID is really fun, but doesn't draw you into the game as much.

Gotyouopen
03-11-2002, 09:59 PM
I have Both Inside Drive and 2k2 and i Prefer Inside Drive All the Way. To tell you the truth im going to sell 2k2 and buy Knockout kings.
Inside Drive to me is just that **** good Period!!!:cool: