PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 deal at circuit city

TheCovenant
02-07-2008, 06:25 PM
going on right now. i went to go buy my copy and the clerk (looked high as hell) asked me if i would like a ten dollar gift card with my purchase. I looked at him for what seemed like hours and then sighed and said, "yes please".

So there you have it. free ten dollar gift card this week (from what the promo's said) if you get it [devil may cry 4] at circuit city. High teller not included.

Side Note:
This game has th cheesiest diologue of all time. The boss battles are a saving grace though, very worth the purchase.

FromHell440
02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
going on right now. i went to go buy my copy and the clerk (looked high as hell) asked me if i would like a ten dollar gift card with my purchase. I looked at him for what seemed like hours and then sighed and said, "yes please".

So there you have it. free ten dollar gift card this week (from what the promo's said) if you get it [devil may cry 4] at circuit city. High teller not included.

Side Note:
This game has th cheesiest diologue of all time. The boss battles are a saving grace though, very worth the purchase.

I just got the game and I absolutely hate it. How is it that the first encounter takes so darn long? Also, what is up with all of the cut scenes?

I think I may take this back and get Mass Effect.

WillyV2
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I just got the game and I absolutely hate it. How is it that the first encounter takes so darn long? Also, what is up with all of the cut scenes?

I think I may take this back and get Mass Effect.

So, you don't like it because cut scenes are long, and the first encounter is long. You obviously haven't played Metal Gear Solid then, unless there are more than just these two reasons why you don't like the game.

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
So, you don't like it because cut scenes are long, and the first encounter is long. You obviously haven't played Metal Gear Solid then, unless there are more than just these two reasons why you don't like the game.

Who mentioned Metal Gear Solid? I know I didn't. The cut scenes are waay too long and usually pointless. The opening portion of a game, movie, etc. usually sets the pace for the rest of the experience. If it does not catch your attention within the first I would say 30-45 minutes it usually gets written off.

The game also has no real storyline, it's just pointless hack and slash for the most part. I don't mind cutting things to shreds if I have a reason to do so. In the first part, you go through several meaningless battles and the towns you run through are somehow devoid of any life other than the demons you fight and Nero himself. Every now and then you run into some other horribly dressed member of your "order" and get to sit through another boring cut scene that would probably appeal to 10-year olds hooked on Anime.

The game is pretty bad, but since it seems you may be on the Capcom payroll go ahead and get it. Don't say I didn't warn you though. :whistle:

raitabi
02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Who mentioned Metal Gear Solid? I know I didn't. The cut scenes are waay too long and usually pointless. The opening portion of a game, movie, etc. usually sets the pace for the rest of the experience. If it does not catch your attention within the first I would say 30-45 minutes it usually gets written off.

He was just making a general assessment based on your reasons for disliking DMC4 because MGS has cut scenes that are at least a 10-15 minute minimum. As for DMC4 I can't wait to get it once I get my 360 back because I love the series to death. Some times it is just awesome to mindlessly hack and slash enemies for awhile.

JackTheWhack
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Yea that deal is good for I believe up to this weekend. So be sure to check Circuit City! Anywho I wasn't a fan of the Devil May Cry Series, but I do love MGS, I don't know I just may give it a shot and rent it but the demo didn't do a whole lot especially with that damn time limit. :(

*Whack*

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 10:02 AM
I may return it for Mass Effect. :)

Batman_wanna_be
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
QUOTE FromHell440
"The game also has no real storyline, it's just pointless hack and slash for the most part. I don't mind cutting things to shreds if I have a reason to do so. In the first part, you go through several meaningless battles and the towns you run through are somehow devoid of any life other than the demons you fight and Nero himself. Every now and then you run into some other horribly dressed member of your "order" and get to sit through another boring cut scene that would probably appeal to 10-year olds hooked on Anime."

I am going to agree with you on this one, due to the fact that halfway through the game you stop playing as Nero and start playing as Dante, but you backtrack through the same exact levels. WOW that is a game I what to play, there is a reason they give you $10 gift card. Return Devil May Cry 4 and use the gift card to purchase a good game like Bioshock or Mass Effect.

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I am going to agree with you on this one, due to the fact that halfway through the game you stop playing as Nero and start playing as Dante, but you backtrack through the same exact levels. WOW that is a game I what to play, there is a reason they give you $10 gift card. Return Devil May Cry 4 and use the gift card to purchase a good game like Bioshock or Mass Effect.

I already have Bioshock, but I am going to return Devil May Cry 4 and pick up Mass Effect. I'm taking DMC4 back tonight. It's still brand new since I only played it for like 20-25 minutes. The game is horrible.

It seems like this game was made with a teenager in mind.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-08-2008, 01:12 PM
He was just making a general assessment based on your reasons for disliking DMC4 because MGS has cut scenes that are at least a 10-15 minute minimum. As for DMC4 I can't wait to get it once I get my 360 back because I love the series to death. Some times it is just awesome to mindlessly hack and slash enemies for awhile.

let me guess your box is being repaired as well... if it is i feel ya, mine is too...
yeah i agree with you DMC4 is one of those games with a average.., storyline but the gameplay graphics and feel of the game ... keep you playing besides with all the junk going for 60 dollars now a days DMC4 is worth it...

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-08-2008, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Batman_wanna_be;1049854]

I already have Bioshock, but I am going to return Devil May Cry 4 and pick up Mass Effect. I'm taking DMC4 back tonight. It's still brand new since I only played it for like 20-25 minutes. The game is horrible.

It seems like this game was made with a teenager in mind.

The funny part is ... the same thing was said about mass effect when it came out, people judged it unfairly, and those gamers who got through the hump discovered why it was such a good game. .. im not gonna rag on you, your game do w/e makes u happy but 25 mins is not a fare amount of time to declare the game crap... but then again DMC4 was really made for the fans of the series .. not the new age. and this game is no different in awkward dressing heroes playing a weird story line.. 1,2,3 and now 4 is the same thing... only thing im upset about the game is it doesn’t go with 3's ending .

Variation-XBA
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Best Buy is doing DMC4 and Turok for $89.99 for my fellow Canadian brothers.

FromHell440
02-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I ditched Devil May Cry 4 for Mass Effect and I must say this game is amazing! A vast improvement over DMC4.

mattgame
02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm a fan of the series so I got it and I will beat it. I think the gameplay is hawt and I rarely care about dialogue. I wish I had time to put into a game like Mass Effect................................

FromHell440
02-09-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm a fan of the series so I got it and I will beat it. I think the gameplay is hawt and I rarely care about dialogue. I wish I had time to put into a game like Mass Effect................................

Mass Effect is great but it does require patience. As far as the DMC4 game goes; yeah you have to be a fan of the series to like it in my book.

It just did not sit well with me.

raitabi
02-09-2008, 12:31 PM
let me guess your box is being repaired as well... if it is i feel ya, mine is too...
yeah i agree with you DMC4 is one of those games with a average.., storyline but the gameplay graphics and feel of the game ... keep you playing besides with all the junk going for 60 dollars now a days DMC4 is worth it...

Yup and it is on its way back to me so hopefully i will be back in the game soon enough.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Yup and it is on its way back to me so hopefully i will be back in the game soon enough.

i just sent mine man.. on thrs.. still got 3 weeks to go... thank god DMC4 is the only game this month.. i care about...

FromHell440
02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
i just sent mine man.. on thrs.. still got 3 weeks to go... thank god DMC4 is the only game this month.. i care about...

What does Microsoft do about the XBox Live time you lose during the consoles repair time? They should reimburse you for that time.

JackTheWhack
02-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Well the turnaround was about 1 week when I sent mine in, so hopefully it'll be quick. But they don't remimburse you money wise but they do give you a 1 mth of XBOX Live Gold Free for the troubles. You can debate more and get more out of them if you choose to do so.

*Whack*

FromHell440
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Well the turnaround was about 1 week when I sent mine in, so hopefully it'll be quick. But they don't remimburse you money wise but they do give you a 1 mth of XBOX Live Gold Free for the troubles. You can debate more and get more out of them if you choose to do so.

*Whack*

That's cool since it usually takes about a month to get your new console from what others are telling me.

raitabi
02-10-2008, 01:52 AM

You may get it back sooner. I stalked my 360 every step of its journey it was mailed in last saturday and they mailed it back. Early Saturday so hopefully yours will be as speedy as mine.