PDA

View Full Version : EA and NFL renew vows?

mattgame
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
EA And NFL Renew Vows
by Nick Ahrens
POSTED: 2/12/2008 1:51 PM
lectronic Arts today announced an extension of its exclusive licensing relationships with the National Football League and NFL Players to develop, publish and distribute interactive football video games. These agreements – which were negotiated separately and are extensions of contracts originally signed in December 2004 – provide EA continued rights to NFL teams, stadiums and players for its critically-acclaimed and
best-selling football videogames through the end of the 2012 season, which culminates in February 2013.

The agreements include all aspects of the interactive experience, including console and handheld games as well as console-based online features. The agreements also provide EA access to both NFL Films and the NFL Network to enrich its game experiences. Financial terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Both agreements grant exclusive rights for action simulation, arcade-style and manager games on the PC, handheld game devices and consoles.

Chalk another one up for EA Sports. Even after last years attempt to make a football by 2K Sports, it seems no one can tear the gridiron away from Electronic Arts. With the nothing-above-par releases in recent years from the Madden Franchise, we’d really like to see someone have the opportunity to get in there and mix this up a bit.

Awwwwww damn.

Shawn-XBA
02-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I hope that EA buys the engine used to make Backbreaker.

If you haven't seen any videos for Backbreaker check them out here (http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5368.html), IGN also has a lot of videos of the game.

mattgame
02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
What's backbreaker?

Shawn-XBA
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM
What's backbreaker?
Its a football game being developed by NaturalMotion for the 360 and PS3, it uses the euphoria engine. They don't use motion capture like Madden or all other sports games for that matter, it creates tackles in real time depending on the situation. So every tackle is different.

They are in talks with EA to see if they can get into an agreement to license the euphoria engine for Madden.

Yannie Boy
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Awwwwww damn.

Come on, Mattgame....What did you expect?!

When word hit the office over here, everyone flipped. :cheers:

mattgame
02-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Come on, Mattgame....What did you expect?!

When word hit the office over here, everyone flipped. :cheers:

They better stop sleepin on the masses though. This years game had some problems......................................

Yannie Boy
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey look at Madden '06 and Madden '08 then compare the both. Madden has come along way and still is. And trust me, Madden '09 looks amazing.

mattgame
02-16-2008, 11:16 AM
My issues: Franchise mode. Freezing issues. Relocation issues, meaning when a team relocates in franchise mode they have the same color uniforms as any other team that relocates. No good. More animations are needed overall. Bring Madden and Michaels back. More owner options in franchise mode. The look is good, but don't stop improving the gameplay.

CrazyCougar
02-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Looking forward to '09. Now I didnt have the frnachise issues that I remember matt talking about when it came to freezing. But i didnt relocate a team either..LOL! Anyhow, the difference between '06 and '08 is astonishing and great leaps and bounds. Cant wait to see whats on tap for '09!!!

mattgame
02-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Come back Chupa. Tell us................