PDA

View Full Version : Racedriver: Grid = Goddang!!

mattgame
02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Check the goods.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30611.html

SamSmith
02-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Looks pre-rendered. Not because it's particularly good or anything, just the direction.

Shawn-XBA
02-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Thats defiantly pre-rendered, but that isn't to far off from what DiRT looked like. I'm getting this one for sure, the new trailer looks amazing. Can't wait to see the official site, going to be up in 10 days, hopefully it has some new trailers and screenshots when it launches.

mattgame
02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Looks pre-rendered. Not because it's particularly good or anything, just the direction.

So it doesn't look good? What racer looks better? And do we know for cetain that it's pre-rendered? The other racer games looked damn good also. I think they can do it.

CrazyCougar
02-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Guys, I wouldnt go to quickly and scream pre-rendered as Codemaasters has proved to be a master with graphics and racing games. TOCA was way ahead of its time on the Xbox and the graphics were outstanding. DIRT was absolutely stunning. I expect GRID to be everything you are seeing and more when it comes to gameplay.

I have been watching for this title for quite sometime and cant wait to see it in person! Could be wrong, While some of it may be pre-rendered for sales, I have a feeling most of what you are seeing is in fact gameplay footage.

mattgame
02-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Guys, I wouldnt go to quickly and scream pre-rendered as Codemaasters has proved to be a master with graphics and racing games. TOCA was way ahead of its time on the Xbox and the graphics were outstanding. DIRT was absolutely stunning. I expect GRID to be everything you are seeing and more when it comes to gameplay.

I have been watching for this title for quite sometime and cant wait to see it in person! Could be wrong, but I have a feeling what you are seeing is in fact gameplay footage.

Agreed. I don't know but it seems as though these games are starting to utilize these next gen systems well.

CrazyCougar
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind they can pull this off. The bigger question will be, will the frame rate hold up with multiplayer online? This is supposed to come out between now and early summer, so cant wait!!

Variation-XBA
02-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Does look rendered, though some parts look like a replay (remember how good those looked?)

Dunno, I'd have to see some actual gameplay, but Cougar is right, Codemasters is really good at graphic engines, so they be able to pull it off.

SamSmith
02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
I read an article on racing games today. They're not selling well it seems, no mass appeal any more - nothing new has come out, single player basically the same as it was 10 years ago - only improvements being graphical, and often the only stand-out point for purchase.

It was an interesting read, it was a debate with lead developers from codemasters (makers of colin mcrae - racedriver... toca, many more) Bizzare creations (PGR) and a few other major racing game developers. I'll see if I can get it up. <--- ehhhhhhh :D

Ainokeatoo
02-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Nah, that has to be pre-rendered, it looks to good lmao...