Yea, I'm looking forward to this, here's to hoping it doesn't suck

I second that, brother. ;)

mattgame
02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Looks damn good to me.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-17-2008, 01:58 PM
sweeeeeeeeet!!!
Damn.., i been waiting for this game for a loooooooooong time now.. cant wait to play... :cool:

Steeps5
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
It definitely looks like an excellent coop game. Lets just hope it plays well on the 360.

ghost 009
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
[I have deleted my post]

mattgame
02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
[I have deleted my post]

Why?:huh:

Krooklyn Punk
02-18-2008, 04:03 AM
yea man i cant wait for this game:hardcore:

JakofallAces
02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
i nearly killed EA when they postponed it the first time so if it aint perfect and the best co-op shooter i have ever played then i will be pissed. Also love the achievements. I hope this game is hard as hell.

laughs
02-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Not my type of game, but he graphics are insane! I'd definitely rent this one if I were going to rent this type of game :huh:

ghost 009
02-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Why?:huh:

You will figure that out once the game comes out. Then you will look back and go "Oh, I think I know the reason".

Batman_wanna_be
02-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Did you guys know that when you or your buddy gets hurt you put a tampoon in the wound that is hardcore I bet this game is going to kick ass it has come along way since I first saw it.

RockTheCasba
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
what is the release date on this game?? yeah this beast looks awesome

ghost 009
02-19-2008, 12:29 PM
what is the release date on this game?? yeah this beast looks awesome

March 4th

Soda Jones
02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
im hoping it doesnt suck, I've heard mixed reviews...

Whoopage
02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Did you guys know that when you or your buddy gets hurt you put a tampoon in the wound that is hardcore I bet this game is going to kick ass it has come along way since I first saw it.

What are these "men" doing carrying around feminine hygiene products?

ghost 009
02-19-2008, 04:49 PM
What are these "men" doing carrying around feminine hygiene products?

Treating the wounds with tampons, the developers asked a real mercenary/contractor what they use to treat wounds with and he said tampons. He could have just said that to **** with them though. As far as I've heard they took the tampons out though, along with some vehicles.

Soda Jones
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
The tampon thing is true.

David Creech
02-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Kamshaft and I played this at EA last week, lots of fun. You can high five your buddy which is cool...or you can do what I did and ***** slap him. LOL!

Seriously, looks like a great game for the portion that I saw (part of one mission).

ChRoNiK120
02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
cant wait

WynnFire
02-22-2008, 02:22 AM
I hope people aren't forgetting it's made by EA, something is going to suck!

David Creech
02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
I hope people aren't forgetting it's made by EA, something is going to suck!

I would disagree with this statement. Burnout Paradise is an EA product via Bizarre Creations, and it is very close to perfect as far as racing games go. Heck, the Simpson's Game was funny as heck to play, didn't have any issues, and I am pretty sure that was an EA game also.

Some of their online servers definitely have issues, but their games are usually fine in and of themselves.

mattgame
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Usually but they always have a bug or a flaw in them. When is the last EA game rated 9.5 or above? I can't think of any. I like how this looks though. It should be fun.

Variation-XBA
02-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Burnout Paradise is an EA product via Bizarre Creations, and it is very close to perfect as far as racing games go. Heck, the Simpson's Game was funny as heck to play, didn't have any issues, and I am pretty sure that was an EA game also.

Critereon does it, and has been for quite some time, so they know what they are doing. EA publishes it.

And the Simpsons game was terrible....

wulkar
02-26-2008, 09:28 AM
i have been waiting for this game for a while now, i can't wait to get to play it.

Not Green
02-26-2008, 09:35 AM
im hoping it doesnt suck, I've heard mixed reviews...

Same here I have heard very mixed reviews. It seems like I read something about the game in GameInformer magazine or something where they had tested it out and said it was decent but the controls needed alot of work and without good controls a game is pretty much ruined for me...I really hope it is a good game though.

Not White
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Man this game looks kickass. I cant wait to play it.

UNV Superkid
03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
this game looks as if it may be the best game year to date!!!! (EA please dont dissapoint us!!):mad:

Slowride
03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
My main beef at this point is why can't they expand the game modes? I understand the theme is co-op, but why not have a mode over xbl for larger teams? Keep many of the teamwork aspects intact, just on a larger scale? 2v2 just seems boring for an fps if thats all it's limited to.....I will wait and see on this one. I'm already picking up mlb2k8 anyways today.

CrazyCougar
03-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Doesnt every game have some sort of flaw in it? I think people just like to point out EA because they are the big kid on the block and basically a marked target.

Heck take MLB 2k8. A 2K product. The framerate is terrible in this game at times. They have had 3 tries to get it right on the 360 and havent come close with the 3rd 360 installment. Yes 2k8 is better than 2k6 and 2k7, but its far far far from perfect.

Steeps5
03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
so has anyone played this game yet?

i was wondering if anyone liked it or not and if its worth playing

Variation-XBA
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Delayed till tomorrow here :( Will let you know then

DozertheDozaria
03-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Usually but they always have a bug or a flaw in them. When is the last EA game rated 9.5 or above? I can't think of any. I like how this looks though. It should be fun.

The only one I can think recently is the Sims 2. Not exactly a 360 title, though... :cool: I don't remember any others that broke the 9.5 barrier...

Dozer

mattgame
03-08-2008, 05:26 PM

I told you so. I told you so.

UNV Superkid
03-08-2008, 09:05 PM
The game plays pretty decent, no major complaints from me and i am half way finish the actual game....

JakofallAces
03-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Critereon does it, and has been for quite some time, so they know what they are doing. EA publishes it.

And the Simpsons game was terrible....
your more fun in my science text book go away...this game is sweet i have been playing all day its fun, funny, and pimping guns is what every game has been missing, thank you golden M134

AzsJuggler
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm having this game shipped as we speak. A couple of my buddies say the same thing:

It's short, but has good replay value. It's definitely a lot better playing co-op.

I'll be looking for folks to play with when I get it.

Not White
03-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Im thinking about getting this game, but i wanted to wait til someone posted their comment on it.......So does anyone know if its a for sure buy or a rent??

l Maximus l
03-10-2008, 03:02 AM
It sort of reminds me of a military style Gears of War, which is also a co-op type of game. Does it even compare to GoW? I'm curious, I had a great time playing GoW and this game definitely looks fun. Is it on par or is it significantly worse? Better?

Just curious to what you guys think about it in comparison.

JakofallAces
03-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Im thinking about getting this game, but i wanted to wait til someone posted their comment on it.......So does anyone know if its a for sure buy or a rent??

i thought it was the co-op campaign is tons of fun and has great replay value

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-10-2008, 08:22 AM
It sort of reminds me of a military style Gears of War, which is also a co-op type of game. Does it even compare to GoW? I'm curious, I had a great time playing GoW and this game definitely looks fun. Is it on par or is it significantly worse? Better?

Just curious to what you guys think about it in comparison.

Same thing i was thinking Max.., but that’s also what attracts a lot of people is that first time you got on Gow with a friend and started shooting your ass off. The only reason why im giving this game a chance is the game play seems to be just like Gow.. although by appearances it looks better, because of the extra things you can do with, your partner involved in every move I especialy like the fact on how if you've been shot your partner doesnt leave you behinde I was in the core, and some of the back to back technique of cover and shoot is exact realism of what the marines call a 2man circ-cover and defense, in all reality the game just looks awesome.. also the way you manipulate your surrounding to help you out like moving a car(sounds familiar!) to block the shots... I just like the fact that the missions are going to require you to be a 2-man team… or loose… and that’s awesome…
I’m curious to see how the online is gonna work out I mean gears is a 4 man team VS a 4 Locus team…. So is Army of Two gonna be a 2 on 2 on 2 on 2 team like one of the choices of halo cause that would be awesome… imagine like a 16- 2 team – VS… In army of two that would be sick… I mean they can do that... and they can add a lil splinter cell..online features i know i had a bunch of fun doint the sector things in Splinter D.A....

warlikechunk
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
i was personally pleased with the game..

me and a buddy have had about 3hrs with the campaign and its pretty solid game from what ive played. the whole co-op thing is really cool. it does play kinda like gears, its got a lot of neat features. you can upgrade your weapons buy more cool stuff you can even "pimp" them out, wich is pretty sweet, the graphics are sweet, but over all its a real solid game.... fun to :cool:

UNV Superkid
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
it is very similar to gears and i am having fun with the campaign, the graphics are great and game play is smooth...

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
it is very similar to gears and i am having fun with the campaign, the graphics are great and game play is smooth...

whats the online like... is it 4 vs 4 or 2 vs 2 .... ?

Not Green
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM

My thoughts exactly. Games for me live or die by their online capabilities.

Steeps5
03-10-2008, 03:29 PM

The online matches are 2vs2 and thats it

This game does look really good, i have to wait to buy it cause i dont have the money right now :crying:
i probably will by this weekend though

Oh, and which is a better choice, Army of Two or Frontlines?

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
The online matches are 2vs2 and thats it

cool i hope its not just 2 vs 2 i hope it allows like 18 teams facing each other at the same time.. :cheers:

Unreal
03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
cool i hope its not just 2 vs 2 i hope it allows like 18 teams facing each other at the same time.. :cheers:
Its only 2vs2. Thats it. You have computer A.I guys thrown in to fight both sides. But 2 vs 2 is all you get. Unless I am missing something. The servers are laggy as hell. But, if EA can fix it its pretty fun. The single player is short, so I can see why thats a complaint. The game shines in co-op single player though. I hope they have some DLC in the future. Great game, but for fans only. (i.e. shooters)

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Its only 2vs2. Thats it. You have computer A.I guys thrown in to fight both sides. But 2 vs 2 is all you get. Unless I am missing something. The servers are laggy as hell. But, if EA can fix it its pretty fun. The single player is short, so I can see why thats a complaint. The game shines in co-op single player though. I hope they have some DLC in the future. Great game, but for fans only. (i.e. shooters)

Hmmm.. im not too happy with that online.. (still getting it but damn i would of loved a teams of 2 up to 16 or 18 going at it) lol :confused: oh well... (i still have gears)

Variation-XBA
03-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Absolutely can't stand the online. Maybe it's cause the team we were fighting knew how to get to every objective instantly, but I dunno. Was hoping more 2 vs 2 Pandora Tomorrow style :(

Co-op though is AWESOME, and already working on playing through on hard

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Absolutely can't stand the online. Maybe it's cause the team we were fighting knew how to get to every objective instantly, but I dunno. Was hoping more 2 vs 2 Pandora Tomorrow style :(

Co-op though is AWESOME, and already working on playing through on hard

Damn .... me too.. and you like Gears so if you're not pleased im for sure not gonna be. im giving this game a chance on Saturday but with my cousins copy, cause i dont wanna waste 60 on a game I know im just buying for the online... Sucks :bang: I had hopes on this game holding me over till Gears 2... .. :confused:

Variation-XBA
03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Damn .... me too.. and you like Gears so if you're not pleased im for sure not gonna be. im giving this game a chance on Saturday but with my cousins copy, cause i dont wanna waste 60 on a game I know im just buying for the online... Sucks :bang: I had hopes on this game holding me over till Gears 2... .. :confused:

Just pretend the online modes arnt there and play the co-op online. It plays differently depending how how terrible your teammate is and how many awkward places he dies in and you have to save him.

CrazyCougar
03-15-2008, 02:47 PM
This game is pretty easy to some up. Take the innovative outstanding parts of 3 popular games and you get Army of Two basically

Army of Two = Gear of War + Splinter Cell Series + Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Series = Total Rip Off of other games.

Co-op will be enjoyable for many, but its just a flash in the pan when you have Gears 2 in the future as well as Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Both major co-op games.

Steeps5
03-15-2008, 10:00 PM
i cant believe my headset died while playing this, or before
the night before i was playing with my wireless headset and it worked fine, then the next morning i start playin army of two with a friend and i thought he wasnt talking at all. then he sends a message asking if i can here him and i reply no. he leaves and then i play halo 3 with other friends and i find out that they can here me but i cant here them through the headset.

i cant believe my wireless one already cut out in like 2 months of buying it.

unless anyone knows how to fix it.

Unreal
03-16-2008, 10:39 AM
This game is pretty easy to some up. Take the innovative outstanding parts of 3 popular games and you get Army of Two basically

Army of Two = Gear of War + Splinter Cell Series + Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Series = Total Rip Off of other games.

Co-op will be enjoyable for many, but its just a flash in the pan when you have Gears 2 in the future as well as Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Both major co-op games.
I am hoping Gears 2 is 4 player co-op. My fingers are crossed.

Reclaimer
03-17-2008, 06:54 AM
The game kicks ass when you have a friend play with you.
I absolutely love this game so far. I love the "save your buddy" drag along while he covers you mode. I like the aggro mode when you do it right.

The only thing I can't figure out is the money. 18 grand to buy a Glock?
WTF? The money system is grossly messed up.

DozertheDozaria
03-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, I got it this weekend and I thought the idea was great. The execution, though, not so much. Granted, I'm comparing it to CoD4, but I'm also comparing it to GoW. I thought the cover system in Gears was incredible. At times, it feels like that's exactly what Ao2 is emulating. At other times, it feels like it is trying but it's just not got the pedigree required to hang in that league.

I agree with the comments about the game being an amalgam of 3 popular games. However, I think alot of games are going that route these days as it is commercially safer to follow the group than to branch out on it's own. I do like the idea and I think that a game that is all about the co-op is awesome, but I just don't think this is the game to set the standard.

It's a rental. And probably a one-timer at that.

Reclaimer
03-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Furthermore, I like the back to back fire system.

To be honest, I don't care if there are elements of GoW or even CoD. For God's sake, every game has some element or another from another game.
I think this game is just outright fun and that's all what is important to me.

Not Green
03-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I think i'll pass on this game.

thAshAdyOne
03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I played with my dad and enjoyed it very much...there was nothing for me to really complain about in terms of gameplay...Solid...I might have to rent it again.

CrazyCougar
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM

To be honest, I don't care if there are elements of GoW or even CoD. For God's sake, every game has some element or another from another game.

Elements? Hell it might as well be Gears of Splinter Cell: Advanced Warfighter. LOL!

The game is fun for a rental period and thats about it for me. I think Splinter Cell had more of a life than this game will have. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will come along this week, and this game will be old news in my opinion. New content wont save this game either for most. A few folks will stand by it, but it'll be out of the top 10 in no time in Games played on Live.

FromHell440
03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Ah, Rainbow Six Vegas. Is that game any good? Should I pick up the first Rainbow Six before getting the second one?

CrazyCougar
03-17-2008, 09:11 PM
If you are a fan of FPS games, then Vegas 1 is a definite must have. Vegas 2 will be all 1 was and better and it has a huge following online as well.

DozertheDozaria
03-17-2008, 10:26 PM

Reclaimer, I liked the B2B thing as well. But I wish you could do it other than in scripted places. There were a lot of scripted moments that I wish were a little more spontaneous.

Also the thing about the elements from different games was exactly the point I was trying to make; all games take some from here and there. My thoughts, though, were that it took elements, especially from GoW, and didn't expound upon them. In fact, it didn't do them as well as those other games. And to emulate something might be a form of flattery, but it also invites a good deal of criticism.

But your last sentence is really all that matters, man. If you enjoy it, then it has done what it needed to do for you. It didn't for me, but I'm not trying to convince ya to come around to my side of the fence, either. Hell, if we had the same opinions on everything, the world would be a hell of boring place, ya know? And the games market would be staggeringly different.

Later ya'll...

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-18-2008, 02:24 PM
i saw on the trailer they had warzone... can someone tell me is that like a team death match or what..?

Steeps5
03-18-2008, 07:42 PM
i saw on the trailer they had warzone... can someone tell me is that like a team death match or what..?

uhh, i have no idea

but i do think this was a fun game and the coop was fun to play with someone else

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 09:11 PM

you have to do objectives like kill targets, carry people to helo's to help them, also protect random things their all fun and good but getting 1 billion dollars is ridiculous i have 16 million and i gave up along time ago

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Damn the game has a good concept, but the online is not enough for me...
i dont mind doing lil stupid random missions..but to leave out no head to head action is dumb.... .Im passing on this game!and im so dissapointed.., in the game... i had hopes for this one..

Variation-XBA
03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Damn the game has a good concept, but the online is not enough for me...
i dont mind doing lil stupid random missions..but to leave out no head to head action is dumb.... .Im passing on this game!and im so dissapointed.., in the game... i had hopes for this one..

Yea the MP is very hit or miss, though it's the coop that makes this game.

Reclaimer
03-19-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm kind of irked that you can't lean in this game. Theres all this about taking cover and blind firing, but you can't lean? Actually it's not just this game, it's a general gripe to any game that lacks the ability to lean out around a corner.
Hell in A02, the bag guys can fire from better angles than you can.

Plus I think my biggest gripe really about the game is the camera angle sometimes leaves the entire left side of my body exposed to enemy fire because I think it's tucked in behind something. It's just enough of an angle to make a difference in what you see.

But hey.. there is no perfect game.