PDA

View Full Version : My launch day xbox just got the rings of death today...

SamSmith
02-25-2008, 11:15 AM
And so I called up MS organized a guy to pick the console up and everything, but now when I turn the console on I don't get the rings any more.... Should I still send it off anyway ? :confused:

CrazyCougar
02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Seeing as you are now in your third year of the warranty, I would send it off without a doubt. The rungs were only a warning of whats to come. Send it now, so you dont have to pay for another. But if you wait until 1 day past the 3rd year anniversary of your 360 born date, you may be out of luck.

Whisper
02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah you might as well, you're likely to get back a brand new system anyway. All 3 times I have had failure (1XBOX, Two360) I got a new one back instead of a repair.

Shawn-XBA
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Defiantly send it off to be repaired, like Whisper said you'll likely get a new one. I had the same thing happen to me, I got the 3 rings of death. Let it sit for a couple of days thinking it was broken, turned it on and it worked. Played it for about 2-3 days and it broke for good.

Ry
02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, send it off, you never know if its gonna crap out again, from what I've heard, on the forums and from friend it usally is a warning like Couger said.

JarkMan
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
yah that happend to me i got the RROD then i let it sit out for a couple days i then i was like hmm lemme see if it still has em turned it on didnt have it anymore played for like a day and half it froze in the middle of a game then i turned it off then on and it got the RROD again so just send it off better safe than sorry i say

DocHoliday78
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM
**** yeah.....happened to myself and a friend but they came back a few days later for good.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
02-26-2008, 08:11 AM
And so I called up MS organized a guy to pick the console up and everything, but now when I turn the console on I don't get the rings any more.... Should I still send it off anyway ? :confused:

yeah send it out cause .. on my 2nd xbox i got the 4 rings one day, and then i turned it off and on and it went green again .. .in about two months my box gave me 4 rings again i turned it off and on in 10 mins time.. wouldnt turn on 4 rings again... i sent it to the repair center... and they told me that the hard drive was melting .. my fan wasnt working .. but since i kept on playing ... they said it was supposely my "fault" ... but i had warranty ... so its all good.. send it out save yourself a head ache .. later on... and track your packige like 3 times a day i just got mine back i would of had it sooner .. but ups lost my xbox two weeks ago for 5 hours... so track the hell out of your packige.... :D

Not White
02-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I would send it, it doesnt take very long. And usually they just send you a brand new one, plus a free one month to live.....

JakofallAces
02-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Send it but be careful my friend has gotten the RROD three times and all from the same xbox 360, it just fries he sends it back and then a month later that one fries. He gave up on it and bought an elite so be careful they might not send you a new one

Conchord
02-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I was hoping this was Maxy's thread, that ****y son of a *****. ;)

JackTheWhack
03-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Yea, similar situation and I held it off lasted another 4 mths before it went out for good. Since the extended warranty is about to end, I would send it in. I can't say similar results like myself will happen but to be on the safe side, I'd send it in.

*Whack*

SamSmith
03-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Okay, I've asked for it to be repaired. They tried to collect it once, but didn't FACKING CALL me to check if I was in. UPS / DHL? whatever....

I don't know if or when they have or will collect it, I suppose I'll just ring xbox support again - tell 'em to come out.

I can't understand the people on the bloody line, I was so close to telling the girl to **** off and put me on to someone with a tongue.

Conchord
03-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Send them a box loaded with semtex.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Okay, I've asked for it to be repaired. They tried to collect it once, but didn't FACKING CALL me to check if I was in. UPS / DHL? whatever....

I don't know if or when they have or will collect it, I suppose I'll just ring xbox support again - tell 'em to come out.

I can't understand the people on the bloody line, I was so close to telling the girl to **** off and put me on to someone with a tongue.

Good luck with your Repair Sam... hope it goes better than mine..