PDA

View Full Version : favorite kind of music in a game?

goingwreckless
03-05-2002, 10:57 PM
my favorite type of music in a game probably be punk. Cause if pop played it would be wierd scared of pop and your grinding a poll nah punk all the way

zeek39
03-05-2002, 10:59 PM
just put in that island in the sun song from weezer or what I got from sublime and I'll like it :P :) :) :) :) :)

Ninja Scroll
03-06-2002, 10:44 AM
It depends on what kinda game your playing. Like JSR has rap/hip-hop which I love, but I dont wanna hear that music in a game like Halo which btw I dont like opera singing, but that opening theme to Halo is beautiful. I was soo addicted to that theme is was wild!:o

It's just depends on the titles of the games.:)

JJaX
03-06-2002, 10:50 AM
If im driving = Rap (cause thats how i roll, to bad my JL's arent hooked up to the TV in my room :D )

FPS = None ( I like ambient sounds, Wind, water gun shots)

Fighting = (rap ontop of the game or the game music is fine)

Storm
03-06-2002, 10:54 AM
86 posts in 5 days...I have a new inspiration...

:D

Chr0nik
03-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Definately Metal, Rock, Punk...

Dance music in games makes me WANNA PUKE

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 12:08 PM
Fighting games - I like to hear the most heavy, axe grinding hard ass rock possible.

FPSs - for some reason I have grown to love Opera-type music for this :D I don't know about you guys, but, the soundtrack in Halo gets me more pumped up than any Heavy metal or rock band if that were to replace it.

Sports - actually, a nice twist of hip hop is a welcome addition for this genre. I don't normally prefer hip hop, but, hip hop can be tastefully done in this genre if done properly.

Action - Frat bands! Lots of frat bands like Offspring, Greenday, Beastie Boys...stuff that wants you to move and move fast!!

The Terminator
03-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Fighting- Rock/Metal, anything really hard.

FPS- I like a mix Metal and Hardcore rap, for some reason the Wu gets me pumped up for FPSing, lol

Sports- Rap/Hiphop

Racing- Whatever

RPGs- Whatever the in-game music is.

Razor70
03-06-2002, 05:39 PM
Me I just like my own music..with my own terms! I love to listen to Afroman's Because I Got High while driving in PGR, and there's nothing like some Green Day or Led Zepplin while boarding down the slopes in Amped! I just wish more games had the ability to let you play your own music while playing! I think all games for the Xbox should come with this feature first.

40and41
03-06-2002, 06:26 PM
dave matthews and any other acoustic music..somedays im feeiln hip hop and RnB..or classic rock...i dotn like punk and metal and all that ****

veruca86
03-06-2002, 06:30 PM
I HAVE ONE NAME -SLIPKNOT- THEY ARE ALL I LISTEN TO WHEN I'M PLAYING MY BOX! PUNK AND SKA WOULD BE NICE TOO! SLIPKNOT KICKS A$$!!

Batman2372
03-06-2002, 08:43 PM
I have to say that I really liked the music in Halo. I get tired of hearing the same old punk-ish music that Crazy Taxi got started...

But now that we can start to put our own music in, it's pretty sweet....