PDA

View Full Version : Imagine a game where you were a cowboy?!

zeek39
03-05-2002, 11:05 PM
a game where you start of as a cowboy and you can go to the salon and play poker and win money. Or you can go to a river and fish to feed your hungry stomach. Then you could buy one of those thingies with which you search for gold in a river and then you sell this money that you make from it and buy a pickaxe. Then you go up to the mountains and search for golds, but be veary of indians and bandits. Oh oh you get back to town and the indians burned down your hometown so you go and kill them.

This is my fantasy game... I dream about a game like this every night...... the closes game that's come to this came out way back in 91 for my Amiga ... ahh the good old days

What is your fantasy game? :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kero
03-05-2002, 11:30 PM
it'll be cool if they made a game like that
maybe a trigun rpg

Hugh_Jass
03-06-2002, 08:48 AM
I would be interested in a game like that.
I *LOVED* that old west FPS on the PC. I think it was from LucasArts.

JJaX
03-06-2002, 09:13 AM
Gunsmoke on NES was cool

AlBoogy
03-06-2002, 09:22 AM
*Imagining* hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,, yeah, it would blow.

Chr0nik
03-06-2002, 11:14 AM
It would certainly open the Xbox market to REDNECKS. ;)

zeek39
03-06-2002, 04:42 PM
pshaw you guys ..... it would be awsome!

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 04:57 PM
I don't know if it's just me or what...but, I like games that are more linear...you know, having a purpose for what you are trying to do...and an accomplishment. Maybe this is why I'm not a huge RPG fan.

I mean, I keep hearing all these amazing things about Shenmue 2 coming out for the XBox. Apparently, it was on the Dreamcast and I never owned it...I guess you actually have to import it to get it since it was only launched in Europe, but Shenmue 1 is available. I, of course, haven't see that. But, here's why I am mentioning this: I guess in Shenmue 2, you can actually get a job so you can earn money and stuff...I guess moving freight or something. Now, this doesn't sound like any sort of fun to me...not in the least. Am I just way off with the excitement or am I just definately not an RPG fan?

I can't honestly say that I have ever truly played a full-fledged RPG. Maybe I just prefer games that are more linear...looking for obtaining a goal. I don't know...what do you guys think?

zeek39
03-06-2002, 05:12 PM
yeah but this would not be just any rpg.... you would be a cowboy!!!! how cool is that?! :) :) :) :) :)

rr9597
03-06-2002, 05:16 PM
yeah that would be sweet! what would be cool would be like a real game of LIFE, like the board game but bigger and better where u can choose what u want to do. And see how much money u could get and how succesful ud get!

Afro Aura
03-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by zeek39
a game where you start of as a cowboy and you can go to the salon and play poker and win money. Or you can go to a river and fish to feed your hungry stomach. Then you could buy one of those thingies with which you search for gold in a river and then you sell this money that you make from it and buy a pickaxe. Then you go up to the mountains and search for golds, but be veary of indians and bandits. Oh oh you get back to town and the indians burned down your hometown so you go and kill them.

This is my fantasy game... I dream about a game like this every night...... the closes game that's come to this came out way back in 91 for my Amiga ... ahh the good old days

What is your fantasy game? :) :) :) :) :) :)
don't be sad maybe Project Ego may do the trick, and yes I to miss the go old Amiga days, I'm waiting for Cinemaware to bring back "it came from the desert"

zeek39
03-06-2002, 05:33 PM
Yea I heard about that.. good old amiga

wweomaniac
03-06-2002, 05:47 PM
I don't like that idea. Sure they seem like good ideas, but when the game is released, no one ends up buying them.

Imagine a game where you travel back and forth to the future and try and change history. Think of it as an RPG. Every move you make changes history and the game can never end until you totally @ #%&^$ up or fix the problem.

Afro Aura
03-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
I don't like that idea. Sure they seem like good ideas, but when the game is released, no one ends up buying them.

Imagine a game where you travel back and forth to the future and try and change history. Think of it as an RPG. Every move you make changes history and the game can never end until you totally @ #%&^$ up or fix the problem.
yeah it sounds cool like that film "Frequency" although he didn't go back and forth, but I get the idea

zeek39
03-06-2002, 06:10 PM
ehhh no thanks... you guys really disapoint me ... how can you not be screaming inside for an awsome cowboy game?!

zeek39
03-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Yeah TK I was gona buy a ps2 over xbox because of that game .. but then I ended up winning my xbox from taco bell :P :p :p :) :)

Toder
03-07-2002, 12:10 AM
hmm. What you described was nothing like a cowboy. sound more like being a propestor searching for gold. On other hand though a game set in the Wild West would be cool. I'd prefer your a bandit and you rob banks and railroads for money. Also you would be able to get into crazy bar fights and to get up in outlaw ranks you would have quick draw fights to see who's best.

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

don't be sad maybe Project Ego may do the trick, and yes I to miss the go old Amiga days, I'm waiting for Cinemaware to bring back "it came from the desert"

pppbttt...didn't like that one