PDA

View Full Version : [FS] MotoGP06 Faceplate

JEJE13
03-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Hello,

I have 1 faceplate Prototype MOTO GP06. There is only 10 in the world. This faceplate is very rare, never sold on ebay !! Product by MS and THQ.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5624/dsc00048lm5.th.jpg (http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00048lm5.jpg) http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9813/dsc00059lo3.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00059lo3.jpg) http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2663/dsc00053dq8.th.jpg (http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00053dq8.jpg)

Price: 300€ with shipping. I ship in the world. I live in France.

I accept paypal :cheers:

SOLD at kdub1982

Nato King
03-01-2008, 06:14 AM
The question is how much is 250€ in US money.

Elite-Concepts
03-01-2008, 06:24 AM
250 Euros = 378.25 U.S. dollars

Nato King
03-01-2008, 08:24 AM
250 Euros = 378.25 U.S. dollars

Oh ok well for a 1 out of 10 that is not bad. Looks like the biggest wallet will win this one.

kdub1982
03-01-2008, 08:30 AM
JEJE i sent you a PM ;)

JakofallAces
03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
well now the price is 300 Euros and at total of 455 usd i want it but hey 450 for something like that just doesn't float my boat

Ry
03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Oh ok well for a 1 out of 10 that is not bad. Looks like the biggest wallet will win this one.
I dont think its #1/10, I think he meant he has one, Im not sure

well now the price is 300 Euros and at total of 455 usd i want it but hey 450 for something like that just doesn't float my boat
I agree, If I had lots of money, I wouldnt care tbh.

Nato King
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I dont think its #1/10, I think he meant he has one, Im not sure

Yeah I know that. I didn't want to mean #1 of 10. He has 1 of 10. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also I would like to ask why is he selling the faceplate. something so rare so hard to find. Why is he selling.

JEJE13
03-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah I know that. I didn't want to mean #1 of 10. He has 1 of 10. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes. My number faceplate is 03 of 10, look the pics :D

Also I would like to ask why is he selling the faceplate. something so rare so hard to find. Why is he selling.

Because I have large money worries :s It's english this ? lol

SpaceGhost2K
03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh man, gh0st_r1der is gonna be sick when he sees this.

tinytoonsbuster
03-01-2008, 12:18 PM
lol, yeah, congrats to kdub huh

Nato King
03-01-2008, 12:20 PM
lol, yeah, congrats to kdub huh

Don't congrats him just yet I don't think he won it just yet.

kdub1982
03-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I better have won it i just sent him the money

Nato King
03-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh wow. You beat me to it. Than I must say Congrats than. So Ghost is really going to be sick

JEJE13
03-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Faceplate sold at kdub1982 for 370€ / US$560 :cheers:

Thanks all ;)

Ry
03-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Congrads kdub1982

tinytoonsbuster
03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
lol... that's ridiculous. that game sucks, and the plate is ugly! so what it's 1 of 10, what a waste of money in my opinion, you might as well get 2 or 3commissioned artist pavel faceplates... then at least you're getting art, and not just plastic =p

JakofallAces
03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
lol... that's ridiculous. that game sucks, and the plate is ugly! so what it's 1 of 10, what a waste of money in my opinion, you might as well get 2 or 3commissioned artist pavel faceplates... then at least you're getting art, and not just plastic =p

AMEN TO THAT BROTHA

Conchord
03-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Spending money on faceplates for a system that will be useless in less than ten years? Priceless.

gh0st_r1der
03-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Oh man, gh0st_r1der is gonna be sick when he sees this.

Eyebrowsing price of 370 EUR. ....9 MotoGP faceplates to track down :)

SpaceGhost2K
03-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Spending money on faceplates for a system that will be useless in less than ten years? Priceless.

Tolietbowl spent $2000 on a Genesis cartridge because there are only five of them in existance. And it was like Sonic and NBA JAM on a Blockbuster Tournament cartridge.

There are only ten of this faceplate. Who's to say that it won't be worth $1000 ten years from now?

People spend large amounts of money on rare, useless stuff all the time. You can't put a price on what appeals to YOU.

Conchord
03-02-2008, 01:55 AM
There are only ten of this faceplate. Who's to say that it won't be worth $1000 ten years from now?

Because these types of things never hold their value. Anything these days, really.

I mean look at classic, rare cars... going for hundreds of thousands, because they are rare; these days, manufacturers like Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari make six-figure cars that aren't even that rare, they are just high-performance and expensive as hell.

Just imagine in 30 years what a 2008 Ford Focus will be worth... probably nothing. Things aren't made with care like they used to be, because everything is commercialized and mass produced... 360 faceplates included.

I guess as long as there is someone to pay that much money for something like that, then it will technically be "worth" that much, but the market for it is decreasing. As the ADD generation increases, the generations that appreciate substance, depth, and originality slowly die off.

SpaceGhost2K
03-02-2008, 02:50 AM
Because these types of things never hold their value. Anything these days, really.

I mean look at classic, rare cars... going for hundreds of thousands, because they are rare; these days, manufacturers like Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari make six-figure cars that aren't even that rare, they are just high-performance and expensive as hell.

Just imagine in 30 years what a 2008 Ford Focus will be worth... probably nothing. Things aren't made with care like they used to be, because everything is commercialized and mass produced... 360 faceplates included.

I guess as long as there is someone to pay that much money for something like that, then it will technically be "worth" that much, but the market for it is decreasing. As the ADD generation increases, the generations that appreciate substance, depth, and originality slowly die off.

I understand your point. In this case, there are ten of these plates. All you need is, thirty years from now, for eleven people to still collect these plates. Will there be 501 people who absolutely HAVE to have the E3 Gears of War plate? Probably not. Will there be 2,001 people who have to have the E305 plate or 5101 people who have to have the Gamestop Bioshock plate? Probably not. But Eleven? That's a pretty safe bet.

Like I said, there were only five of those Genesis cartridges in existance, but there are obviously at least SIX people who "had to have it" or it wouldn't have sold for two thousand dollars.

If there were only ten copies of Kakuto Chojin left in existance, I could get a thousand dollars for a copy if I had it.

kdub1982
03-02-2008, 04:31 AM

AMEN TO THAT BROTHA

I can careless what you two think, I wanted this faceplate so I talked to JEJE through PM's and got it.

Nato King
03-02-2008, 05:59 AM
I can careless what you two think, I wanted this faceplate so I talked to JEJE through PM's and got it.

In the words of JakofallAces
AMEN TO THAT BROTHA

JakofallAces
03-02-2008, 08:36 AM

Mate its awesome that you got a rare plate but i am just wondering if you got it because it was rare or because you liked it because i would pay 300 for it because of its rarity but since i dont like the look of the plate i wouldnt pay anymore for something i dont like that much.

tinytoonsbuster
03-02-2008, 11:57 AM
so you must at least have the game then right? i bet you've never even played it. why did you want the faceplate? that's what i wanna know. you have freinds that you're gunna show it to? do THEY know how much you spent, or would you be too embarrassed to tell them you spent $570 on a ugly faceplate for a game that's over 2 years outdated lol... seems like a way to make up for something that's lacking =/

SpaceGhost2K
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I have lots of plates for games I've never played:

Chromehounds
Stranglehold
Stuntman
Rainbow Six
Splinter Cell
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
IdolM@ster (grumble)
Dead Rising
Lost Planet
Test Drive Unlimited

And not all of them are that purty. But if a plate was rare, not horrible looking, and I had the money, heck yeah I'd jump on it. Moto GP I would have done in a heartbeat - again - if I'd had the money. But if there were only ten Tropicana Twister plates... I think I'd pass. :)

tinytoonsbuster
03-02-2008, 02:35 PM
so if you don't have the game... and you don't like the faceplate... you would only buy it because it is rare right? even though it's $570... that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. so you spend $570 on a peice of plastic that you think is ugly and the game isn't good enough to buy... why would you buy the faceplate for freakin 500x what the game is worth??? tell me why you'd want it? for what... lol $570 wasted

SpaceGhost2K
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
so if you don't have the game... and you don't like the faceplate... you would only buy it because it is rare right? even though it's $570... that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. so you spend $570 on a peice of plastic that you think is ugly and the game isn't good enough to buy... why would you buy the faceplate for freakin 500x what the game is worth??? tell me why you'd want it? for what... lol $570 wasted

Well, if my hobby was building a collection, then I have to decide what my guidelines are for my collection. What kind of a collection do I want to have? Do I want to go for quantity? Do I want to go for quality? To I want to go for looks? Do I want to go for rarity? Am I a completionist (gotta catch 'em all)?

People spend crazy amounts of money on stamps. Some are postmarked and can never be used. Some are ridiculously ugly. Yet they still go for tens of thousands of dollars. The most wanted stamp ever has a screwed up print on it. The plane pictured on it was upside down. You'd think that if someone was going to spend mad money on a .... well, anything, they'd want it to be perfect, not imperfect. Doesn't always work like that.

JakofallAces
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I have lots of plates for games I've never played:

Chromehounds
Stranglehold
Stuntman
Rainbow Six
Splinter Cell
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
IdolM@ster (grumble)
Dead Rising
Lost Planet
Test Drive Unlimited

And not all of them are that purty. But if a plate was rare, not horrible looking, and I had the money, heck yeah I'd jump on it. Moto GP I would have done in a heartbeat - again - if I'd had the money. But if there were only ten Tropicana Twister plates... I think I'd pass. :)

wow i am a insane gamer i have played all of those games and even idol master. Wow i need to get a life

kdub1982
03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
so you must at least have the game then right? i bet you've never even played it. why did you want the faceplate? that's what i wanna know. you have freinds that you're gunna show it to? do THEY know how much you spent, or would you be too embarrassed to tell them you spent $570 on a ugly faceplate for a game that's over 2 years outdated lol... seems like a way to make up for something that's lacking =/

for your information i had MotoGP 06 i played it alot and quite enjoyed it, i also had MotoGP 07 but i have since traded them for some reason, i can't remember why. I actually might goto EB this coming week to find motoGP 07 used. I haven't told anyone i know how much i payed for the faceplate cause they wouldn't understand.

all in all I don't really care what you think about the faceplate and my reasoning for buying it.

JakofallAces
03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
for your information i had MotoGP 06 i played it alot and quite enjoyed it, i also had MotoGP 07 but i have since traded them for some reason, i can't remember why. I actually might goto EB this coming week to find motoGP 07 used. I haven't told anyone i know how much i payed for the faceplate cause they wouldn't understand.

all in all I don't really care what you think about the faceplate and my reasoning for buying it.

kk everyone i think its the time when we leave kdub alone with his -570 okay. We grilled him enough he did what he did for his own reasons and thats it there.

kdub1982
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
someone should lock this thread....

JakofallAces
03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
someone should lock this thread....

nah its just chilling:hump:

tinytoonsbuster
03-03-2008, 01:41 PM
i just wanted to see why he wanted it. and he did have motogp06 and 07 lol. he never played it looking at his 0/1000 gamerscore for both of them. but he did have them =p i just didn't think he wanted it THAT bad but apparently he did lol. he took it right out from under ghost_rider though. from what i saw in JEJE13's thread he shoulda got first dibs...

"close this thread" hahaha why?

p.s. happy b-day jak =)?

SpaceGhost2K
03-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I thought maybe GR didn't know about it, but kdub did indeed offer a higher bid. As bad as I want that IdolM@ster girls plate, I'd have trouble going over $250 for it.

CrazyCougar
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Every collectible has some sort of value if there is someone willing to buy it on the other end. Doesnt matter what it is or how old or new it is. If you are a seller and have a buyer than your merchandise is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Simple concept.

I have collected ball cards since my childhood, and buyers come and go. I once sold a Daunte Culpepper card for $100 before a book value came out. The card booked at $15. BUT, the buyer would have been willing to pay the $100 regardless of book value because they wanted it.

Bottom line is....everything has a value when its in demand. That demand can be one person or 100 people. It doesnt matter.

Nato King
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Every collectible has some sort of value if there is someone willing to buy it on the other end. Doesnt matter what it is or how old or new it is. If you are a seller and have a buyer than your merchandise is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Simple concept.

I have collected ball cards since my childhood, and buyers come and go. I once sold a Daunte Culpepper card for $100 before a book value came out. The card booked at $15. BUT, the buyer would have been willing to pay the $100 regardless of book value because they wanted it.

Bottom line is....everything has a value when its in demand. That demand can be one person or 100 people. It doesnt matter.

Good saying Crazy