PDA

View Full Version : Time for a CoD4 Forum?

DozertheDozaria
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to see what you guys thought about that. GoW is a great game, Halo is as well... So if those two have a forum, shouldn't CoD4 as well?

Oh well... just curious.

Dozer

FatBox
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Should just replace the GoW forum with a CoD forum, it would make more sense.

UNV Superkid
03-03-2008, 11:58 AM
i would not replace the GoW forum, especially with GoW2 coming soon, but COD4 does need its own forum!!!!

CrazyCougar
03-03-2008, 12:06 PM
The Halo franchise is pretty much a part of the Xbox/Xbox 360 lure. With a huge fanbase of course.

GoW has its own forum mainly due to the fact that GoW 2 is coming in 8 month. We expect a lot more volume in that forum in the coming months.

COD4 is a great game and has a huge following, but we are trying to limit the number of forums. COD4 does not see much in the way of posting, but sees plenty of playing time on Live. The general discussion forum and the shooter forum should suffice to handle any posts about COD4.

With the launch of the new site design, thats been the intention. To cut back the forums and have only necessities. If a need for a specific forum were to evolve, then we would be more than happy to add it in. But right now, there isnt much need for a COD4 forum. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Slowride
03-03-2008, 12:58 PM
This would have been a good idea around the time the game was released, but at this point.....meh.

Not Yellow
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
The Halo franchise is pretty much a part of the Xbox/Xbox 360 lure. With a huge fanbase of course.

GoW has its own forum mainly due to the fact that GoW 2 is coming in 8 month. We expect a lot more volume in that forum in the coming months.

COD4 is a great game and has a huge following, but we are trying to limit the number of forums. COD4 does not see much in the way of posting, but sees plenty of playing time on Live. The general discussion forum and the shooter forum should suffice to handle any posts about COD4.

With the launch of the new site design, thats been the intention. To cut back the forums and have only necessities. If a need for a specific forum were to evolve, then we would be more than happy to add it in. But right now, there isnt much need for a COD4 forum. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Yeah, I agree. Makes perfect sense.

But then, why was there a Viva Pinata thread? I never really saw like, a large following for that game. It also seemed like there were probably a max of like 10 topics in it the whole time it was up, probably less.

Not Pink
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Why such a limit of forum space?

DozertheDozaria
03-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Good explaination. I'll buy that. Thanks for the response.

Dozer

CrazyCougar
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Not Pink - No need for clutter.

Not Yellow - You kinda answered your own question pertaining to the Pinata forum. Thats why there is no more Pinata forum.

As I stated our main goal is to keep the forums simple, clean and easily accessible. The more forums you add, the more people have a chance at becoming confused as to where they should post something, making a mods job more of a nightmare than it already is.

Less is better at times.

Not Yellow
03-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Not Pink - No need for clutter.

Not Yellow - You kinda answered your own question pertaining to the Pinata forum. Thats why there is no more Pinata forum.

As I stated our main goal is to keep the forums simple, clean and easily accessible. The more forums you add, the more people have a chance at becoming confused as to where they should post something, making a mods job more of a nightmare than it already is.

Less is better at times.

Kay, understood.
Thanks for the clarification Cougar.

FatBox
03-03-2008, 03:35 PM

I suspect you'll need a Fable forum when it starts to near the Fable 2 release.

Conchord
03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I say we get Casper back in here to just nuke the whole forum. Again.

Slowride
03-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I say we get Casper back in here to just nuke the whole forum. Again.

I say we just hand the keys over to trir and ride it out.

Conchord
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Or contact pagani and give him the reins.

Slowride
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
you mean ekztacy?

Conchord
03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
That's what I meant.

P.S. I don't think they are the same person, pagani was funny.

Slowride
03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Ya I know....It's basically like pagani "matured" and is now trying to make more serious threads which just sort of suck.