PDA

View Full Version : Team Xbox Faceplates

Ry
03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Where do you get them? I've searched the forums and website and found nothing.
Any help is nice:cheers:

JakofallAces
03-05-2008, 05:25 AM
i got mine from Ghost_rider but i think they were available at E3 or something not sure. These are rarely on ebay so good luck

Ry
03-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Yeah me and Silent looked on ebay, nothing

SpaceGhost2K
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I think there's a problem with them selling them. They made the plates about the time they were bought by IGN and I think there's a problem with who has permission to profit from the name. I think Shockwave owns the plates but no longer owns the site, so he can't sell the plates. I don't think they made very many, but my understanding is that you have to make a bunch at a time because they won't MAKE a few at a time.

In other words, I have no idea how many there are, you can't "buy" them anywhere, and I don't know how one would go about getting one. Shock gave mine to me, and Dan from OXM gave me one that I passed along to a friend. Dan has no more of them to give away (I asked). And Shockwave isn't talking. :)

That means don't ask him. I do NOT want to find out a bunch of people from a forum that one of his top posters mutinied to start are hounding him for faceplates. He won't part with any so there's no point causing a political incident. Gracias.

Ry
03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info Ed, I wont ask Shockwave, I probally whouldnt if he cant sell them anyway, so maybe I will email IGN and see whats going on.

UNV Superkid
03-10-2008, 09:21 AM
there is one for sale on ebay item # 320226639105

Nato King
03-10-2008, 12:22 PM
there is one for sale on ebay item # 320226639105

:yikes:That faceplate is going for alot of money.:yikes:

Ry
03-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I saw it, I aint paying freaking 500 buck for it. lol.

SpaceGhost2K
03-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I would be VERY interested in knowing if someone actually comes through with that money or if someone is just jerking someone else's chain.

It looks like one bidder topped out at $450, another came in at $500, and the first bidder bid over that, and then increased his bid over that, too. Plus someone dropped out around $200.

*****, for $500, I'd consider selling mine. That's a car payment, after all.

JakofallAces
03-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I would be VERY interested in knowing if someone actually comes through with that money or if someone is just jerking someone else's chain.

It looks like one bidder topped out at $450, another came in at $500, and the first bidder bid over that, and then increased his bid over that, too. Plus someone dropped out around $200.

*****, for $500, I'd consider selling mine. That's a car payment, after all.

i know me too but my reserve would have to be at $450, hey anyone know if when the bidding is over for an item if you can see all of the peple who bidded on it even if their was bidders privacy???

UNV Superkid
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
that is a plate on my wish list but there is no way i am forking over that kinda cash, i would rather buy a PS3 (sorry I still play the sony systems) or another 360 for the bedroom..

JakofallAces
03-10-2008, 04:28 PM
that is a plate on my wish list but there is no way i am forking over that kinda cash, i would rather buy a PS3 (sorry I still play the sony systems) or another 360 for the bedroom..
hell i know it but to make that much cash would be awesome hey spacey do you have to pay a monthly fee for an ebayers sellers account

Elite-Concepts
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
you only pay for a monthly subscription if you have a eBay shop, so space would have to pay a monthly fee, if you just want to be a private seller ( no shop) you just pay the insertion fee.

Hope this Helps

JakofallAces
03-10-2008, 05:28 PM
you only pay for a monthly subscription if you have a eBay shop, so space would have to pay a monthly fee, if you just want to be a private seller ( no shop) you just pay the insertion fee.

Hope this Helps

thanks cause i have an offer now outside of ebay and want to wiegh my chances of a good deal

UNV Superkid
03-11-2008, 08:12 AM
the price on the plate on ebay dropped from 500 back down to about 200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320226639105&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

somebody probably put their highest bid at like 500 thinking none would go that high so they would be sure to get it and then realized it didn't and they couldn't pay that..lol

Nato King
03-11-2008, 04:38 PM
the price on the plate on ebay dropped from 500 back down to about 200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320226639105&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

somebody probably put their highest bid at like 500 thinking none would go that high so they would be sure to get it and then realized it didn't and they couldn't pay that..lol

yeah you could be right Because it's the same person selling it.

goldeneyez9
03-11-2008, 04:52 PM
How can you tell it's same person selling it as the person who retracted the bid? Wouldn't that be unethical? I can't imagine anybody buying from the selling if they knew he/she was doing that.

gameking28
03-12-2008, 05:08 AM
How can you tell it's same person selling it as the person who retracted the bid? Wouldn't that be unethical? I can't imagine anybody buying from the selling if they knew he/she was doing that.

It's called shill bidding and it happens a lot on eBay (probably even more now since user IDs are private on ALL auctions).
Basically a seller has a friend or acquaintance or whatever place an obscenely high bid to determine what the next highest bidder's maximum bid is. Then they retract the bid, and the seller knows how much the *current* high bidder is willing to pay.
It gets complicated from there because the seller then has to have a third party come in (at least if he doesn't want to make it obvious) and bid just under the other guy so the seller gets top dollar.
It's easy to spot - or at least it used to be before eBay went and changed things up. I've pulled out of auctions because of stuff like that before.

This one is interesting to watch though... There are only 2 bidders and 20 bids amongst them. They got into a bidding war early.
I think it was actually the original bidder "e***e" that had a friend shill bid to figure out how high "c***c" went.
"E" put in an original bid that was beaten (severely) 20 minutes later. He then upped his bid 7 times - stopping at $199.99. Since "C's" only bid at that point was $200.00, eBay would be showing the current bid as that exact number, instead of the $2 or $5 (I can't remember off the top of my head) increment bid it should have gone up by. "E" is an experienced eBayer (lots of feedback) and would've seen this and (presumably) put in a bid just over it so he could be top dog again - but he stopped. Someone who just placed 7 bids in a matter of 2 minutes doesn't just stop when they figure out what their opponent's max bid is. :huh:
Then "C" went and upped his bid... 11 times and counting.
Then the shill bidder came in and exposed "C's" maximum bid to anyone who may have stopped by in the 11 hours his bid was live. To his credit, "C" hasn't placed a bid since then.
Honestly, it could be a friend of the seller, or it could be a friend of this "E" character, but this auction smells. Bidding wars are ugly for buyers (awesome for sellers though) and this one started off early. I'd avoid this one like the plague. :watchout:

goldeneyez9
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Well now it is back to $1.99. We'll see if it goes back up.

gameking28
03-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Dude, that auction is f*cked. "C" did what I would've done and got his @$$ out of there.
Kind of makes me mad too - I spent a lot of time analyzing the way those two were bidding for my post above and now it's all ruined! :cry:

goldeneyez9
03-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Well if the seller wasn't behind it I kinda feel bad for him/her. On the other hand if they were behind it they got what they deserved.

If you list something and it does not sell, do you still pay a fee? Or is it just a percentage of the sale and if it doesn't sell then ebay doesn't collect anything?

SpaceGhost2K
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, let me say this. There were two people fighting for the plate. I know who one of them was. That person simply begged out because they talked themselves out of spending that kind of money. That dropped the other bidder's price down to whatever their highest uncontested price was. What happened to the SECOND bidder, I have no idea. I haven't seen the auction today, so I don't know where it currently stands. $1.99 seems really odd, though. But honestly, I don't think shill bidding was the issue here. I think a couple of people just woke up to the fact that they were spending way more on a plate than it was worth.

gameking28
03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Shill bidding usually isn't the case, but this one just looked weird to me. I don't think I've ever seen an auction where the price fluctuated $200 back and forth before. :rofl: That seller is probably pulling his hair out!

KatamariKutie
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
If you list something and it does not sell, do you still pay a fee? Or is it just a percentage of the sale and if it doesn't sell then ebay doesn't collect anything?

When you list something once, you pay a fee. When it sells, you pay another fee - a percentage of how much it sold for. If it doesn't sell, you can relist it. You still pay the fee for the first time. If it sells after relisting, you don't pay a second fee, only the percentage of what it sells for. If it doesn't sell after relisting, you have to pay the listing fee a second time.

I think I got that right. Anyone is welcome to correct me if I mixed it up.

JakofallAces
03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
thanks but i actually didnt even need to list it on ebay thanks to these forums i helped out a fellow collector and myself ;)

goldeneyez9
03-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I guess that shows how much I know about ebay procedures. We'll see what it eventually sells for. When someone drops out of a bid like that everyone knows what the next persons max bid is... which will either encourage or discourage bidding entirely. Oh well, what is the team xbox plate worth? I assume less opened?

Also what are the following plates worth?

Tags06
You're Next
Urban

Now I realize that this is all relative to what someone is willing to pay, but there are only 200 of each of those last three and being new to this I'm not sure what the supply/demand is at for faceplates at this point.

gh0st_r1der
03-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Also what are the following plates worth?

Tags06
You're Next
Urban

$220 each

JakofallAces
03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
$220 each

ya but i am getting #001/200 tags for only 250 so it differs but ya around 200 for each though Urbans usually go for more