PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

goldeneyez9
03-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey, just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm new to the site and new to faceplate collecting. I started in the past couple of weeks mainly because I saw that Bioshock US faceplate and decided it was soo neat that I'd like to get some faceplates and somehow display them.

I've made most of my purchases on ebay and since visiting this site I know that I have overpayed on at least a few.

My collection so far is:

Gears of War - with Marcus Fenix on it
Blue Hotrod (I think that's what it's called... the common one that came out shortly after the xbox 360 released)
Bioshock US
Quake 4 - Asian copy I'm pretty sure, but paid less than $10 for it including shipping
Mass Effect
Blue Dragon
Bioshock UK
Halo 3 singapore
Gears of War E3 emergence day
Fear
Call of Duty 4
Dead Rising UK
Stranglehold
Lost Planet - from ebay from ghost I believe
Companion Cube - From ebay... this is en route... we'll see, the guy had 1 negative feedback - as a buyer, not a seller

Wishlist:
Civilization Revolution - I really would like to get this one
Heroes Sylar Slash Commissioned? - #46 on Space Ghosts list
Moto GP - I know not to expect to ever get this one, but I actually think it looks good

SpaceGhost2K
03-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome, welcome. :)

For sure I can help with the Heroes thing. I have everything I need (except time, lol). I sent you a PM earlier I believe. I was getting ready for a job interview and was kinda scatterbrained at that moment.

You have a great start on a collection: some commons, some rares. I don't have a Quake or Fear plate so you're two up on me. I haven't played Portal so I'm not sure what to think about the companion cube, EXCEPT that it seems like a relavitely custom to make since multiple plates have shown up. I think if someone wanted to give customizing a shot, that would be a great place to start.

goldeneyez9
03-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Well I checked out and got that Amsterdam faceplate that was listed.

I'm probably going to take a break for a little while from ebaying to recoup, unless of course one of the three on my wishlist shows up (Thanks Space for the help!!!!). But I"ll be frequenting the forums.

Now I need to determine how to display the faceplates. Any ideas for someone with no artistic talent?

Also I've been browsing the forums and I've seen that you are working on a database for the faceplates. My understanding is that it is not finished, but is a working version up yet? I'm just wondering because it sounds like a great idea.

SpaceGhost2K
03-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Well I checked out and got that Amsterdam faceplate that was listed.

I'm probably going to take a break for a little while from ebaying to recoup, unless of course one of the three on my wishlist shows up (Thanks Space for the help!!!!). But I"ll be frequenting the forums.

Now I need to determine how to display the faceplates. Any ideas for someone with no artistic talent?

Also I've been browsing the forums and I've seen that you are working on a database for the faceplates. My understanding is that it is not finished, but is a working version up yet? I'm just wondering because it sounds like a great idea.

The project was delayed due to the availbility of manpower. Kamshaft, the owner of the site, and I have talked the last few days, about details of the site. It is in the very early "creation" stages. Im April, he and I will both be attending a summit on the Microsoft campus in Redmond and we hope to have the databse up and running by that point. Obviously, it won't be "full" because that will take a while.

gameking28
03-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Welcome Goldeneyez9!
You've got a great collection for having only started a couple weeks ago.
As for how to display them, everyone around here is kind of trying to figure that one out too. One of the members actually built a custom display shelf that is pretty sharp. A couple others have gotten plastic wall hangers and hung them from those. Mine are in a plastic storage bin at the moment (and it's killing me to not have them out). :p
Welcome again and have fun!

ChRoNiK120
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
yeA WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!! and have fun collectin faceplates its fun

Ry
03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Welcome, enjoy teh stay.

christ on bike
03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi all :)
I'm new too :D
I have the common blue halo one and the Qee one which i have never taken out of box...

JakofallAces
03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi all :)
I'm new too :D
I have the common blue halo one and the Qee one which i have never taken out of box...

TAKE IT OUTTA THE BOX it really wont matter those things have very little resale value also welcome

christ on bike
03-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I like the box :)

SamSmith
03-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the site my friend! Hope you'll be sticking around.

christ on bike
03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Why thankyou :)

JakofallAces
03-13-2008, 09:36 PM
I like the box :)

i know but the plate looks cool but is taky in THAT box just because of what is written on the box:hump:

christ on bike
03-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeh. For xbox 360 owners only, as if someone is going to try and put it on their nintendo wii

gameking28
03-14-2008, 01:31 PM
lol You know, I've never noticed that! That's hilarious!

christ on bike
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
lol and the fact that it is in english?! i thought they were from Asia?

JakofallAces
03-14-2008, 03:32 PM
lol and the fact that it is in english?! i thought they were from Asia?

they are but were meant to be sold to americans obviously because they arent that great and ******************** would ever buy one for themself

**EDIT** Hey, be nice.