PDA

View Full Version : Hey Maximus - welcome to months ago!

l Maximus l
03-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Well, dudes, I finally broke down and bought it...since I'm in between jobs, I have a lot of extra time on my hands. I went out and bought Rock Band...the game freakin' ownz....love it! Way better than I imagined...seriously, if you even somewhat liked Guitar Hero, you'll love this game! This comes from a dude that only played Guitar Hero once.

Rock Band is awesome! I never even picked up a set of drum sticks in my life and now I'm jammin' like a crazy man :D

I even sang a few songs - on Easy of course...I rocked it...98% my first time - and this comes from a dude that can't even sing the "Happy Birthday" song in tune :D

Anyway, great songs - I can't wait to jam through all of the songs...get great at this game and start downloading more music... Time to buy a brand new sound system!

Conchord
03-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Speaking of, I need to buy a new drum set.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah rockband kicks ass!..., i dont like the guitar though... i think i just got used to guitar hero but the guitar in rock band is not that challenging the only thing that took me some getting use to is the bottom buttons to go on free mode... i like that but it took a while before i got it... Now the drums....
DAMN... that took a while ... cause your trying to go with the beat of the song not the beat of the buttons... and you just go nuts lol when things speed up... I dont like the songs on Rock band though damn.. i would love to see some korn,limp bizkit, Better mettalica, Chemical romance and Linkin Park... damn... that be awesome.. if they included some up to date songs... oh well... still a good game... and the mike is great when your drunk..... and have friends over lol karioke.. :whistle:

UNV Superkid
03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
rock band is great yo, i own rock band and GH2/3 and i play rock band way more then GH.....It rules

Ry
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I only have GH2 and GH3, I played rock band at a friends house, It is awsome, I agree with Brooklyn, the guitar is crap, it seems to fragile to me, and the strum bar is fhked up. The drums are my favourite, the only thing I had a problem with was the kick pedel, I loved all the songs we played, and I sang, I wasnt the greatest, but I got us by,
Have fun with it, I dont have it YET, hoping to get it soon.

l Maximus l
03-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, the Rock Band guitar is okay...but, I'm likely going to buy another guitar - the Guitar Hero guitar, which works with Rock Band. I heard that the Rock Band guitar WILL NOT work for Guitar Hero which is strange.

I'll just use the Rock Band Guitar when someone wants to play bass - I think that will be a great use for it :)

Soda Jones
03-11-2008, 12:44 AM
drums are the sht, especially on the upper two difficulties...sweet stuff.

l Maximus l
03-11-2008, 01:33 AM
drums are the sht, especially on the upper two difficulties...sweet stuff.

I'll get there some time....right now, I can do Medium on only a couple songs so far. Not too shabby since I bought the game last night! :)

CrazyCougar
03-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Rock Band is definitely awesome, now I personally prefer the guitar over the little piece of plastic you get with Guitar Hero. To me, GH guitars feel like a toy while at least the RB Guitar has some weight and substance to it. Again, only a preference and I am sure GH players are really used to the GH guitars and prefer them. I didnt play much GH prior to Rock Band, so that could be why I prefer the RB guitar.

None the less...Love the game!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Rock Band is definitely awesome, now I personally prefer the guitar over the little piece of plastic you get with Guitar Hero. To me, GH guitars feel like a toy while at least the RB Guitar has some weight and substance to it. Again, only a preference and I am sure GH players are really used to the GH guitars and prefer them. I didnt play much GH prior to Rock Band, so that could be why I prefer the RB guitar.

None the less...Love the game!

No i agree, infact it was the very first thing i noticed and i been playing GuitarHero since the 1st one. But yeah, i like Rockbands Guitar (look) but i hate the way you have to mash the buttons in order not to miss, the notes. In guitar Hero, it's a lot smoother. But that might just be, mine alone.. ;)

l Maximus l
03-12-2008, 02:42 AM
No i agree, infact it was the very first thing i noticed and i been playing GuitarHero since the 1st one. But yeah, i like Rockbands Guitar (look) but i hate the way you have to mash the buttons in order not to miss, the notes. In guitar Hero, it's a lot smoother. But that might just be, mine alone.. ;)

I only played with the GH guitar one time and find it to be easier than the RB guitar. Though, I'm getting very used to the RB guitar, I want to still buy a GH guitar so I have an extra guitar for bass.

I didn't notice any weight difference, but, I wasn't thinking about it. Like I said, I only played with the GH guitar once.

Are there any good 3rd party guitars out there? I'm just curious because it would be pretty cool to have a guitar that is kind of different.

Seriously, I am becoming a serious RB geek....lol

When I first sat down on the drums, I felt like an idiot because I didn't even know how to hold the drum sticks! Once I got used to using more of my wrists, it started to become more natural (didn't take long). Of course, I'm not going to claim that I'm awesome at the game - far from so far. At first, I was extremely intimidated by the drums but am very comfortable with them now.

I know a guy that bought Rock Band when it first came out - he never played drums in his life. Now he plays awesome on Hard and can even do Expert on a couple songs without missing a beat! He's actually planning on buying a real drum set next month...that's amazing to me that a game can do that to someone!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-12-2008, 08:02 AM
I only played with the GH guitar one time and find it to be easier than the RB guitar. Though, I'm getting very used to the RB guitar, I want to still buy a GH guitar so I have an extra guitar for bass.

I didn't notice any weight difference, but, I wasn't thinking about it. Like I said, I only played with the GH guitar once.

Are there any good 3rd party guitars out there? I'm just curious because it would be pretty cool to have a guitar that is kind of different.

Seriously, I am becoming a serious RB geek....lol

When I first sat down on the drums, I felt like an idiot because I didn't even know how to hold the drum sticks! Once I got used to using more of my wrists, it started to become more natural (didn't take long). Of course, I'm not going to claim that I'm awesome at the game - far from so far. At first, I was extremely intimidated by the drums but am very comfortable with them now.

I know a guy that bought Rock Band when it first came out - he never played drums in his life. Now he plays awesome on Hard and can even do Expert on a couple songs without missing a beat! He's actually planning on buying a real drum set next month...that's amazing to me that a game can do that to someone!

Dude those drums are hard at first... its like in the start your like oh yeah i can hit that then when the song picks up tempo your like :yikes:-ahhhh!!..
I'm sure someone like madcatz out there is in the process of creating the a rockband alternative guitar..., or check in the customs in here to see if anyone has added there drawing talents towards it, i want them to make covers.. like batman, superman,xman.. etc.. give the guitar my own flavor...
one thing i wish Rockband had and this goes for Guitar hero too, more modern day music and im not talking about brand spanking new but old songs of new bands like korn,limp bizkit, system of a down things like that I'm 26 i like mettallica and the doors, ac dc im not outside the oldies box, but dammit... hit the 90's more for the love of god i would love to play drums on a slipknot song...

Variation-XBA
03-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Max, you better hit me up on Rock Band sometime. If you guys ever need a singer, let me know :)