PDA

View Full Version : I am ADDICTED!!

UNV Superkid
03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
LOL, I bought my first 5 face plates on ebay saturday night and i bought another 1 on sunday and 2 from game stop today, and my wife is throwing a fit :whistle:

I own 3 now that were on my wish list (of the less expensive variety) and have already started saving up to buy the more expensive ones....

i wish someone would have told me the thrill of chasing these things down along time ago...

I am a big collector of stamps, trading cards, video game systems, sports memorabilia, books.... you name it and its in my house one way or another and my wife is not driving me crazy because i am spending more money on some thing that she does not see as something i need.....:rolleyes:

anyway just want to first off thank Nato King for the intro to them and all the other guys here at XBA for the help in finding and encouragement to press on..

Nato King
03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks UNV Superkid

Like I said I too was a new person to faceplate collecting about 5 months ago and I was asking question alot because that was the only way I can learn. So with my new information I just passed on the information to you. So like I say and I will always say. If you need anything else just let me know as long as it's not money for a faceplate. hahaha because I too am broke from spending so much I have three faceplates in the mail now coming to me. I will post pictures once I get them.

Keep collecting SuperKid

SpaceGhost2K
03-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't lose your wife over it, though.

tinytoonsbuster
03-10-2008, 11:58 PM

agreed, i'm glad that mine is cool with it. some thanks to you there space lol

UNV Superkid
03-11-2008, 07:57 AM

Na man she is cool, she actually is an addicted gamer just like me, its just some my collecting she doesn't understand...

agreed, i'm glad that mine is cool with it. some thanks to you there space lol

and tiny your statement makes me think of something, yo space...do you think you could make a Cinderella face plate, that is like her(my wife) favourite movie/character in the world..that might get her off my back??

SpaceGhost2K
03-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Na man she is cool, she actually is an addicted gamer just like me, its just some my collecting she doesn't understand...

and tiny your statement makes me think of something, yo space...do you think you could make a Cinderella face plate, that is like her(my wife) favourite movie/character in the world..that might get her off my back??

We could probably come up with something. I picked up a couple of figures at a dollar store once: Malefecent from Sleeping Beauty and Scar from the Lion King. They probably had Cinderellas, but I was looking for villains. Oh, I got a Sesame Street Ernie, too. :D Dude, I get my mom involved with the Swarovski's and I could do a kickass Cinderella plate.

UNV Superkid
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
kool dude just let me know what i need to do and or provide, not to expensive tho i am still trying to buy the amsterdam faceplate from tiny ;)

goldeneyez9
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Talk about addicted... I've spent around $1500+ in the past month. I need to big time slow it down. I'm still in the phase where if I see a rare one I think it's going to be the last time I see it so I overbid. Live and learn I guess.

JakofallAces
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Talk about addicted... I've spent around $1500+ in the past month. I need to big time slow it down. I'm still in the phase where if I see a rare one I think it's going to be the last time I see it so I overbid. Live and learn I guess.
ya i think it was you who paid 500 for the cube companion plate i dont even understand that plate but hey thats how you start a collection i mean i got lucky and got some great deals but i still got ripped off a few times

goldeneyez9
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I paid 45 (shipping included) for the companion cube one... not 500!!! Then I'd say I really have a problem. :)

UNV Superkid
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Talk about addicted... I've spent around $1500+ in the past month.

Ok dude you win cause i just cant afford to go that crazy right now, but if i could i probly would be giving you some comp. LOL

JakofallAces
03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I paid 45 (shipping included) for the companion cube one... not 500!!! Then I'd say I really have a problem. :)
oh i thought you were talking about this one ebay item #:290199784176 it went for $400 so my bad i just thought u bought it

goldeneyez9
03-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Well... that faceplate is ok... I'll even go to nice or cool, but not $400+ ... There isn't enough art and creativity in it to make me think I couldn't make the same thing for $20 on my own. So would I have paid $50 for it? Maybe, but not much more.

AzsJuggler
03-11-2008, 08:51 PM
It's not a problem until you pay over 50 bones for a Barbie: Princess Castle plate:eek:

gameking28
03-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Ha! That Companion Cube plate was funny, but not $400 worth of funny.
Hell, I could bust out my sharpies and just copy what was done on that plate on my blank white one for almost nothing.
And during the month of December I spent the GNP of a small country on faceplates and gaming collectibles. I've been trying to take it easy over the last 3 months... that and I like Spacey's plates much more than the retail ones anyway - including the rare ones. I mean come on, compare this (which I sacrificed a kidney for): :confused:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/th_GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg)

to this: :hail:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/th_LOST1.jpg (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/LOST1.jpg)

kdub1982
03-12-2008, 07:30 AM
I just went and checked my paypal account....I have spent ALOT in the past month, I am slowing down a bit...

moltenluv
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I have slowed down a lot too mainly because it is getting harder and harder to find plates that I don't already have. Then when one finally comes along I end up losing because I don't have enough $$$$ for it. I really do need to update my collection. I have a bunch of new faceplates to add but I am just to lazy to do it. I have a few rare ones and a bunch of customs from Spacey. This collecting thing is kinda losing its thrill now. I am getting bored, I need something exciting to appear on eBay ;)

goldeneyez9
03-13-2008, 08:59 AM
I need to put up pics of my collection. I still have a handful (or two) in transit though. To display them I purchased some shadow boxes with velcro backing at Michaels (they were on sale) and little adhesive velcro circles to attach the faceplates with. The only problem is that will not work anything still in the plastic case. I don't know if I should open those or not.

Also, there is another custom crystal plate on ebay. It's sweet looking. I'm bidding on it, but feel free to bid as well. I think it's called Sunshine?