PDA

View Full Version : What happened with that free arcade download everyone was to get?!?!

MXracer721
03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Back in December (I think that's when it was) xbox live was having a few problems for a couple days. I thought Microsoft was going to give everyone a free Live Arcade download....what happened with that? Did I miss something?

Not Yellow
03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Back in December (I think that's when it was) xbox live was having a few problems for a couple days. I thought Microsoft was going to give everyone a free Live Arcade download....what happened with that? Did I miss something?

The game was Undertow. It sucks. It might still be up for free download, but..imho its not that great.

Ainokeatoo
03-10-2008, 10:05 PM
The game was Undertow. It sucks. It might still be up for free download, but..imho its not that great.

It's still up... Just not free, the game was out for free for a week I believe, back in january.

CrazyCougar
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Correct, it was only a limited time. It ran for like 5 days. Once those days passed, the game went back to regular MSP price.

BananaMan
03-11-2008, 05:06 AM
I have a simliar question about the free microsoft points for founding members. I was a founding member and I didn't get anything. I'm thinking the issue is back in 2003 microsoft made me change my gamertag from BananaMan to Skimboarder. Do you think that puts me on their record as like signing up in 2003? I was thinking about just giving them a call, plus the founding member gamer picture is pretty cool.

FromHell440
03-11-2008, 06:40 AM
If I were you I would be glad I missed it. The game was so bad that I deleted it about 20 minutes after I started playing it.

It seems they made sure they gave us one of the cheesiest games on XBox Live. I would have preferred to have received a certain number of MS points which we could have used to purchase what we want.

CrazyCougar
03-11-2008, 06:44 AM
I have a simliar question about the free microsoft points for founding members. I was a founding member and I didn't get anything. I'm thinking the issue is back in 2003 microsoft made me change my gamertag from BananaMan to Skimboarder. Do you think that puts me on their record as like signing up in 2003? I was thinking about just giving them a call, plus the founding member gamer picture is pretty cool.

The MS points were in limited supply. So not all founding members got that. Pretty much a first come first serve basis. As for the gamerpic, that may be worth trying to make a call, but I myself didnt even bother to try calling. I too have been a member of Xbox Live since the beta test first wave, and I did not receive the email either. I am pretty confident they sent it to my original email address that is tied to my Windows ID account, which I no longer sue or have.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
If I were you I would be glad I missed it. The game was so bad that I deleted it about 20 minutes after I started playing it.

It seems they made sure they gave us one of the cheesiest games on XBox Live. I would have preferred to have received a certain number of MS points which we could have used to purchase what we want.

Same thing i said man, that game is so stupid.. I would of rather the points but no they gave us what they probably concidered to be the least downloadable game... :bang: jerks...

MXracer721
03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Alright, that all makes sense now. I was under the impression it was any arcade game we wanted. Oh well, glad I didn't miss anything spectacular.

BananaMan
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
The MS points were in limited supply. So not all founding members got that. Pretty much a first come first serve basis. As for the gamerpic, that may be worth trying to make a call, but I myself didnt even bother to try calling. I too have been a member of Xbox Live since the beta test first wave, and I did not receive the email either. I am pretty confident they sent it to my original email address that is tied to my Windows ID account, which I no longer sue or have.

I wasn't aware how it was all done. I wasn't part of the beta but I did get LIVE the first day. I guess it's not really worth making a cal but oh well.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Alright, that all makes sense now. I was under the impression it was any arcade game we wanted. Oh well, glad I didn't miss anything spectacular.

Yeah trust me you didnt miss anything great...

FromHell440
03-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah trust me you didnt miss anything great...

Quoted for Truth.

INSANEKID13
03-13-2008, 01:26 AM
yeah don't worry you didn't miss anything the games blows