PDA

View Full Version : Take-Two confirms BioShock 2

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Yes!!! freak-ing Yes!!! :yikes:

but how? if you know both ending... how the hell... are they gonna keep it going... oh well .. happy to hear its coming... and being worked on... sweeet game... best of 07 in my opinion... ;)

Conchord
03-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Good game, but not great. If you are gong to sell a single-player game for $60, it better have the play time and replayability of Morrowind, otherwise I am renting it.

Single-player campaigns loaded with scripts are fun the first time around. I usually get pissed when I see $60 gathering dust when it could be working for me.

WynnFire
03-13-2008, 02:05 AM
It is confirmed but being done by a different studio. The main guy from System Shock is going to be involved but they haven't mentioned how.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Good game, but not great. If you are gong to sell a single-player game for $60, it better have the play time and replayability of Morrowind, otherwise I am renting it.

Single-player campaigns loaded with scripts are fun the first time around. I usually get pissed when I see $60 gathering dust when it could be working for me.

I Know what you mean but i didn’t even feel like i was taken the game provided, a great gaming...experience for me... Morrowind to me was super dull, great concept i liked the interactions but the repeated dungeons, kept making me feel like i was playing the same thing over and over again. the same thing goes when you go through a Oblivion Gate, It was boring for me, .. it's just my opinion...

FromHell440
03-13-2008, 08:14 AM
I agree with Brooklyn. Morrowwind was boring.

An old acquaintance of mine used to be all hyped up over Morrowwind. He let me play it and I turned the game off in 5 minutes it was so boring.

Oblivion even has the same dull, same old thing, ring to it.

Bioshock on the other hand caught my attention from the start of the game. I was engrossed in the game and the scenes were extremely well thought out.

Through most of the game the tension was high as you never knew what was coming. None of the game was the same old, same old like Morrowwind.

Rapture was captivating when I first submerged and saw it through the eyes of my character. The game held me fast from the door.

UNV Superkid
03-13-2008, 08:35 AM
i still havent found the time to play the first one yet

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM

An old acquaintance of mine used to be all hyped up over Morrowwind. He let me play it and I turned the game off in 5 minutes it was so boring.

Bioshock on the other hand caught my attention from the start of the game. I was engrossed in the game and the scenes were extremely well thought out.

Through most of the game the tension was high as you never knew what was coming. None of the game was the same old, same old like Morrowwind.

Rapture was captivating when I first submerged and saw it through the eyes of my character. The game held me fast from the door.

What was the expression hell.. Quoted for Truth!! there you go lol... Hell ;)

Ry
03-13-2008, 10:50 AM
I liked it, but it scared me:( The story line seemed solid though, and I like the crazy artist who hung dead people on the wall and called it Art. :)

FromHell440
03-13-2008, 10:58 AM
What was the expression hell.. Quoted for Truth!! there you go lol... Hell ;)

Every single top rating Bioshock got it deserved!

I can't wait till Bioshock 2 comes out! Playstation is going to be in some serious trouble!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Every single top rating Bioshock got it deserved!

I can't wait till Bioshock 2 comes out! Playstation is going to be in some serious trouble!

I agree..! I still believe this game was better than COD4 and Mass Effect and i like those games. but they didn’t capture me like this game did... I felt what i felt the first time i played condemned ... scared, anxious, and i didn’t want to put it down... so with this game and condemned... it gives me pleasure to see.. that xbox is focusing on acquiring games that aren’t good because of there online.. but because it's a good story...and fun to play… im sick of games getting a bad Rep because they offer no online… this game offered a concept never seen … shoot just alone in harvesting or not harvesting played such a big role.. .and that damn big daddy, was so cool.. and Hell like you said that right from the start when they show you Rapture… that’s by far the coolest intro to a game I have ever seen..

Not Green
03-13-2008, 12:13 PM
it gives me pleasure to see.. that xbox is focusing on acquiring games that aren’t good because of there online.. but because it's a good story...and fun to play… im sick of games getting a bad Rep because they offer no online…

I have never disagreed with a statement more. Online makes a game for me. I mean, I will play the campaign once or twice, and after that I am just supposed to put the game away to never return? No, I want to go online with my friends and play the game in a completely different environment. I never played Bioshock, solely because there was no online. If they are smart they will put online capabilities in the game. They will definitely sell more copies IMO. :confused:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I have never disagreed with a statement more. Online makes a game for me. I mean, I will play the campaign once or twice, and after that I am just supposed to put the game away to never return? No, I want to go online with my friends and play the game in a completely different environment. I never played Bioshock, solely because there was no online. If they are smart they will put online capabilities in the game. They will definitely sell more copies IMO. :confused:

LOL i knew you where gonna comment cause on a recent post of yours, you wrote games live and die to you.. by there online...
see i enjoy the living hell out of online play... but every once and a while you wanna play a game that the storyline sucked you in... i mean this one offered a replay value by giving two diffrent endings... see you also gotta know i grew up playing mario,zelda,final fantasy, etc... i love games with awesome storylines..., Online is a good feature.. but it doesnt make the game for me..COD4 could of done better with there campaign ghraphics story... there online is not the best I have seen best online i ever seen is Halo 2 and 3 and the gamers messed it up... but Halo didnt become big on its online alone it was on its story as u know halo 1 didnt have online... i mean im not fighting you certain games i get for there online... but i feel cheapened if the story .. is horrible... and a game like Bioshock cannot be turned into online... it'll kind of kill it for me... so Damn you not Green lol online isnt everything .. ;)

CrazyCougar
03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I woudnt rip a game or avoid a game because of the lack of online play but I have to say that Bioshock just never did anything for me. Sure it was a good storyline, but I find that Lost Odyssey is just as engrossing of a story if not more. To me Bioshock did nothing innovative that they suggested. Good game, yes, but not better than COD 4 or a few others in my opinion.

Of course there are many that love this game and will swear by it and thats just fine. Just wasnt a game for me. At most I would have given this game an 8.5 which should be acceptable to most. I guarantee Bioshock 2 will include online just as Condemned 2 did. And that is to appeal to those that base purchases on the online capabilities.

Conchord
03-13-2008, 05:26 PM

I believe they call that "Attention Deficit Disorder".

FromHell440
03-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I believe they call that "Attention Deficit Disorder".

No. It's called Morrowind and Oblivion didn't really hold my interest and Bioshock did.

Even the new game Lost Odyssey was boring as all hell. Too many story scenes and not enough action. Not to mention you fight bosses back-to-back. The game really kind of sucks ass. One of the best console RPGs I have ever played was Final Fantasy 9.

That game was amazing and Morrowind could never compare.

Conchord
03-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't think you mean "hold" your interest as much as "kidnap and brutally beat" your interest. I know the feeling, I rented the game and played the ever living **** out of it. Not saying its bad, but I just felt you should know that if you devoted the time into the Elder Scrolls games, you would quickly become addicted and the months would disappear. Of course, some consider that a bd thing, but different strokes.

I was the same exact way, I played Morrowind for ten minutes, and was bored out of my mind. I didn't like the combat, the format, the graphics... but eventually, you start to get into the storyline and the environment, and the bad things about the game slowly disappear.

FromHell440
03-13-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't think you mean "hold" your interest as much as "kidnap and brutally beat" your interest. I know the feeling, I rented the game and played the ever living **** out of it. Not saying its bad, but I just felt you should know that if you devoted the time into the Elder Scrolls games, you would quickly become addicted and the months would disappear. Of course, some consider that a bd thing, but different strokes.

I was the same exact way, I played Morrowind for ten minutes, and was bored out of my mind. I didn't like the combat, the format, the graphics... but eventually, you start to get into the storyline and the environment, and the bad things about the game slowly disappear.

I tried playing the game several times and each time was bored out of my mind.

Conchord
03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, what can I say. I played it when I didn't have live and the video game ADD that comes with it, so I just sat back and devoted some time to it. It felt good to kind of slow down on a video game for once.

FromHell440
03-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I have Oblivion now so I am trying that, but the first time you enter Oblivion is so stale. Also, the graphics aren't that amazing; when you talk to people their mouths move but it looks so fake.

Conchord
03-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Yea, I hear you. Trust me, eventually you will get used to the style of gameplay and humor in the games. There are some pretty unique side quests, too. I would suggest simply exploring as much as possible and getting up to around level 10 before starting the main quest. It makes it a little more challenging, and all the items you find level up with you, so the special weapons and armor you will find will actually be worth a damn.

I just got excited thinking about it.

Trust me, it picks up as you level, so the more you play, the better it gets. I agree, starting out sucks. It can get pretty intense, though.

Variation-XBA
03-14-2008, 12:27 AM
i still havent found the time to play the first one yet

Read my review and you'll want to play :)

AzsJuggler
03-14-2008, 01:10 AM
I was gonna say something but I keep drooling:p

October '09?.....Ahhhhh!!!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I gave, marrowind a chance i played it to kingdom come...!! there was so much hype on that game.. and it won so many awards but it was so retarded... now I play world of War Craft i think i slowed down on the game when i got to level 32.. with the hunter and level 23 with the shaman... So lol i don’t have ADD to games that take a lil time to get used too.. i just think Marrowind was horrible... i like the features it held but it was horrible game play, fighting, graphics.... Loading oh my god the Loading... :yikes:

then i try to give it another chance with Oblivion... i started to like the game a lot for the first 3 days but after like the 4th oblivion gate i was like its the same thing over and over... after a while i felt like i was playing just to beat the mazes that all looked the same.. then i stoped going in oblivion gates and started to play the dungeons and be a teasure hunter... forget it what was that for that was worst just a bunch of the same things over and over..... I'm sorry i don’t have ADD!! the game just bored... me..! i don’t knock anyone for playing it but damn boorring...!! :sleeping:

I will get the next Oblivion if and only if we can play online like world of war craft... ;)

Conchord
03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, that is what I meant by "video game ADD". The whole "its only good if its online" thing. Which may not be a conscious attitude... you have just gotten used to the type of gameplay you get from playing with other people.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Well, that is what I meant by "video game ADD". The whole "its only good if its online" thing. Which may not be a conscious attitude... you have just gotten used to the type of gameplay you get from playing with other people.

not at all i just beat devil may cry, im currently about to play condemned 2, lost odyssey im getting tomorrow.., i grew up on games not having online.. i got no problem playing single player games... Oblivion and morrowind as a single player game needs more... but warcraft seems to be a step ahead of other games that come out to resemble it because of its online... but the fact is Oblivion .. wasn’t fun.It was like a chore to do the missions. i don’t have video game ADD as u claim for that game (because of the lack of online) it was just very boring playing in the same themed out dungeons and in the same themed out oblivion gates.. i liked the game play but i think the game also lacked in equipments .... world of warcraft you can design your own clothing i mean oblivion only offered a stupid few armors... make a game like warcraft without the online play I'd still play it... look at fable, fable lacked in longevity but to me that was more open ended in character play and missions than Oblivion, i got my moneys worth out of Fable... and any game that you have to fight to keep your self interested is not worth owning in my opinion.. and like i said i dont knock anyone for playing Oblivion or Marrowind... good for you if you liked it to me... it wasn’t a good game... it was a fare game... i think they'll get it right later on but to me its a very incomplete game...;)

FromHell440
03-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree with Brooklyn about Oblivion.

I was bored after entering the "first" Oblivion gate.

Conchord
03-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Fable was the same way with weapons and armor, and it was nothing but linear gameplay and pretty graphics.

To each his own, but I personally think that games like Oblivion and Morrowind take patience to appreciate their depth (Morrowind more so than Oblivion), and most gamers these days don't have that.

I'll admit, they can be boring sometimes, but still entertaining and challenging. To me, the best part of Morrowind was walking around in the plague infested areas and finding a towering ruin filled with things to find and people to kill, and making potions with different plants.

One of those games thats good for a rainy day, so to speak.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Fable was the same way with weapons and armor, and it was nothing but linear gameplay and pretty graphics.

To each his own, but I personally think that games like Oblivion and Morrowind take patience to appreciate their depth (Morrowind more so than Oblivion), and most gamers these days don't have that.

I'll admit, they can be boring sometimes, but still entertaining and challenging. To me, the best part of Morrowind was walking around in the plague infested areas and finding a towering ruin filled with things to find and people to kill, and making potions with different plants.

One of those games thats good for a rainy day, so to speak.

no i understand you.. but to me it just wasnt enough you know could be i got used to playing War Craft and now i hold every game to those standards.. i do disagree that fable was the same to me fable had a lot more to offer in the wepons and armor department... but like u said too each to own...

Not Green
03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
No. It's called Morrowind and Oblivion didn't really hold my interest and Bioshock did.

Even the new game Lost Odyssey was boring as all hell. Too many story scenes and not enough action. Not to mention you fight bosses back-to-back. The game really kind of sucks ass. One of the best console RPGs I have ever played was Final Fantasy 9.

That game was amazing and Morrowind could never compare.

You would choose the worst Final Fantasy of the series.

Brooklyn, I'm not trying to bash single player campaigns I am just saying if I have the online portion of the game to look forward to after the single player, it makes the game more enjoyable for me. You have to understand I grew up around 5 brothers and we always played video games competitively. Halo 1, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 64, Madden, etc. Online features bring this feeling back to me every time I play. That's just my preference. I love competition and I love bragging rights. So as for me, a game would have to have an AMAZING single player campaign if it doesn't have online capabilities to me. For example, Fable.

Conchord
03-14-2008, 04:00 PM
the only Final Fantasy game I have ever played was on the SNES, I don't even remember which one it was. Pretty fun. I got stuck at this one part with blocks of ice and I never could beat it.

FromHell440
03-14-2008, 06:20 PM

To me -- and many others -- it was one of the "best" of the Final Fantasy series. As far as the latter ones I'm not too much of a fan of gunswords and feminine-looking Japanese men.

Unreal
03-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I have my doubts about how they are going to do it. But I will keep an open mind because of how much I loved the first one.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-17-2008, 12:40 PM

Brooklyn, I'm not trying to bash single player campaigns I am just saying if I have the online portion of the game to look forward to after the single player, it makes the game more enjoyable for me. You have to understand I grew up around 5 brothers and we always played video games competitively. Halo 1, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 64, Madden, etc. Online features bring this feeling back to me every time I play. That's just my preference. I love competition and I love bragging rights. So as for me, a game would have to have an AMAZING single player campaign if it doesn't have online capabilities to me. For example, Fable.

No I see your point im the youngest too and with my 2 brothers still in Iraq its one hell of a way to keep our brotherly bond together i got ya dude... I just u know what it is, and its not happening but i kind of felt like the new youth and im 26 by the way and you might be 18-19 idk sorry if your older lol
i just feel like games are gonna be, instead of having the online as a add-onn. the story line aka campaign is gonna be the feature not the online... No but i totatly get ya.. with the online..
but the game in question is Oblivion wouldnt you enjoy that more if you and your brothers could play a character and share the main story ... and quests .. all im saying is that it would be a hell of a lot more kick ass then other games.. if they did that..

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-17-2008, 12:42 PM
To me -- and many others -- it was one of the "best" of the Final Fantasy series. As far as the latter ones I'm not too much of a fan of gunswords and feminine-looking Japanese men.

FF7 And FF9 are the best!!