PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Disc Drive Problems????????

JimmieDoogan
03-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Ok, I bought New Legends the other day. The game would crash on me when ever I would get to a certain point where the music would stop and freeze frame then jump back to the dash board saying the disc doesn't work. Didn't bother me too much as I took the game back and got JSRF for it and it never has any problems. Not a one. As a matter of fact, I'd had no trouble with any other game (and I've played these for hours) until I picked up Nightcaster. Some times when I would pick up a new spell or something to upgrade my spells, the game would completely freeze up my entire Xbox without any hope of returning to normal without a reboot. However, last night I tried the Nightcaster disc at the store and it played for the 40 minutes I spent there. They guy told me that many of the boxes made in Mexico came with defective disc drives. I came home and put Nightcaster back in my Xbox to see if it worked, and low and behold I was able to play from 10:00pm to 1:00am without even the slightest hiccup. What the hell is going on here. Could my drive really be defective. I think I'm gonna send it back to MeeKroShaft to get what ever may be wrong with it fixed. Has anyone else with a model from Mexico had such problems? Mind you this is not some bull shiet bash on Xbox, I LOVE THE SYSTEM. Since I got it I haven't so much as touched my PS2, and I was about to beat FFX. I'm just worried for myself. My sister and my homeboy don't have this problem as their Xbox's weren't made in Mexico. Still, I wonder if anyone else who has a Mexico Box has had any trouble.

Chr0nik
03-06-2002, 11:31 AM
Get a new box bro.

CyberBOMB
03-06-2002, 11:31 AM
Correct me if im wrong but werent all of the usa Xboxes made in Guadalajara Mexico?

Every once in a blue moon i would get a game freeze but the times between them are so far apart that by the time the second one happens i dont remember that it happened the first time.

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 12:04 PM
Man, I find it so strange that anyone has problems with freezes and so on...Mine hasn't even performed the smallest glitch.

The only thing I have seen is a dirty disc error....but, all I did was eject the game and put it back in and there was no problems after that. I guess this is a common thing with Halo while trying to play on Gamespy...so, no big deal.

Other than that, my XBox has performed perfectly.

Storm
03-06-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Other than that, my XBox has performed perfectly.

Yeah, but you're always drinking beer...so you wouldn't know the difference anyways. LOL :p

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Storm

Yeah, but you're always drinking beer...so you wouldn't know the difference anyways. LOL :p

You know, you actually do make a great point there.... :D

thunderkiss2k1
03-06-2002, 12:09 PM
I've had no problems with my xbox's disk drive at all. Or for that matter, problems with any part of it.

Azazel
03-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Ive been through about 15 different games (some rental and some owned) and the only problem Ive ever come across was my first copy of Madden 2002. It would say that disc was damaged or dirty. I took it back and have never had a problem since. Perhaps some of you just have bad luck, cause from what Ive heard its just a few people who have problems. 1 to 2% I believe.

I had the PS2 the day it came out. Throughout the 3 months I had it the system would sometimes make weird noises or freeze on occasion.

No system is perfect!

robnyack
03-06-2002, 12:30 PM
I had to return my first xbox unit. played great for 2 weeks, and then one game froze up, and then next thing you know, everything was freezing up.

The good news, I took it back to EB and walked out with a brand new xbox......which has worked flawlessly :D

Storm
03-06-2002, 12:33 PM
My friend's XBOX takes 2 or 3 tries before it will read his disc...and this is for ANY game...so its definitely his system. Anyways Microsoft told him to send it in and they would send a different one RIGHT BACK, and that may take a week or two. He wants to send it in but QUOTE "Its gonna be awhile before I can go two weeks without it." LOL He's crazy.

GokuX
03-06-2002, 01:52 PM
They guy told me that many of the boxes made in Mexico came with defective disc drives.

If this was a store clerk or EB worker then I wouldn't lend any credibility to their words on defective units or associations with defects. I would only believe that if it was straight from MS technical support themselves. I have a MexBox and only had a lockup the first week I had it when I played DOA 3. I've only had one DD error too. Who knows, if it's interrupting your gameplay then you might go ahead and just send it in. U can't have it locking up all the time after U get far in a game. Godspeed to your Xbox when U ship it.

xboxer2002
03-06-2002, 06:07 PM
In my opinion, Buggy software is the first place you point your finger.I 'm going on my 4th xbox and every one I had froze up or I got a disk error.I have the same problem with the one I have now but it's rare.I'm keeping it anyways as I think the software is glitchy.My copy of madden never ever has a problem.Halo has a problem in my xbox but not to bad.Buggy software I tell ya

Kilik
03-06-2002, 09:47 PM
I've never had a problem with my xbox. Hell I even bought a used Max payne game that had scratches all over it and still had
no problems.

Highlite23
03-06-2002, 09:55 PM
I have to chime in ....Since launch day , 0, nada, not a glich, freeeze, or hic-up.

The system has performed flawlesly

Xboxfan123
03-06-2002, 09:56 PM
My Xbox was manufactured in Mexico. I've played it alot and rented many movies and no problems. The harddrive purrs like a Jaguar. According to MS problems are not plant specific.;)