PDA

View Full Version : My xbox

Slowride
03-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Got the red rings of death ****!!!!!!!!!

CrazyCougar
03-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Welcome to our club that no one should be a part of. :mad:

UNV Superkid
03-16-2008, 09:12 AM
sorry dude, But I know the feeling, I am on my 3rd 360 since june, less than a year!!

Unreal
03-16-2008, 10:35 AM
It sucks and I hope you get your replacement asap.

Rhiannon
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
sorry to hear it..it's a dreadful feeling isn't it?

Ry
03-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear SlowRide :(

Not Orange
03-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Ah that sucks. Took them two times to get mine right. Oh well, guess that's where the wii comes in handy.:confused:

Slowride
03-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I now know yalls pain :cry:

FromHell440
03-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully they will get it back to you in a timely fashion.

If my 360 were to die I would be going through withdrawal. :crying:

Slowride
03-16-2008, 07:22 PM
My warranty expired december 26th, 2007. ****.

It's gonna cost 100 bucks. Man this is bull****. They know they have a bad product they should stand behind it and not make you spend an extra 100.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Man am i sorry for you.. I wish you the best of luck with your Repair i just got mine back after two months... i hope nothing like what happened to me happened to you... how many red lights did you get...? if you dont mind me asking... ..

Slowride
03-17-2008, 11:32 AM
four.

Ry
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
four.Plug in your A/V cables :rofl:

teehee

CrazyCougar
03-17-2008, 01:43 PM
four.

Honestly if I was you I would have just told them 3. Answer the question that your power brick shows a green light, and then have the box sent. MS's harware failures after 1 year should not be your issue.

Conchord
03-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Ether + malfunctioning Xbox 360 + lit match = Problem solved.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Honestly if I was you I would have just told them 3. Answer the question that your power brick shows a green light, and then have the box sent. MS's harware failures after 1 year should not be your issue.

doesnt matter... they do research aside from the info on the request number they do research on the system... the guy on the phone said to me it doesnt matter what i put here.. if they find that the 4 or 3 rings was caused by you it'll cost you...

Slowride
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Well it wasn't caused by me. It was caused by their p.o.s. product. Good news though is my warranty will renew....YYYAAAAA.....CUZ IT HELPED ME SO MUCH THIS TIME AROUND. God forbid I just expect the damn thing to work. ****ers.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Well it wasn't caused by me. It was caused by their p.o.s. product. Good news though is my warranty will renew....YYYAAAAA.....CUZ IT HELPED ME SO MUCH THIS TIME AROUND. God forbid I just expect the damn thing to work. ****ers.

Good man im glad ... and trust me best gaming sysem bad craftsmenship...
p.o.s. sometimes.. but still wouldnt trade it for the world... lol imagine owning a ps3 no online and it ****s up...

Slowride
03-20-2008, 11:00 PM
360 is the best console out, but that doesn't mean they get to turn into the EA of console developers

CrazyCougar
03-20-2008, 11:54 PM
doesnt matter... they do research aside from the info on the request number they do research on the system... the guy on the phone said to me it doesnt matter what i put here.. if they find that the 4 or 3 rings was caused by you it'll cost you...

Well in my 5 returns, they havent once tried to tell me it was my fault. 2 consoles went back with 4 red lights and 3 of them went back with 3 red lights. But I was sure to tell them each and everytime that I had 3 red lights and a green power source, which at some point I did with every console I sent back. They always went back unquestioned. It shouldnt be my responsibility to cover repair costs for faulty hardware no matter the age of the console if within reason and under 2 years is within reason to me for anyone. Those schmoes on the support call have no idea what the 3 red lights of death even look like. They determine if your console is under warranty by your responses to their questions. The book tells them what to tell you. Half of these guys dont even know what a 360 console looks like.

!st Returned - 4 Red Lights - First console, Console still working in my house after return
2nd Returned - 3 Red Lights - Console came back, sold it to my sis...still working at her house
3rd returned - 3 red lights - Console was still working when I traded in for my elite
4th returned - 4 red lights - Daughters console - Came back and still working
5th returned - 3 red lights - Son's console - Out for service currently

I never had a problem with the return consoles failing on me. So thats a good thing at least.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Well in my 5 returns, they havent once tried to tell me it was my fault. 2 consoles went back with 4 red lights and 3 of them went back with 3 red lights. But I was sure to tell them each and everytime that I had 3 red lights and a green power source, which at some point I did with every console I sent back. They always went back unquestioned. It shouldnt be my responsibility to cover repair costs for faulty hardware no matter the age of the console if within reason and under 2 years is within reason to me for anyone. Those schmoes on the support call have no idea what the 3 red lights of death even look like. They determine if your console is under warranty by your responses to their questions. The book tells them what to tell you. Half of these guys dont even know what a 360 console looks like.

!st Returned - 4 Red Lights - First console, Console still working in my house after return
2nd Returned - 3 Red Lights - Console came back, sold it to my sis...still working at her house
3rd returned - 3 red lights - Console was still working when I traded in for my elite
4th returned - 4 red lights - Daughters console - Came back and still working
5th returned - 3 red lights - Son's console - Out for service currently

I never had a problem with the return consoles failing on me. So thats a good thing at least.

I agree they dont even know what company xbox is under.. i think i forget more than they know ....

Shadow20002
03-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Seems like new technology isn't last longer than the old one...hmmm..

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Seems like new technology isn't last longer than the old one...hmmm..

definatly... i still have my first one and it still works ... and i bought it when it first came out..

Ry
03-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Wait, isnt 4 red lights, just you're a/v cables unplugged? Becuase If I unplug mine, it does that.

FromHell440
03-29-2008, 11:11 AM
This is the worst reiteration of the console war ever. There are now reports of the PS3 having failures, albeit not as high as the 360. The only console that seems to be fairing well is the Wii.

Slowride
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Wait, isnt 4 red lights, just you're a/v cables unplugged? Becuase If I unplug mine, it does that.

That's one way of it happening I guess. I had 4 red lights....and then every time I would start up my 360 it would just freeze. Usually during initial boot where the 360 comes on the screen. The AV cables were plugged in. I'm not retarded. At least I don't think I am. The guy on the phone told me that this would keep happening, and that I would need to have it repaired. He also fed me some bull**** line about how these problems are caused by leaving your console on for to long or having poor ventilation around the console. Ya whatever *******.....

Anyways, the good news is i'm receiving it back today according to UPS. So I'll leave work a bit early to make it to my apt office (which closes at 5:30 weekdays now (total bullcrap)). Look for me to be on CoD4! Are the new maps out yet?

laughs
03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
The name of this thread is HOT!

Slowride
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
ha.....just made me start cracking up at work. Nice.....