PDA

View Full Version : Preordering a game

mhawk134
03-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Ok I want an unreal tournament 3 faceplate like really bad, but I dont want the game, if I just preorder the game, from gamestop.com will i get the plate? Also what if i pre order it, and then I go pick it up, and then return the game and get my money back, will they ask for the plate?

Hawk

SpaceGhost2K
03-17-2008, 01:36 AM
You might be able to sweet talk an employee into a plate, but unclaimed plates (and sometimes CLAIMED ones) usualy go home with the employees.

If you buy the game, get the plate, and return the game, you'll get the evil eye but they won't ask for the game back. What would be better for you to do is buy the game, and sell it on eBay, rather than dock the store for doing the offer. The last thing you want is for them to say screw it, and stop doing it.

UNV Superkid
03-17-2008, 07:20 AM
You might be able to sweet talk an employee into a plate, but unclaimed plates (and sometimes CLAIMED ones) usualy go home with the employees.

If you buy the game, get the plate, and return the game, you'll get the evil eye but they won't ask for the game back (Face plate). What would be better for you to do is buy the game, and sell it on eBay, rather than dock the store for doing the offer. The last thing you want is for them to say screw it, and stop doing it.

sorry space, just don't want to confuse anyone so i added that little edit up there.

JakofallAces
03-17-2008, 07:43 AM
hawk fyi if you dont preorder a game that will have a faceplate then the chances of you getting the late are slim to none just like with any other bonus items that come with games, also if you preorder a game that comes with a bonus faceplate the chances of you getting that plate when you preorder it are slim to none you usually always get the bonus item when you go to pick up the game so its really hard to ripoff the game store

goldeneyez9
03-17-2008, 09:26 AM
If you preorder online... especially when they are running a free shipping promotion... you don't need to worry about not getting the preorder because an employee took it. You also then could return it to a store. However, Unreal Tournament III is such a good game. Why do you want to return it?

moltenluv
03-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah for games that come with pre-order bonuses I ALWAYS pre-order online. There have been too many times when either the store didn't get enough or any of the bonus items in. Also I know that a lot of times employees get first dibs on such items (I worked at an EB) instead of giving them to the customers. That sounds really evil and horrible but its true. That is how I got my Outfit faceplate ;) But just because your pre-order it online doesn't necessarily mean you get the bonus item either. There have been a few that I didn't get it because "we only receive a limited number of these items and they are issued on a first come first serve basis" as I was so nicely told by customer service. So about 90% of the time you get the item if you pre-order online but I would say only about 40% (maybe even less) you get the item if you do it instore. A few times I pre-ordered a game I didn't want online just for the bonus item and then took it to the store and sweet talked the clerk into letting me exchange it for something else. I guess it helps that I am a girl and I have boobs :whistle:

JakofallAces
03-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah for games that come with pre-order bonuses I ALWAYS pre-order online. There have been too many times when either the store didn't get enough or any of the bonus items in. Also I know that a lot of times employees get first dibs on such items (I worked at an EB) instead of giving them to the customers. That sounds really evil and horrible but its true. That is how I got my Outfit faceplate ;) But just because your pre-order it online doesn't necessarily mean you get the bonus item either. There have been a few that I didn't get it because "we only receive a limited number of these items and they are issued on a first come first serve basis" as I was so nicely told by customer service. So about 90% of the time you get the item if you pre-order online but I would say only about 40% (maybe even less) you get the item if you do it instore. A few times I pre-ordered a game I didn't want online just for the bonus item and then took it to the store and sweet talked the clerk into letting me exchange it for something else. I guess it helps that I am a girl and I have boobs :whistle:
LUCKY

SpaceGhost2K
03-17-2008, 07:07 PM

TTIUWOP.

(This thread is useless without pics.)

JakofallAces
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
TTIUWOP.

(This thread is useless without pics.)

AMEN TO DAT:whistle:

SpaceGhost2K
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM
AMEN TO DAT:whistle:

You can't see boob pics. You're underage. She'd be breaking the law.

Now I, on the other hand.... I... have a PM box. :D

Ry
03-17-2008, 10:03 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: + rep for that one!

EDIT: Nvm, I cant :( +Rep anyway

JakofallAces
03-17-2008, 10:25 PM

User CP>EDIT PROFILE> DATE OF BIRTH> March 3 1989:whistle: commence with what u were saying u have no legal document saying i am underage:argue1:

gameking28
03-18-2008, 02:16 AM

Second! :p

As for the actual topic - I'm close with the employees of my local gamestop. I usually get pre-order bonuses without having to pre-order the games they go to. They know I collect faceplates specificly so I'm hooked up in that department. :cheers:

KatamariKutie
03-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Second! :p

As for the actual topic - I'm close with the employees of my local gamestop. I usually get pre-order bonuses without having to pre-order the games they go to. They know I collect faceplates specificly so I'm hooked up in that department. :cheers:

I tried to get myself an inside man with my local gamestop - finally found one worth hitting on and it turned out to be his last day. lol there went my chances of extra discounts. :bang:

gameking28
03-18-2008, 03:03 AM
I tried to get myself an inside man with my local gamestop - finally found one worth hitting on and it turned out to be his last day. lol there went my chances of extra discounts. :bang:

lol That's a bummer. But you've got an inside man within the customizing community - one of the best in fact. I think you're in a better position than all of us! :)

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 09:58 AM
lol That's a bummer. But you've got an inside man within the customizing community - one of the best in fact. I think you're in a better position than all of us! :)

ya lucky....gameking u know too hehehhehehe:p

KatamariKutie
03-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Yup! But do I have a customized face plate? Nooo..........

Anyhow, I the only game I have ever preordered was the Simpsons game at gamestop and I didnt have any problems, but i don't think it is a very high-in-demand game. I like the little fat homer doll thingy though.

SpaceGhost2K
03-18-2008, 09:31 PM

(It was the same guy. :) )

You DO have a customized controller though, and I threw in a cheesecake. NOBODY else got cheesecake. :)

UNV Superkid
03-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
I tried to get myself an inside man with my local gamestop - finally found one worth hitting on and it turned out to be his last day. lol there went my chances of extra discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
lol That's a bummer. But you've got an inside man within the customizing community - one of the best in fact. I think you're in a better position than all of us!
(It was the same guy. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
You DO have a customized controller though, and I threw in a cheesecake. NOBODY else got cheesecake.

no that is funny

KatamariKutie
03-18-2008, 09:36 PM

You DO have a customized controller though, and I threw in a cheesecake. NOBODY else got cheesecake. :)

Yes, it was the same guy. I only wanted the game store discount though. I didn't even know what a faceplate was until I met him. LOL

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 09:41 PM

hey i asked for cookies and you said no meanie I WANT COOKIES MAKE HIM DO IT KATAMARI

gameking28
03-18-2008, 09:42 PM
lol Well now you do and you're a part of our crazy little community here.
Bet you wish you could turn back time and never walk into gamestop that day huh? :rofl:
Just kidding of course. And Spacey, you know the cake is a lie. :D

KatamariKutie
03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
hey i asked for cookies and you said no meanie I WANT COOKIES MAKE HIM DO IT KATAMARI

I don't have to make him do anything.

KatamariKutie
03-18-2008, 09:47 PM
lol Well now you do and you're a part of our crazy little community here.
Bet you wish you could turn back time and never walk into gamestop that day huh? :rofl:
Just kidding of course. And Spacey, you know the cake is a lie. :D

Hahaha. Actually - I had a chance not to go back in lol I kept going to see him and eventually worked up the nerve to say something (by phone) haha.

And .. OMG if you could have had some of that cheesecake - you'd be smitten with him too. Seriously... the best... ever.....

gameking28
03-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey, I never said I wasn't smitten with him. I totally have a man crush on Spacey! He is one sexy and talented dude.
My girlfriend is reading this over my shoulder threatening to take my faceplates away now for fear of being usurped. :rofl:

KatamariKutie
03-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey, I never said I wasn't smitten with him. I totally have a man crush on Spacey! He is one sexy and talented dude.
My girlfriend is reading this over my shoulder threatening to take my faceplates away now for fear of being usurped. :rofl:

Hey every guy has a little bromance here and there. lol

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM

ditto wit spacey i bet