PDA

View Full Version : Moltenluv, is Ebay still boring ?

gh0st_r1der
03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
I've decided to shake up the field a bit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330220717030

Don't tell me you don't care about this one !

And the starting bid is just 99 cents !

gameking28
03-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Ooo I'll be watching this one. :p

Nato King
03-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Ooo I'll be watching this one. :p

I will be taking out a loan for this. hahahaha and maybe start putting my nephew to work.

UNV Superkid
03-18-2008, 07:51 AM
this thread hurts my feelings, cause i am some kinda broke right now, but really want that face plate...

So Ghost..no ebay is not boring it is just plain EVIL when your broke!!!:(:(:(

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 09:57 AM
this thread hurts my feelings, cause i am some kinda broke right now, but really want that face plate...

So Ghost..no ebay is not boring it is just plain EVIL when your broke!!!:(:(:(

thats not what she means its about how Mltenluv ha been bored with colecting since she has all the rare ones except those ones never on ebay her collectiobn is huge adn is getting bored so Ghost (did any1 else get an xbox message from her) decided to sell her extremely rare only 1 i have ever seen xmen faceplate on ebay to make moltenluv happy so she did, YAY i will be interestd but this is already out of my price rang also who is top bidder because if its someone from here i dont wanna bid.....YET

ALSO WAHOO 600 posts:eek:

SpaceGhost2K
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
The bad thing is, nobody's going to buy anything I list in the next week, because they'll all be saving for this one. I bid crazy and was outbid, so I guess I'm out on this one. Sadly. I have to buy more base plate, stickers, and Swarovski's anyway. Probably a good thing.

UNV Superkid
03-18-2008, 09:32 PM
The bad thing is, nobody's going to buy anything I list in the next week, because they'll all be saving for this one. I bid crazy and was outbid, so I guess I'm out on this one. Sadly. I have to buy more base plate, stickers, and Swarovski's anyway. Probably a good thing.

i might be able to help you out with the base plates, i just hooked up with a guy who sent me 10 of those ugly tropicana ones, I was trying my hand a few custom designs, i have not painted since HS.

But he sold them to me really cheap, send me a pm if you want me to see if i can get you some cheap!

gameking28
03-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't want to say that I'm out of this one (bad things happened last time I did that), but I really don't want to be spending that kind of money on this particular plate - especially when I know excaliburdc7 is just as willing as I am to go balls out on it - the proof is here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180205258685). :rofl:

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't want to say that I'm out of this one (bad things happened last time I did that), but I really don't want to be spending that kind of money on this particular plate - especially when I know excaliburdc7 is just as willing as I am to go balls out on it - the proof is here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180205258685). :rofl:

rich son of a ***** dumbass wtf (why the funk) would he do that geez he has no idea what hes doing i feel bad for him 60 tops for that plate also u have a aim gameking pm me it please

gameking28
03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
PM is away, but I'm leaving for a hockey game so I won't be on AIM or this site for a couple hours. :p

JakofallAces
03-18-2008, 10:14 PM
PM is away, but I'm leaving for a hockey game so I won't be on AIM or this site for a couple hours. :p

YOU WONT WIN, fyi if you do i'll buy u a beer:hardcore:

gameking28
03-19-2008, 01:33 AM
You owe me a beer. So in 5 years I'll hit you up for it. :cheers:
Score was 6-3 and my team only had 5 guys. :hardcore:

JakofallAces
03-19-2008, 08:36 AM
You owe me a beer. So in 5 years I'll hit you up for it. :cheers:
Score was 6-3 and my team only had 5 guys. :hardcore:

dang you caught on to the age difference ahaha god job winning i will send u a beer this weekend:whistle:

Frazmand
03-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I made a post about this on 360style.co.uk (http://www.360style.co.uk) to help you out Ghost.

LzzrdBoy
03-19-2008, 01:12 PM
WOW OP! I really don't get the whole faceplate collecting dealy but... for $200+...WTH!!! Nice!

JakofallAces
03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
WOW OP! I really don't get the whole faceplate collecting dealy but... for $200+...WTH!!! Nice!

this is the only xmen faceplate i have ever seen or heard of so ya its really rare only coming from germany i think at some launch event or release of the movie maybe. Anyways it should go fer welll over 200 dollars about 400 i think

LzzrdBoy
03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
this is the only xmen faceplate i have ever seen or heard of so ya its really rare only coming from germany i think at some launch event or release of the movie maybe. Anyways it should go fer welll over 200 dollars about 400 i think

Wow...that's just sweet!

moltenluv
03-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow I disappear again for a few days and all kinds of stuff pops up on eBay. You have no idea how bad I want this faceplate but alas I already know I can't afford it. Well actually I could but I am trying to save my money right now. It is gonna be really hard not to bid on this one. I just got my tax refund plus just got paid so I dunno..........crap.............well I have a few days to decided if I wanna be broke with an X-men faceplate or have money but no faceplate.

Nato King
03-20-2008, 05:27 PM
broke with an X-men faceplate .

Broke with an x-men faceplate sounds alot better.

SpaceGhost2K
03-21-2008, 02:25 AM
Wow I disappear again for a few days and all kinds of stuff pops up on eBay. You have no idea how bad I want this faceplate but alas I already know I can't afford it. Well actually I could but I am trying to save my money right now. It is gonna be really hard not to bid on this one. I just got my tax refund plus just got paid so I dunno..........crap.............well I have a few days to decided if I wanna be broke with an X-men faceplate or have money but no faceplate.

Forget the faceplate! Come visit me! KatamariKutie will give you a full professional massage, and I'll make you a cheesecake. C'mon, would Wolverine do that for YOU? Hells, no.

KatamariKutie
03-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Forget the faceplate! Come visit me! KatamariKutie will give you a full professional massage, and I'll make you a cheesecake. C'mon, would Wolverine do that for YOU? Hells, no.

Wolverine wouldn't *HAVE* to because he's @#$%ing Wolverine. Silly boy.

JakofallAces
03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Wolverine wouldn't *HAVE* to because he's @#$%ing Wolverine. Silly boy.

YOU JUST GOT SERVED:p:rofl::sleeping::cuss:

moltenluv
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
This is such a hard decision. I have actually been considering not collecting anymore and selling my collection. Hmmmm, now I have an itchy bidding finger :watchout: What to do, what to do........

Nato King
03-21-2008, 03:33 PM
This is such a hard decision. I have actually been considering not collecting anymore and selling my collection. Hmmmm, now I have an itchy bidding finger :watchout: What to do, what to do........

let me help you bid on the faceplate so I can use your collection as my wish list. hahaha

UNV Superkid
03-21-2008, 07:53 PM

if you do decide to start selling off your collection, deep down i hope you don't because it seems to be an awesome collection.. but if you do, please remember me, the newcomer, the beginner, the desperate one...

JakofallAces
03-22-2008, 08:42 AM
if you do decide to start selling off your collection, deep down i hope you don't because it seems to be an awesome collection.. but if you do, please remember me, the newcomer, the beginner, the desperate one...

ya and me the long time friend and pal who always was friendly and wants all or ur stuff mainly ur MS experience so if you wanna sell i can give u profit

moltenluv
03-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I dunno. I put a lot of effort into getting those faceplates. I am just in a funk. It will pass I think. I got my 2 customs from Spacey yesterday and I feel rejuvinated! The Lego Star Wars one is just so cute with the little figures on it. Besides I just won a R6V2 faceplate :whistle:

goldeneyez9
03-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Keep with it. If you sell now you'll regret it. Look at it this way, you already have a great collection. It costs you nothing to just keep what you have until you're ready to start collecting again or are 100% sure you want out. If you sell though and later decided to start again it will take more time and more money.

Keep in mind that once you start selling you've gotta go all the way or none at all. I'll bug you like there's no tomorrow to sell one of your really rare ones and then decide to keep collecting.

Just a suggestion from a new collector. Stick with it!

UNV Superkid
03-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Keep with it. If you sell now you'll regret it. Look at it this way, you already have a great collection. It costs you nothing to just keep what you have until you're ready to start collecting again or are 100% sure you want out. If you sell though and later decided to start again it will take more time and more money.

Keep in mind that once you start selling you've gotta go all the way or none at all. I'll bug you like there's no tomorrow to sell one of your really rare ones and then decide to keep collecting.

i think that this is sound advice..Nice 1!

JakofallAces
03-22-2008, 05:45 PM

thats the thing your a new collector and Rea Rea has already sent tons of her money and time collecting and she needs to think about what will happen when she sells if she does you havent payed for 30+ plates so its hard to know what to do because she may need money or is just bored and if she is its her disicion and if she does i believe she is still a great part of the site for her expertise and kindness:whistle:

moltenluv
03-22-2008, 09:31 PM
yeah see thats the thing there are some faceplates that I really really like and probably wouldn't sell. if I would sell I would need to get rid of it all because if I didn't I would probably have sellers remorse and then try to get them all back. its kind of an all or nothing type thing and I am not ready to sell everything so I guess I keep it all :confused:

JakofallAces
03-22-2008, 10:05 PM
yeah see thats the thing there are some faceplates that I really really like and probably wouldn't sell. if I would sell I would need to get rid of it all because if I didn't I would probably have sellers remorse and then try to get them all back. its kind of an all or nothing type thing and I am not ready to sell everything so I guess I keep it all :confused:

yay i am glad its too hard to collect with out you baby i know i dont wanna collect with out you :)

gh0st_r1der
03-25-2008, 01:09 AM
OMG !!!!!!
Moltenluv went for the kill !!!
OMG !!!!!!
OMG !!!!!!

tinytoonsbuster
03-25-2008, 01:10 AM
excalibur for $610. Let me be the first to congratulate him!!! his collection beats most of ours now and he's only been collecting like a month!!!

moltenluv
03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I had a sick feeling $600 wouldn't be enough. I almost did $800 but that is nearly 2 weeks of pay for me. I just couldn't bring myself to go that high but now I wonder if even that would have won. I will be crying in my soup today at work over this :cry: I am sad now

gameking28
03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I'll have the doctors prep the OR for that kidney you'll be selling. Welcome to the club! :rofl:

goldeneyez9
03-25-2008, 05:35 AM
moltenluv --- 800 would not have been enough. It would have been close though.

Space Ghost --- Good call on the 600 estimate way back when it first was posted. You could not have been much more accurate. Bulls eye!

gameking28 --- Can you live without both Kidneys? I believe I sold them both in the past month. Pretty soon it'll be appendages. Unless 1 of the ones I really want pops up I'm going to slow down for a while... (and I mean it this time) to recuperate.

JakofallAces
03-25-2008, 07:11 AM
damn dude ghost is now a happy girl i saw 200 till last three hours damn you snipers DAMN YOU ALL (except moltenluv cause she eats people)

moltenluv
03-25-2008, 09:22 AM
moltenluv --- 800 would not have been enough. It would have been close though.

Space Ghost --- Good call on the 600 estimate way back when it first was posted. You could not have been much more accurate. Bulls eye!

gameking28 --- Can you live without both Kidneys? I believe I sold them both in the past month. Pretty soon it'll be appendages. Unless 1 of the ones I really want pops up I'm going to slow down for a while... (and I mean it this time) to recuperate.

:yikes: Wha??? Even $800 wouldn't have done it? You are a maniac! Hahaha I bet ghost is wishing I had bid that high. Lordy, Lordy. Yes I think slowing down and recuperating would be a good idea. Quick ghost list something else so I can take it down :cool: Hahaha so what do you do for a living that you have all this expendable cash in your hands (actually I guess now it is in ghost's hands) and more importantly are you single ;)

goldeneyez9
03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Well I'm a dispatcher with a computer degree... go figure that, but I have few expenses so that is more the case than making a lot.

SpaceGhost2K
03-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Impressive. Most impressive.

moltenluv
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Just the other day I was telling somebody about this faceplate/auction. I told them I bid $600 but I had considered going $800 on it and they looked at me as if I was a crazy person. I was the asked why would you spend that much money on a peice of plastic. The only people that understand my passion for faceplate collecting are you people on this forum. I have no support in real life. Nobody sees the beauty in my faceplate collection. They are all HATERS :cuss: I think I need new friends :crying:

Nato King
03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Just the other day I was telling somebody about this faceplate/auction. I told them I bid $600 but I had considered going $800 on it and they looked at me as if I was a crazy person. I was the asked why would you spend that much money on a peice of plastic. The only people that understand my passion for faceplate collecting are you people on this forum. I have no support in real life. Nobody sees the beauty in my faceplate collection. They are all HATERS :cuss: I think I need new friends :crying:

I 100% agree with you. I get it all the time from friends family and even my girlfriend. why I would spend so much on faceplates. that's why I love coming here because the people here can really understand. man I love this site. now I know why I am a staff member. hahaha

JakofallAces
03-30-2008, 04:16 PM
ya my mom thinks i am crazy and same with my sister and friends excluding chronik120 they all think that i am wasting money yet when i come here everyones like thats a great deal when my mom thinks i just over paid for a crap piece of plastic

SpaceGhost2K
03-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Tell that to the guys with the thousand dollar PEZ dispensers.

JakofallAces
03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Tell that to the guys with the thousand dollar PEZ dispensers.

ya well at least they can eat and get some form of nourishment from their collectibles all we get is visual enjoyment AND ISNT IT GREAT:hardcore:

Ken Tree Y
03-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Lol i dont know how people can pay 500$ for a Pez THING
http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympic-Snowman-PEZ-Dispenser-No-Foot_W0QQitemZ160222348888QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4099QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i think its funny.

JakofallAces
03-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Lol i dont know how people can pay 500$ for a Pez THING
http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympic-Snowman-PEZ-Dispenser-No-Foot_W0QQitemZ160222348888QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4099QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i think its funny.

hey i am highest bidder stop laughing at me, nah that really is crazy i mean why would someone do that especially since that one is ugly

gameking28
04-01-2008, 02:27 AM
They probably see the faceplates we all buy on eBay and say the same thing. :p

Nato King
04-01-2008, 05:08 AM
They probably see the faceplates we all buy on eBay and say the same thing. :p

yeah your right. So I am going to stop throwing rocks in a glass house.

JakofallAces
04-01-2008, 05:35 AM
yeah your right. So I am going to stop throwing rocks in a glass house.

i think its i will stop throwing rocks at a glass house but i am not sure also no okay the kasumi plate is hot and no pez collection has one of those pez's in it so faceplates win by alot

oO°WsU°Oo
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
lol. i got the x-men faceplate for 25 euro (40 dollar) from ebay germany. no joke. this guy hasnt a plan about faceoplate. hahahah

SpaceGhost2K
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
lol. i got the x-men faceplate for 25 euro (40 dollar) from ebay germany. no joke. this guy hasnt a plan about faceoplate. hahahah

I've never even seen another one. Yeah, that guy blew it, lol.

Nato King
04-01-2008, 12:26 PM

good find. I need to start checking out other ebay websites so I can find rare faceplates for cheap.

JakofallAces
04-01-2008, 05:33 PM

good fer you next time dont shuv it in our faces geezz

UNV Superkid
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
good fer you next time dont shuv it in our faces geezz

i agree with you Jak that was kinda like a in your face kinda post

JakofallAces
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
i agree with you Jak that was kinda like a in your face kinda post

wait......... WE AGREED ON SOMETHING WTF okay our rivalry is over i LIKE YOU NOW also WSU o020290920 us suck next time tell it to your faceplates because we dont wanna hear it ya its a cool plate but hell i am sorry that we dont scour ebay on every country for a plate WE HAVE LIVES:yikes:

moltenluv
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Uhhhmmmm I do that. But then again I don't have a life so it is all relative. :cheers:

Ken Tree Y
04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
grrrr i had to retract my bids on 3 of my items:( I dont have enough money! 2 of them were GhostRiders:(

UNV Superkid
04-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Uhhhmmmm I do that. But then again I don't have a life so it is all relative. :cheers:

I disagree with you I think you do have a life and you bring joy to all of our lives here at the Faceplate forums!!:cool:

and that other dude just sucks:mad:

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I disagree with you I think you do have a life and you bring joy to all of our lives here at the Faceplate forums!!:cool:

UNV SUPER KID WE'RE UNITEDLY VIOLENT agianst WSUo90ii90 what ever he is a jerk and now we r friends YAY

moltenluv
04-02-2008, 04:32 PM

Awww that was the best thing anybody has ever said on this forum so far! Yeah he was kinda rubbing it in about the faceplate which wasn't nice. There have been quite a few faceplates that I have gotten good deals on and you don't see me coming on here telling everybody. Even when I am super excited about it I will still only say that I have the faceplate and never anything regarding money. I don't want to make people feel like crap especially if they paid more than I did for the same thing. Thats not cool. I mean I have no problem telling somebody how much I paid for a faceplate (I keep a log so that way if I ever sell I know how much it needs to go for so I don't lose money) but I only ever tell if asked. I know I have overpaid on some of the ones I have but at the same time I have gotten some really good deals as well so the way I figure it is a wash and all evens out in the end.

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Awww that was the best thing anybody has ever said on this forum so far! Yeah he was kinda rubbing it in about the faceplate which wasn't nice. There have been quite a few faceplates that I have gotten good deals on and you don't see me coming on here telling everybody. Even when I am super excited about it I will still only say that I have the faceplate and never anything regarding money. I don't want to make people feel like crap especially if they paid more than I did for the same thing. Thats not cool. I mean I have no problem telling somebody how much I paid for a faceplate (I keep a log so that way if I ever sell I know how much it needs to go for so I don't lose money) but I only ever tell if asked. I know I have overpaid on some of the ones I have but at the same time I have gotten some really good deals as well so the way I figure it is a wash and all evens out in the end.

yup ur right thats a smart idea i will start too but to keep me in the money and to make me feel better about myself every plate i have got i paid $47.83 for i a bargainer but hell i have spent way too much already

UNV Superkid
04-02-2008, 07:43 PM
i think we all have overpaid for something that we wanted faceplate or whatever it was...if you want something you are going to get it no matter what and thats what it's all about...

That's what makes collection something so great, when you find the deals and when you overpay just to make sure you are the one that gets it...

there is nothing more satisfying as a hobby then collecting!!:cheers: