PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI possibly on Xbox!!!!

Dre
03-06-2002, 01:57 PM
I just found this article about a minute after posting in another thread that I thought this would be impossible. All I can say is that if this comes true... I will be the happiest gamer in the world.

http://gcrevolution2.tripod.com/rumors/jan02/squaresoft.html

BTW, this might be old news for you guys.. but its new to me! ;)

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Well, you are correct, it is kind of old news...but, it's always something good to talk about anyway.

Personally, I have never played any of the Final Fantasy games...I know I know I know....I need to get with it. But, I guess I have never really been a hardcore RPG fan, but, I must admit, Final Fantasy seems to be really cool.

I think FF will be blown away with Project Ego, in my personal opinion. But, I still think it's great if FF comes to the XBox...there will definately be a lot of happy XBox owners out there! :)

JJaX
03-06-2002, 02:10 PM
Project ego and FF are to different things.

I think Project ego is more of a RPG/Adventure game than a traditional RPG.

But being FFXI is a MMORPG it will be interseting how they pull this off and still maintain the whole FF feeling.

(does anyone even know what im rambling about?)

but there both gonna be sweet!

GokuX
03-06-2002, 02:17 PM
I have a reserved anticipation for EGO. When game makers or previewers use the word "ambitious" to describe the game I immediately go to yellow alert in my anticipation for that game.

Dre
03-06-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Project ego and FF are to different things.

I think Project ego is more of a RPG/Adventure game than a traditional RPG.

But being FFXI is a MMORPG it will be interseting how they pull this off and still maintain the whole FF feeling.

(does anyone even know what im rambling about?)

but there both gonna be sweet!

I had no idea that FFXI was MMORPG.., that would take away alot of the fun.. I really don't want to start paying monthly fees for addictive games. I've seen 1 or 2 peeps go down from Evercrack addictions... FFXI could be just as dangerous.

Also, I don't know if I'd even enjoy that... the whole thing about FF is the story.. I wonder how they'd incorporate that into a MMORPG.

JJaX
03-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
I have a reserved anticipation for EGO. When game makers or previewers use the word "ambitious" to describe the game I immediately go to yellow alert in my anticipation for that game.

I totaly agree. The more "ambitious" a game is the more your gonna be let down when it arrives.

Snoopy7548
03-06-2002, 03:26 PM
i dont really like rpgs, i think they suck, theyre so boring and everything, like u just push like 2 buttons and your guy does all the work, id rather play an adventure game with some challenge

Razor70
03-06-2002, 05:19 PM
I used to play all the FF games up until FF VII. I used to love them when they were set back in the medival times with the white wizards and black wizards...then they went to the Sci-fi type stuff and I got bored with it. I will play XI if they take it back to the old days, but not if it's Sci-fi!

Snoopy7548
03-06-2002, 06:09 PM
yea, the only rpg i liked was secret of mana, in fact, thats my favorite game ever. kinda ironic since i hate rpgs, but my favorite game was an rpg.:D

xboxpebbles
03-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Well, you are correct, it is kind of old news...but, it's always something good to talk about anyway.

Personally, I have never played any of the Final Fantasy games...I know I know I know....I need to get with it. But, I guess I have never really been a hardcore RPG fan, but, I must admit, Final Fantasy seems to be really cool.

I think FF will be blown away with Project Ego, in my personal opinion. But, I still think it's great if FF comes to the XBox...there will definately be a lot of happy XBox owners out there! :)

GEEEZ maximus..GET WITH IT!
lol:)

Crazy Joe
03-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Razor70
I used to play all the FF games up until FF VII. I used to love them when they were set back in the medival times with the white wizards and black wizards...then they went to the Sci-fi type stuff and I got bored with it. I will play XI if they take it back to the old days, but not if it's Sci-fi!

I was the exact same way, i hated FF VIII, but FF IX returns to the old school medieval style, there is even a black wizard! Check it out if you have a PSone