PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! News: Broken Xbox turns into gamer's dream come true.

FromHell440
03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Bungie goes above and beyond...

By Mike Smith

Xbox 360 hardware failures aren't exactly unusual, but when Halo fan Nathaniel sent his Xbox 360 to Microsoft's warranty repair center, he got back a little less than he was expecting.

Although Nathaniel's Xbox began life as just a regular, launch-edition console, he'd customized the case with original artwork from noted Halo fan artist Luke McKay, signatures from Halo development team members, and other unique scribblings. In other words, it was a one-of-a-kind -- so when it broke, he was understandably nervous. But after being assured by Microsoft support staff that his precious artwork would be safe, he sent the broken console in for repair.

When it came back, to Nathaniel's horror, it had been scrubbed clean. His collectors' item had become just another garden variety console.

Gamer hits the jackpot!

One week later, Nathaniel's story took a turn for the awesome. Halo's creator Bungie spotted blog postings about his sad story and set about seeing what they could do to make it up to this loyal fan. So while Nathaniel still doesn't have his unique Xbox 360, he does have a huge grab bag of hard-to-find Halo memorabilia -- including a model Master Chief helmet signed by the studio staff and a copy of the game's soundtrack autographed by its composer, Martin O'Donnell -- to make up for his loss.

"Bungie has far surpassed any response I could have anticipated," said an overjoyed Nathaniel in a public statement. Read his full letter and check out pictures of his swag right here: http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/03/07/bungie-unscrews-previously-screwed-gamer/ .

Source: http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/broken-xbox-turns-into-gamer-s-dream-come-true/1194723

CrazyCougar
03-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Supposedly there is more stuff on the way from a few other sources as well. Been waiting to see the outcome of this, and I am glad that folks tried making good on this MS debacle.

FromHell440
03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Supposedly there is more stuff on the way from a few other sources as well. Been waiting to see the outcome of this, and I am glad that folks tried making good on this MS debacle.

Bungie is certainly making a name for themselves. It was not even their fault and they reacted as if it was.

Damn, Go Bungie! Show Microsoft how it is done!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Bungie is certainly making a name for themselves. It was not even their fault and they reacted as if it was.

Damn, Go Bungie! Show Microsoft how it is done!

seriously... It's sad how we get treated by microsoft... and we are so loyal.. i feel like loyal subjects to a misstreating king... except if i ever see bill gates ... im smacking the sh*T out of him.. and telling him about the way microsoft has been treating us... bastards.. i love xbox... if xbox was a woman... it be a whore.. but its okay id still marry her... good for bungie man.. im glad they did that for that dude.. u know what at the end of halo 3 i like how they thanked us the gamers.. i went to there forum and said that was nice thanks bungies awesome... i have a feeling they listen a lot to the gamers.. because halo still has the best online set-up i ever seen....

JackTheWhack
03-28-2008, 09:50 AM
That is an awesome story. I'm sorry but I think its time to get the Better Business into Microsoft, don't ya think?!

*Whack*

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-28-2008, 11:50 AM
That is an awesome story. I'm sorry but I think its time to get the Better Business into Microsoft, don't ya think?!

*Whack*

lol dont get me started jack... ill freaking get every beural of better buissness on xbox's ass if my box isnt exchange for a newer 2008 refurbished xbox 360.