PDA

View Full Version : Gamerscore Cheaters, Finally getting caught!

Kamshaft
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/03/25/558240.aspx

What do you guys think?

Stifler
03-25-2008, 10:50 AM
i don't get it, how do you cheat your gamerscore?

Unreal
03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh that is beautiful. The mark on the gamercard saying they are a cheater is like the walk of shame :rofl:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-25-2008, 11:27 AM
i don't get it, how do you cheat your gamerscore?

thats what im saying..

Unreal
03-25-2008, 12:54 PM
thats what im saying..
From the posts I have been reading on this subject since the blog. You get someone to recover their gamertag on your 360. Load up a game that you have completed and it goes to their gamertag. I dont know if its that easy and if it works for every game. But I am guessing thats what they mean.

CrazyCougar
03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
They use game saves, seperate profiles, flash drives, mods, etc. They basically can gain 1000 gamerscore in a matter of minutes for most any game. Glad to see this is being policed now.

Not Pink
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
What is the advantage to having a high gamerscore?

CrazyCougar
03-25-2008, 01:17 PM
There is none, nor will there ever be any, other than bragging rights when you've achieved it yourself.

Stifler
03-25-2008, 01:29 PM
What is the advantage to having a high gamerscore?

microsoft sends all gamertags free buttplugs to anyone with a 50,000+ score

Not Pink
03-25-2008, 01:41 PM
microsoft sends all gamertags free buttplugs to anyone with a 50,000+ score

I gotta' get me one of those.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I gotta' get me one of those.

lmfao!!:rofl::rofl:

Steeps5
03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
well, it is nice that the xbox live team was able to stop these cheaters and completely destory their gamerscore for it

Unreal
03-25-2008, 11:56 PM
StripClubDJ has a gamerscore of 0 now :yikes:

Ry
03-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Ouch, I'm glad to see no one on xba was been reset, that means, we dont cheat :cheers:

JakofallAces
03-26-2008, 07:06 AM
ya we dont cheat:watchout: just kidding anyways ya i like the idea but hell stripclubdj and sufoor werent all cheat (except sufoor aka roofus since he created gamesaving) they started out legit till their first 100k thats was about when it was started so i believe its unfair to make them start back at zero just remove what they cheated on because hell 250k is still a ridiculously high number:confused:

EDIT: also this isnt a giant deal for them they have other profiles with 100k plus since they gamesaved tons (except bushpir8 he barely did any he just has no life) they can just get it back up there in like 30 minutes if they have the games with them. Also some of them can hack which is why stripclub and sufoor were the first to go they have achievements from games they have never even played also ones that the games had glitches for some achievements like Nba 08 so its kinda crazy and i wonder what they will do in retaliation

David Creech
03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Gamesavers were not reset, unfortunately. Only some of the gamers who used an external method to artificially notify XBL servers that an achievement was "earned." Basically, XBL is a network and someone figured out how to hack it and just send in the electronic code that tells the gamerscore portion of the network that a certain gamertag now has a certain achievement. No game play needed.

It is a start, I suppose, but I was hoping that they would do something about the gamesavers (there are even some on here, based on the thread StripClubDJ started with his one post several months back). So far I can only find two gamertags that were reset (StripClubDJ and sufoor).

CrazyCougar
03-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I hope they take out the gaer savers too.As for those 2 schmucks that got their gamerscore deleted....Yes they deserved to have every last gamerscore taken away. if you cheat then you should pay the consequences, period. Taking away their legit gamerscore is the perfect punsihment. Will it deter them? probably not. They'll need to be perma banned eventually if they continue and I hope that in fact happens to anyone that cheats.

Unreal
03-26-2008, 10:20 AM
They'll need to be perma banned eventually if they continue and I hope that in fact happens to anyone that cheats.
I don't remember where I read it, but the first time its a gamerscore deletion. The second time its a ban. That way they get a second chance. If they do it again, they lost their chance so its a ban.

JakofallAces
03-26-2008, 11:32 AM
um fyi sufoor created gamesaving and so he can hack it and make any achievements pop when ever he wants without even playin the game so it doesnt matter he could be back at 240k in five minutes so it is going to be a ban soon enough:confused:

Ainokeatoo
03-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Does it matter really? I mean, as long as they're not hacking the game or exploiting a cheat within the game that gives them an advantage over other players besides any that is directly connected to the specific person. That they are using to purposely cheat and all those directly connected "LAN split-screen" to not exploit glitches and cheats within the game. But to use a flaw created by MS or the game designers due to a technicality just to earn achievement points really, shouldn't be looked into, to such an extent as they most likely are. But instead focus on the people who are using hacks, hacked game saves, others game saves, actual glitches and cheats, ya know?

Conchord
03-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Its their ****ing game, let them do what the hell they want with it.

Also, if you cheat to raise your gamerscore, you are a ***got.

Slowride
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Why would someone care enough about gamerscore to cheat at it? Clearly by mine you can tell I wouldn't understand such thinking. I mean honestly who gives a ****.

Fargoth
03-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Ouch, I'm glad to see no one on xba was been reset, that means, we dont cheat :cheers:

Or we haven't been caught yet. ;)

JakofallAces
03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Or we haven't been caught yet. ;)

yup........opps did i say that.......jk cheaters suck and if you cant be legit then i dont like you very much

David Creech
03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
um fyi sufoor created gamesaving and so he can hack it and make any achievements pop when ever he wants without even playin the game so it doesnt matter he could be back at 240k in five minutes so it is going to be a ban soon enough:confused:

Sufoor did not create gamesaving. Gamesaving was created to permit customers to transfer saves from the original Xbox to the Xbox 360, and to also permit backing up saved games on media other than the Xbox 360 hard drive for archival purposes. There is even a licensed transfer kit for this purpose.

The act of using that process to obtain achievements (which is what we now typically refer to as "gamesaving") rather than playing the game was due to a technical flaw that was discovered by multiple people and exploited by a LOT of cheaters.

Sufoor used packet capture hardware and software (standard network monitoring tools) to determine the codes sent in by the Xbox 360 when an achievement unlocks, and then used a PC to send that information for his account on multiple achievements he did not actually earn. He has reportedly provided this service to others for a fee, although I don't know that anyone can actually prove this. As far as I can tell by reading the information from Microsoft, this is the activity that the recent crackdown targets.

JakofallAces
03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Sufoor did not create gamesaving. Gamesaving was created to permit customers to transfer saves from the original Xbox to the Xbox 360, and to also permit backing up saved games on media other than the Xbox 360 hard drive for archival purposes. There is even a licensed transfer kit for this purpose.

The act of using that process to obtain achievements (which is what we now typically refer to as "gamesaving") rather than playing the game was due to a technical flaw that was discovered by multiple people and exploited by a LOT of cheaters.

Sufoor used packet capture hardware and software (standard network monitoring tools) to determine the codes sent in by the Xbox 360 when an achievement unlocks, and then used a PC to send that information for his account on multiple achievements he did not actually earn. He has reportedly provided this service to others for a fee, although I don't know that anyone can actually prove this. As far as I can tell by reading the information from Microsoft, this is the activity that the recent crackdown targets.
sorry my bad i was miss informed by my friend sorry also so does he hack gamerscore or gamesave it?

JackTheWhack
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, I'm glad its happening finally, but as I've noticed its allowed for deeper problems, as the TOU agreement has been breached by this. One statement in the agreement states they were to notify us as Live Subscribers that they were going to be doing such check at certain if not all accounts. Though Gamesaving is not illgeal its similar to a Gameshark-Like deal, where its ok to do it, and its out there.

A buddy of mine did Ace Combat 3 legit and Microsoft Flagged his account and he lost all of his gamerscore and he never knew how to gamesave in a game, so this will lead to trouble in the long run, being falsefully accused of cheating when you didn't. There are plenty of games that can flag this such as Madden games, Avatar, certain Sports games. So its like we all have to be cautious on how we earn it or the account gets flagged. Something we shouldn't needing to be worried about right now, when we have other deals to deal with on the Live Service.

I guess we'll see how things go...
*Whack*

David Creech
04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
A buddy of mine did Ace Combat 3 legit and Microsoft Flagged his account and he lost all of his gamerscore and he never knew how to gamesave in a game, so this will lead to trouble in the long run, being falsefully accused of cheating when you didn't. There are plenty of games that can flag this such as Madden games, Avatar, certain Sports games. So its like we all have to be cautious on how we earn it or the account gets flagged. Something we shouldn't needing to be worried about right now, when we have other deals to deal with on the Live Service.

I guess we'll see how things go...
*Whack*

No offense, but I doubt he was reset to zero because of playing Ace Combat 3. What is his gamertag?

With the very limited number of resets done (about 10 that I have found) I rather doubt they would be picking some random person who didn't hack.

I have over 100k gamerscore, didn't cheat for any of it, and am not worried in the slightest.