PDA

View Full Version : Rockband still?!?

Bakeman
03-28-2008, 06:12 PM
So I don't see many people or anyone really talking about Rockband on this forum. Are you all not playing it anymore? Or do you do all that on the rockband forums.

There is a ton of DLC for the game, they just came out with the Music Store.
So what about it?!?! HUH HUH!?!?

I was finally able to finish Ride the Lighting and ...And Justice for All on Drums playing on Hard, finished with 90 and 93 I think. I was pretty stoked!

TheCovenant
03-28-2008, 08:47 PM
So I don't see many people or anyone really talking about Rockband on this forum. Are you all not playing it anymore? Or do you do all that on the rockband forums.

There is a ton of DLC for the game, they just came out with the Music Store.
So what about it?!?! HUH HUH!?!?

I was finally able to finish Ride the Lighting and ...And Justice for All on Drums playing on Hard, finished with 90 and 93 I think. I was pretty stoked!

i still play weekly, especially on tuesdays for the new dlc. i realized a long time ago people on this forum aren't really stoked about this game as i am, so i migrated to the rb forums and stalk around.

I did ride the lightning expert 93% last time i tried it. Its one of my all time fav songs, just cause you feel like the master of the universe when you finish it =)

shoot me an invite man, ill drum/strum/hum with ya.

GT: Descartes Truth

Bakeman
03-29-2008, 12:08 AM
i still play weekly, especially on tuesdays for the new dlc. i realized a long time ago people on this forum aren't really stoked about this game as i am, so i migrated to the rb forums and stalk around.

I did ride the lightning expert 93% last time i tried it. Its one of my all time fav songs, just cause you feel like the master of the universe when you finish it =)

shoot me an invite man, ill drum/strum/hum with ya.

GT: Descartes Truth

Yeah I just started recently reading the RB Forums because I never saw anything on here.

Dang 93% on expert... NICE!! My foot doesn't work to well on those double bass kicks really fast. So that holds me way back.. then doing drum rolls or whatever they are called kill me too.

Now that I'm working I may be able to get a gold membership again sometime.. if I do I'll look ya up.. but for not I'm stuck playing offline only :(

Variation-XBA
03-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Been trying to play the songs I never play, cause whenever I sing online, people always choose terrible songs and/or ones I don't know at all.

FatBox
03-29-2008, 03:29 AM
I would be playing a lot, I usually play everyday, but I've sent in my pads 3 times now and they keep sending me faulty ones so I just send it right back out hoping to get decent pads. Other than that though there really isn't much left for me to do except for 5 star 3 more songs and I've 5 starred the game on expert.

Stifler
03-30-2008, 12:06 PM
ive been playing it a lot lately. just got the game and the wireless controller from guitar hero. looking to grab the drums in the next month or two.

love the nine inch nails dlc, but not much else looks good. waiting till they get some more stuff out.

Unreal
03-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I did play it alot, but ever since I got to GGaHT on expert. I havent played much since then. I tried to pass the song and the best I have done is 96%. So being discouraged, I havent played much.

FromHell440
03-31-2008, 05:20 AM
Damn, look at that gamerscore!

*Tries to hide his pathetic score*

cadetchik
03-31-2008, 07:53 AM
I am still waiting for this game to be released here in the UK

thAshAdyOne
03-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Wow...I would have thought that RB would have come out in the UK by now...:(

I still have to buy this game...waiting for a special occasion...

TheCovenant
04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow...I would have thought that RB would have come out in the UK by now...:(

I still have to buy this game...waiting for a special occasion...

if you liked portal as much as i did, you should go get RB today.

Ainokeatoo
04-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Lmao, I don't know, the only reason I would get rock band is for the drums, and maybe guitar, but really, as I think of it, I just might rock a little to hard and ultimately kill my drumset, that and I have no room in my room.

Stifler
04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
the free song that was released is crap. dish out some good rock tunes. stuff from bush, breaking benjamin, disturbed, incubus. not some crap from portal. song is brutal.

TheCovenant
04-02-2008, 07:12 PM
the free song that was released is crap. dish out some good rock tunes. stuff from bush, breaking benjamin, disturbed, incubus. not some crap from portal. song is brutal.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/thanks_for_sharing.jpg:rolleyes:

Stifler
04-02-2008, 09:15 PM
im going to rape you

FatBox
04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey it was free, can't complain, it was released as an April Fool's song. I'm still waiting for Zero to come out by the Smashing Pumpkins, that's a kick ass song.

Variation-XBA
04-02-2008, 10:39 PM

Are you kidding? It's freaking amazing on vocal and fun(but easy) on guitar

l Maximus l
04-03-2008, 02:59 AM
Right now, Rock Band and Halo 3 are the only games I play!

I recently bought Rock Band and my brother and two friends bought it shortly after. This is coming from a guy that only played Guitar Hero II a couple of times - I love Rock Band!

I wish I considered this game when it came out - I simply overlooked the game and didn't pay much attention to it. I really missed out on some really good times...whoops!

But, I have it now and am having a blast. I'm far behind most of you guys, though. I'm just now feeling bold enough to play on Hard mode.

Has anyone downloaded Thrasher Evile yet? lol! Seriously, I can only, at best, get through 25% (exactly 25%) of this song on Expert before getting boo'd off the stage...lol...it's craziness! I can get 94% on Medium, though (which is my best with this song so far).

I remember playing Enter Sandman by Metallica for the first time on medium - I barely got through it...now I can do 98% on medium (which is my best so far). I haven't dared trying it on hard yet, though.

If you guys don't mind me asking, when playing on hard, what is the best way to hold the guitar? Is it best to put your index finger starting on red and then reaching for green or is it better to start with your index finger on green and reach with your pinky finger for orange? I'm not quite a n00b, but, when it comes to five buttons I am at this point. I've experimented both ways, but, I find that being comfortable on medium that it screws my head up when I shift my left hand down to from my index finger on green to red. I recently got comfortable hitting notes where yellow and blue are in unison (which was so tough at first...green and yellow has always been easy, though).

Red and Orange in unison are nearly impossible especially when it's very occassional.

I'm still learning but having a blast! With drums, I can't even refer to myself as a confident Medium player yet. On the easier songs, I'm comfortable, but, tougher songs, I can't make it through without being saved. I'll get it in due time, though.

But yeah, I'm seriously loving Rock Band and strongly recommend it to anyone that remotely enjoys rock music (which I love). So, if you haven't bought this game, I strongly recommend it.

I also notice that a lot of people prefer the Guitar Hero guitar over the Rock Band Guitar - I don't get it. I strongly prefer the Rock Band guitar... I realize that both are plastic and don't represent a real guitar, but, it just seems like the Rock Band guitar is more natural just by holding it...but, hey, I'm probably in the minority on this one...I just prefer the Rock Band guitar.

Bakeman
04-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear you enjoy the game so much! :)

I too much perfer the RB Guitar.. I love it... will most likely be getting the wireless one when it comes out.

I recently bought Rock Band and my brother and two friends bought it shortly after. This is coming from a guy that only played Guitar Hero II a couple of times - I love Rock Band!

I wish I considered this game when it came out - I simply overlooked the game and didn't pay much attention to it. I really missed out on some really good times...whoops!

But, I have it now and am having a blast. I'm far behind most of you guys, though. I'm just now feeling bold enough to play on Hard mode.

Has anyone downloaded Thrasher Evile yet? lol! Seriously, I can only, at best, get through 25% (exactly 25%) of this song on Expert before getting boo'd off the stage...lol...it's craziness! I can get 94% on Medium, though (which is my best with this song so far).

I remember playing Enter Sandman by Metallica for the first time on medium - I barely got through it...now I can do 98% on medium (which is my best so far). I haven't dared trying it on hard yet, though.

If you guys don't mind me asking, when playing on hard, what is the best way to hold the guitar? Is it best to put your index finger starting on red and then reaching for green or is it better to start with your index finger on green and reach with your pinky finger for orange? I'm not quite a n00b, but, when it comes to five buttons I am at this point. I've experimented both ways, but, I find that being comfortable on medium that it screws my head up when I shift my left hand down to from my index finger on green to red. I recently got comfortable hitting notes where yellow and blue are in unison (which was so tough at first...green and yellow has always been easy, though).

Red and Orange in unison are nearly impossible especially when it's very occassional.

I'm still learning but having a blast! With drums, I can't even refer to myself as a confident Medium player yet. On the easier songs, I'm comfortable, but, tougher songs, I can't make it through without being saved. I'll get it in due time, though.

But yeah, I'm seriously loving Rock Band and strongly recommend it to anyone that remotely enjoys rock music (which I love). So, if you haven't bought this game, I strongly recommend it.

I also notice that a lot of people prefer the Guitar Hero guitar over the Rock Band Guitar - I don't get it. I strongly prefer the Rock Band guitar... I realize that both are plastic and don't represent a real guitar, but, it just seems like the Rock Band guitar is more natural just by holding it...but, hey, I'm probably in the minority on this one...I just prefer the Rock Band guitar.

FatBox
04-03-2008, 02:17 PM

When I first started playing on hard for guitar I started out where I would just reach my pinky over to hit the orange, I hardly ever made a hand position change. Once I got comfortable with that I became more comfortable with changing my fingers from red, yellow, blue orange to green, red, yellow, blue when appropriate. I played that for a while, but ever since I started to get good at it I found it's easier to just try and playing with your index finger on red rather than green and just reaching your index finger up to green whenever possible. I try to avoid hand changes now, unless I have to.

TheCovenant
04-03-2008, 06:46 PM

hand changes is the way to go buddy. the purposely make a few songs damn impossible without moving your hand down an "octave". To make things even more complicated, sometimes (if your pinky and ring finger arent up to it) when blue and orange interchange really quickly, its better to move your hand even lower (so that your pinky isnt even actually on a button), your other fingers should be strong enough to do those complicated one's and two's. Hit me up online sometime, ill jame with ya ;)

FatBox
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
hand changes is the way to go buddy. the purposely make a few songs damn impossible without moving your hand down an "octave". To make things even more complicated, sometimes (if your pinky and ring finger arent up to it) when blue and orange interchange really quickly, its better to move your hand even lower (so that your pinky isnt even actually on a button), your other fingers should be strong enough to do those complicated one's and two's. Hit me up online sometime, ill jame with ya ;)

Hand changes can cause mistakes though. I switched my style after I started getting really good at it. If possible, it's better to just keep your hand on red, yellow, blue, orange and just reach for green with your index. When I first passed Jordan that's how I had to do it.

l Maximus l
04-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Right now, I'm playing Bass soley on hard mode...I usually play with a buddy or two.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this in my other post, but, Rock Band is the first game since Halo 1 where I find myself leaving my house specifically to play the game somewhere else! No joke...since the days of Halo 1!!! (which doesn't seem like that long ago, but, looking at a calendar, that was a really long time ago...unbelievable!).

I have gone to my brother's house three weekends in a row and a buddy's house two weekends in a row (yes, playing all weekend! hahaha...love this game!)

Anyway, the career mode is a blast. :) On Solo mode, at home, I beat it on medium so far. Thrasher Evile is the only song I have downloaded, but, I plan on downloading nearly every song just to do it...even if I don't care for the song I'm downloading. I find that even if I don't care for a specific song, I still love playing it! Take the Rolling Stones song for example (the one that comes with the game) - I don't necessarily care for the song, but, it's a blast to play!

Seriously, Rock Band has opened my mind up a lot when it comes to Rock music...there's songs I never gave a second thought to that I'm now playing the guitar on or playing the drums...it's great! I even bought the new Flyleaf CD because of this game...lol

TheCovenant
04-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Right now, I'm playing Bass soley on hard mode...I usually play with a buddy or two.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this in my other post, but, Rock Band is the first game since Halo 1 where I find myself leaving my house specifically to play the game somewhere else! No joke...since the days of Halo 1!!! (which doesn't seem like that long ago, but, looking at a calendar, that was a really long time ago...unbelievable!).

I have gone to my brother's house three weekends in a row and a buddy's house two weekends in a row (yes, playing all weekend! hahaha...love this game!)

Anyway, the career mode is a blast. :) On Solo mode, at home, I beat it on medium so far. Thrasher Evile is the only song I have downloaded, but, I plan on downloading nearly every song just to do it...even if I don't care for the song I'm downloading. I find that even if I don't care for a specific song, I still love playing it! Take the Rolling Stones song for example (the one that comes with the game) - I don't necessarily care for the song, but, it's a blast to play!

Seriously, Rock Band has opened my mind up a lot when it comes to Rock music...there's songs I never gave a second thought to that I'm now playing the guitar on or playing the drums...it's great! I even bought the new Flyleaf CD because of this game...lol

Hmm, that fly leaf song was the only song i liked on that album. You know they're christian rock?