PDA

View Full Version : State of Emergency or GTA3??

wweomaniac
03-06-2002, 04:29 PM
I just played State of Emergency, and I though that ti was just as good or even better than GTA3. Maybe its because I had already played so much GTA3.

Anyways.. theyre both made by the same developer, and are very contreversial.

What game would you rather see coem to XBOX now??

Comments are welcomed....

khaos2005
03-06-2002, 04:36 PM
I really could care less about either of the games to be honest. But I played SoE at a friend's house, and didn't really like it at all. If I had to pick I'd go with GTA3.

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Well...I haven't played either one of them, but, I heard that State of Emergency is completely different than GTA3 but didn't hear how it was different.

All I know is that I have heard very positive things about both games. Personally, I think both of them should come, but first, have them both polished up A LOT before they come. I would rather wait to have the best version of both games by having them clean everything up and add XBox extras rather than having a direct port.

:)

khaos2005
03-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Ah, yes. Very good points Maximus, I agree.

wweomaniac
03-06-2002, 04:47 PM
GTA3 is more aboot just shooting and killing and there really isnt a story line :)

There is less moral in State of Emergency.

The Terminator
03-06-2002, 04:55 PM
Even if it is a direct port, the XBox's harware will remove the jaggies tho.

rr9597
03-06-2002, 05:24 PM
State of Emergency is going around killing people or protecting people and u get points for it. It looks like GTA3 is better because there is a plot and there are huge towns in it. U get better missions and its just more fun. Sfter awhile u'll get tired of SOE, but GTA3 will keep u comin back for more

wweomaniac
03-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
GTA3 is more aboot just shooting and killing and there really isnt a story line :)

There is less moral in State of Emergency.

Oops.. I meant SOE is more aboot jsut shooting and killing and there really isnt a story line.

Legolas
03-06-2002, 06:00 PM
Simple: better replay value.

Davidjazzman12
03-06-2002, 09:43 PM
both are kick ass but you probably want GTA 3 first
acutally u want BOTH!!!!!!!

Highlite23
03-06-2002, 09:46 PM
State of Emergency was awfull, i gotta beleive it was so hyped and it fell flat on its face.

Bakeman
03-06-2002, 10:50 PM
I read some review that said SoE is the bad parts of GTA3 then expanded to make a full game...

I was like OUCH!

And if he means the bad parts like shooting at peeps. then I don't want to play SoE

I find the shooting to be less then impressive in GTA3.. the camera doesn't work with you when shooting peeps.

I still love GTA3 and can't wait for it to be on the Xbox

yall
03-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Ive also heard lots of bad reviews for SoE.

JJaX
03-07-2002, 08:18 AM
Im hooked on GTA3 after playing it for like 3 hours straight. I cant wait for this thing to come out for the BoX

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 08:46 AM
I probably wouldn't buy either title, but of the two I would pick GTA3.

Extended play hated SOE.

JJaX
03-07-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I probably wouldn't buy either title, but of the two I would pick GTA3.

Extended play hated SOE.

I dont get why you wouldnt want GTA3, Its a great game that shouldnt be missed. But i guess if Pokemon racing and insepector Gadget card trading games are your cup o' tea thats fine with me.

RudedogX
03-07-2002, 10:04 AM
I played GTA3 for about 1 hour, and I was hooked JJAX! I can not wait for this game to hit the XBOX, but I've heard nothing but bad things about SOE, so I would definetly pass on that one.

JJaX
03-07-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I played GTA3 for about 1 hour, and I was hooked JJAX! I can not wait for this game to hit the XBOX, but I've heard nothing but bad things about SOE, so I would definetly pass on that one.

Thats what im talkin bout!
I played this up at my friends school for like 3 hours staight and i was lovin every second of it. I even messed around with some codes (all guns) and raised hell. Sniping people and busted out my AK-47. S4it it was fun. But nothing beats playing through the story with out cheating. Like gettin yourself a Gun and killing pimps and stuff. This game Ownz Me.

RudedogX
03-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Without a doubt! I didn't play with the codes, but the guy that I was trading off with had a little too much fun with the rocket launcher! As for going through it without the codes, definetly! That was one of the best parts! There was only one mission that I was having trouble with for that one hour, and my friend took over and ran a code to help him beat the mission! I was ****ed, but I still want this freakin' game on the box!

JJaX
03-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
! There was only one mission that I was having trouble with for that one hour, and my friend took over and ran a code to help him beat the mission! I was ****ed, but I still want this freakin' game on the box!

yeah codes ruin the ****. Save the codes for when you've beaten the game the right way ya know. My friend is like that too. If he couldnt beat something he would put in a code and do it. (Cheap as Fuk right? Cause now you got every gun )

RudedogX
03-07-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

yeah codes ruin the s4it. Save the codes for when you've beaten the game the right way ya know. My friend is like that too. If he couldnt beat something he would put in a code and do it. (Cheap as Fuk right? Cause now you got every gun )

Every gun and no police after you (that was the problem with the mission, the police and wanted level). But yeah, I agree, save the cheats for after you beat the game, then have fun being cheap! There have only been a few times where I've gotten so frustrated that I used cheats to get past a part. I pretty much turned off the cheat afterwards though. It gets boring knowing that you can't die!

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 02:25 PM

I dont get why you wouldnt want GTA3, Its a great game that shouldnt be missed. But i guess if Pokemon racing and insepector Gadget card trading games are your cup o' tea thats fine with me.

It's all hype. It reminds me of Postal on the PC, which sucked but was pumped up due to the controversy surrounding it. I'd rather not have this tired game ported to the XBOX. Let's see some innovation and originality.

JJaX
03-07-2002, 02:34 PM

It's all hype. It reminds me of Postal on the PC, which sucked but was pumped up due to the controversy surrounding it. I'd rather not have this tired game ported to the XBOX. Let's see some innovation and originality.

Hype is something that people "Hype" up before they ever get there hands on it. Ambitious titles cause "Hype". This game has already showed a large chunk of the gaming community thats it lives up to the "hype" and some. I yet to speak with someone who has sat down with this game and didnt love it.

What makes the game lack in innovation and orginality? Its chalk filled with orginality and innovation. Its pretty obvious you havent played the game and dont plan to just because of your prejudice views on ports. Whats wrong with a good game coming to a different system? Its still a good game and original for those who dont have ps2.

Dont get me wrong Hugh_Jass, I know your intelligent and i respect your views. If your gonna stay in the ignorant mind set of "This game is gonna suck" your only gonna look for the negative aspects and not enjoy it in the manner it should be. (but dont worry, the flaws are 0 to none)

But i just think your gonna miss out on a good thing

wweomaniac
03-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Ahhhh!!!! its been a day since I have coem to check on this thread that I made and it still looks like the popular opinion is GTA3! Dang. I thought some people would appreciate SOE, but I guess y'all cant handle it (j/k).

22-3 right now. GTA3 is a good game, but i still think SOE is better.

Oh well. Nice to see people are replying to my post.

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 06:15 PM

What makes the game lack in innovation and orginality?

I'm not saying that this game is or is not innovative and original. I'm saying that the fact that it appeared on PS2 first means that any version ported to the XBOX won't bring anything significantly new to the game. I would rather see developers pioneer new ideas on the XBOX and not just bring us the same old thing from other consoles just so they can milk their franchise dry. Lara Croft, anyone?

Bakeman
03-07-2002, 07:20 PM

I'm not saying that this game is or is not innovative and original. I'm saying that the fact that it appeared on PS2 first means that any version ported to the XBOX won't bring anything significantly new to the game. I would rather see developers pioneer new ideas on the XBOX and not just bring us the same old thing from other consoles just so they can milk their franchise dry. Lara Croft, anyone?

What's wrong with doing both? Port some games, and make some new ones. My friend has GTA3 on the PS2... and I love that game. It would make my day when it makes it on Xbox, and I would rather get GTA3 now that is a port then have to wait over a year to see a GTA3 desgined for the Xbox.. I'd like to see it port over ASAP.. then start work on an Original GTA4 or something desgined just for the xbox.

I stopped playing it on the PS2 once I heard it might come to Xbox, I wanted to be able to play it on my own time on my own system.

Viva la GTA3!

The Terminator
03-07-2002, 07:37 PM
I've played GTA3 at friends' houses for around 14 hours (total time) and I must say that after the initial coolness factor wear's off, the game gets really repetitive, unfortunately.

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman

What's wrong with doing both? Port some games, and make some new ones.

The biggest problem with this is the danger of being perceived as a follower rather than a leader of the market. What incentives do PS2 owners have to embrace the XBOX if all MS has to offer them are rehashes of games they already own? Furthermore, why should XBOX owners have to put up with Sony's table scraps?

The key to winning this battle for supremacy is to offer superior titles. The sooner we stop relying on ports the better.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 07:53 AM

The biggest problem with this is the danger of being perceived as a follower rather than a leader of the market. What incentives do PS2 owners have to embrace the XBOX if all MS has to offer them are rehashes of games they already own? Furthermore, why should XBOX owners have to put up with Sony's table scraps?

The key to winning this battle for supremacy is to offer superior titles. The sooner we stop relying on ports the better.

Whats wrong with bringing Sonys System selling games to the Xbox. Xbox has exclusive "innovative" titles coming, But why cant we have sonys best games too. I say the more ports the better. Your making it seem like all were gonna get its ports when thats not the case. Sure we getting ports of 2 of there best games (GTA3, MGX) but we'll also have our xbox only titles too. So your saying you rather not bring the game over to the box at all if its gonna be a port?

Hugh_Jass
03-08-2002, 08:37 AM

So your saying you rather not bring the game over to the box at all if its gonna be a port?

That's right. If I had my way XBOX would have nothing but superior exclusive titles.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 08:54 AM

That's right. If I had my way XBOX would have nothing but superior exclusive titles.

Your like complaining about a free desert that comes with your meal.