PDA

View Full Version : So what is the 360 lacking - Ideas that would make it better

Mikewarrior
03-30-2008, 04:55 PM
In no particular order...

#1. Good 1st party platformers

#2. Full B/C

#3. 1080P DLC movies

#4. 7.1 surround sound

#5. Browser - lol, that's the 2nd most used thing on my ps3

#6. Voice chat while playing Xbox games on the 360

#7. Very popular JRPG IPs

#8. Reliability/quality with the hardware

#9. J Allard/Ed Fries/Seamus Blackley

#10. Extensive use of the 360 camera

#11. For everyone to be able to sell user created content off Marketplace

#12. A lobby system for every Online 360 game

#13. Free XBL online play

#14. A $100 Price cut

#15. More Japanese/Europe buyers

#16. Many more & quality MMO's

#17. User created MODS

#18. New ways to play a game - An immersive Wii like addition

#19. A Blu-Ray add-on

#20. Standard Hard Drive

#21. Better/longer Games

#22. Games in real HD - No 640P crap

#23. Initial GB installs onto the Hard Drive - For faster Loading

#24. Cheaper Hard Drive prices

#25. Shane Kim fired

#26. Downloadable HD movies to actually own

#27. More Zune/360 integration - Zune Marketplace on 360 Marketplace

#28. Quietness

#29. High profile games without Graphic Glitches *Vertical Tearing/pop-up* fps issues *Slowdown laggy stuttering mess*

#30. Demos for every 360 game

#31. A good D-PAD

#32. A Head-Set that doesn't break

#33. A built in power supply

#34. Online servers

#35. A DRM fix

#36 360 Advertising STILL sucks!!! - http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/fu...eal-to-parents

Can there be any more?

Stifler
03-30-2008, 04:56 PM
#1 adult content

Mikewarrior
03-30-2008, 04:59 PM
#1 adult content

lol = Isn't that what a Browser is for?;)

Slowride
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd say the ability to not break down right after the warranty expires......

FromHell440
03-30-2008, 06:07 PM
No Gamertag stats whatsoever, extremely anti-360/Pro-PS3 post that reads like a fanboy newsletter(i.e. The Xbox 360 needs to be a PS3 in order for this unknown joker to say it is "better." Get real), the first posts this guy has made are in this 360 bashing thread disguised as "making the 360 better."

Troll.

*Clicks ignore button*

Reclaimer
03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Blue Ray support

Get rid of the power-brick somehow.

Cheaper / bigger hard drives.

JakofallAces
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
dedicated servers for every game and easier mute button (on controller preferably) for those dumbass punkass 12 yr old kids who are more racist and vulgar than you could ever believe possible, also a ability to make the controler shock you so if your starting to suck ZAP

Slowride
03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
ya and maybe if you have a negative kill/death ratio at the end of the match it can spray you with mace.

FromHell440
03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
So what is the 360 lacking

A minimal fanbase , consumers that are dumb enough to get suckered into buying a DVD on steroids(i.e. Blu-Ray. Change the name and watch the suckers spend double on this crap), a weak GPU that was outdated a year before the console came out, a pathetic online interface for gaming , miniature controllers with no rumble feature and the dearth of good games such as the plight with the PS3.

WillyV2
03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Blue Ray support

The big one for me, was the hard drives issue. However I agree with those other points.

cadetchik
03-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Perhaps if haters like you stopped looking at everything so negative and actually looked at the console for what it is worth you would see.

But I think to improve it they could install better hardware in all the 360 consoles or perhaps try to work on the overheating issue.

thAshAdyOne
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
the ability to do my homework...

no seriously, just more of a community feel [being able to chat in game with those playing other games.]

FromHell440
03-31-2008, 08:21 AM
the ability to do my homework...

no seriously, just more of a community feel [being able to chat in game with those playing other games.]

You can do that with voice chat. Just hit the Xbox symbol, click voice the friend you want to talk to and send a voice chat request.

Perhaps if haters like you stopped looking at everything so negative and actually looked at the console for what it is worth you would see.

But I think to improve it they could install better hardware in all the 360 consoles or perhaps try to work on the overheating issue.

Cadet, Take what this clown says with a grain of salt. The guy is a PS3 fanboy and a troll.

He has no gamertag stats, his first posts are in this 360 bashing thread (which he created) and I have never seen him here before. As soon as he joins he attacks the 360 with a bunch of opinionated nonsense based on his love of the PS3. He hasn't commented on anything else but this thread where he tries to make it seem like everything the PS3 can do (or claims to do) is grand and "if the Xbox 360 is going to catch up" it has to become just like the PS3 (according to him).

He completely ignores or disregards any of the 360 capabilities that put the PS3 to shame. The only problem I have with the 360 is the reliability factor, same as you. So rather than read anymore of his bile, I just placed him on ignore. Maybe he will go back under his Playstation bridge.

What's funny is people are picking the last Playstation (i.e. Playstation 2) over the newer one. Also, the Playstation 3 happens to have the smallest fanbase out of all three of the next gen consoles.

thAshAdyOne
03-31-2008, 08:23 AM
wait...so my Dad's been avoiding me all this time? :( Next you're going to be telling me that you can play games online or something....

FromHell440
03-31-2008, 09:51 AM
wait...so my Dad's been avoiding me all this time? :( Next you're going to be telling me that you can play games online or something....

Yeah, it's not like the Xbox 360 has a kick ass system called Xbox Live that handles voice chat/online play/HD movies/etc. or anything.

Microsoft needs to get it together. I'm sick of their ****!

Rhiannon
03-31-2008, 01:05 PM
I would love to see an good MMO on the 360

Slowride
03-31-2008, 01:16 PM

Is that even possible through a console? I mean I would think so......

On what scale are you talking? Of course, if they do it successfully it may make all other game sales drop significantly. Naw sayin?

FromHell440
03-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Is that even possible through a console? I mean I would think so......

On what scale are you talking? Of course, if they do it successfully it may make all other game sales drop significantly. Naw sayin?

I started a thread where would could discuss this here:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84067

DozertheDozaria
03-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Ya know, this is actually a great topic. While I can see where Hell and Cadet are coming from, the idea of "What is it lacking" is a good one. As far as the OP is concerned, if he wants to remove that label of troll/PS3 Fanboy, he should at least show his XBox chops by linkin' the gamertag. I'm in complete agreement that you can't knock something if you've only ever demoed it...

For me, I have to agree that the system could use more RPG's. Mass Effect was incredible. Oblivion was great as well (although I had it on PC and haven't played the XBox version). I'm not into Blue Dragon, I tried, but it just wasn't me.

I could also do with a few more... Um... well I guess that's about it. The FPS genre can always accept more games, but it is well represented on the 360. Action/platformers aren't doing to bad either. Racing has been filled fairly well, although that isn't really my genre. Sports... well, really we could use a few more quality sports titles. Especially baseball; but I digress.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more niche-market games, though. The Monster rancher series was always a favorite of mine back on PS & PS2.

So good topic. It's nice to see a thread get hijacked from it's original purpose with such a positive effect.

Mikewarrior
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
FromHell440 - I'm sorry if I hit a nerve but the 360 is far from perfect & the only way for us to show others what improvements many would like (Not just YOU) is through the net on forums. Maybe Microsoft can see this list & do something far better for the Next Xbox... We can hope.

Also, I would talk about the Ps3's issues, but then this is not a Ps3 forum. Trust me, I am far from being a Sony troll.:rolleyes:

GAMERTAG = Mikewarrior

Btw, how would I know all that if I didn't actually own the system & over 30 360 games? That list are all justifiable issues that I myself & other people have with the 360. If you disagree, that's you, but it still doesn’t make it any less fact.

DozertheDozaria
03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Good deal, Mikewarrior. Now, what you got hit up for by everyone and me was the fact that you hadn't linked your gamertag to your XBA account.

User CP
Edit Profile
XBox Live Gamertag (Optional)

That will allow you to put your gamertag in so that your gamercard shows up with your forum posts. Alot of times you'll get people who are legitimate trolls who, like you did, post something that is marginal, with no gamertag because they don't care and they're just here to cause trouble.

Linkin' your gamertag will show people that you're not just causin' trouble because you actually have the time on the system to make the observations you made. Just my two cents on that...

Ciao,
Dozer

Mikewarrior
03-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks DozertheDozaria.. I didn't know people cared so much. A gaming toy is serious business.:hail:

mattgame
03-31-2008, 09:14 PM

That's about it for me too. I'm totally satisfied with what they have done with the 360. Some of the obvious stuff like more reliable hardware of course but other than that I'm good.:hail:

FromHell440
04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
That's about it for me too. I'm totally satisfied with what they have done with the 360. Some of the obvious stuff like more reliable hardware of course but other than that I'm good.:hail:

I think we both agree that it needs reliable hardware. That's my "only" problem with the 360. All of the freezing and breaking down is getting out of control. :cheers:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
better hardware, 3-4 way private chat. Email lol i dont know.

laughs
04-01-2008, 11:18 AM
A nice firm pair of breasts.

Variation-XBA
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Not even going to justify every item with a responce, but just a few that stood out of the blatant fanboyism.

#2. Full B/CPS3's aren't 100% either. And seriously, if you wanna play a large library of Xbox 1 games, buy an Xbox 1...they are under $100 used easily.

#5. Browser - lol, that's the 2nd most used thing on my ps3
And something I would never touch on mine. The average gamer still uses an SDTV and text on a browser would look horrible.

#6. Voice chat while playing Xbox games on the 360
I'm assuming you mean Xbox 1 games? Again, if its THAT big of a deal to you, get a used system for under $100. If you are playing with a friend, private chat with them, problem solved.

#7. Very popular JRPG IPs
Yes it would be nice to have every Final Fantasy out there, but you do know that Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are made by the FF guys that left square right? Hell, L.O. is a modern day traditional JRPG with turn based and random encounters. I even loved Eternal Sonnatta.

#10. Extensive use of the 360 camera
Because you can do a million things with the PS3's camera? I don't like card games, so there goes that use of it for me.

#11. For everyone to be able to sell user created content off Marketplace
If you mean for real money, you are ignorant, but if ingame stuff, Forza is a great example of how this is already inplace.

#12. A lobby system for every Online 360 game
Talk to game dev's for this.

#13. Free XBL online play
Yea, the price of a cup of coffee a month is killer. Sucks that it's a great service too.

#16. Many more & quality MMO's
Yea, look at the plethora of MMO's on the PS3, we better start catching up.

#21. Better/longer Games
We should strive for the epics that Lair and Uncharted were with a huge 6 hours of gameplay

#30. Demos for every 360 game
Do you seriously think it's Microsoft that dictates this? Again, talk to the developers. While you are at it, tell me when every PS3 game has a demo.

#33. A built in power supply
So it can be as big as the ps3?

This is some great fanboyism, and haven't seen any here in awhile. Bring on some more :)

Also, I would talk about the Ps3's issues, but then this is not a Ps3 forum. Trust me, I am far from being a Sony troll.:rolleyes:
If you honestly think that...wow.

If you disagree, that's you, but it still doesn’t make it any less fact.
Please tell me you are joking, this is something Ekztazy would say.

----
And about the MMO thing. FFXI is already on 360 and has been for quite sometime.

Age of Conan is this year for PC and probably after Holidays for 360. Huxley is still on the way, but probably not 08, and that super hero one is on the way as well.

l Maximus l
04-03-2008, 02:39 AM
I agree that having a multi-private chat would be cool. Often times, I find myself playing some vids with a few budies, but, I don't like being subject to having to listen to everyone else. It would be cool to have a 3 or 4 way chat option. Other than that, I don't know how XBox/XBox Live could be much better.

I grew up with the Atari, so, no complaints from me...lol

SamSmith
04-03-2008, 04:36 AM
I want streamable content, I don't want to have to download movies all the time - I have a 12 gig harddrive. I want to be able to buy games and save to hd. Besides that, there's nothing that really comes to mind. I suppose bluray, just for the fact that it's the winning HD format - but I couldn't care less for bluray, I DL all my movies.

cin84_12
04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see games that go beyond the regular FPS and something like HOME on the PSN.

FromHell440
04-06-2008, 01:17 AM
The Sims(i.e. Home) on the 360? I don't want to decorate my online apartment I want to access games, downloads, content, etc.

Again "The Sims" disguised as this HOME crap? I'll pass. If they do that it will make the 360 a joke. No, put more effort into the Netflix addition and IPTV.

CrazyCougar
04-06-2008, 09:07 AM
There are some valid points in the original post that folks should consider. But here is the deal, for those of you basically stating the 360 is perfect and doesnt need any upgrades, you are out of your mind. I welcome new additions to the 360 arsenal at anytime and there are many things that could make the 360 better.

Just because a title says "...make the 360 better.." doesnt mean the system isnt up to par. It means just what it says. What features can make the system better than it already is...

1 - More stable Live service : MS has had serious issues with its service since the crash back in December. And to this day are still having issues. Hopefully they just compeltely upgrade everything.

2 - Group Voice Chat - The original xbox had it. There is no reason the 360 shouldnt have it. This was a terrible decision on MS's partt o drop this feature.

3 - MORE BC - I have 120+ Xbox games just collecting dust now due to the fact that MS hasnt focuses on putting them on the BC list. I am not going to buy a original Giant Xbox just to play these. MS promised the BC, we should get it.

4 - More MMO's are a must!!! And I dont want to have to install a 5 GB program onto my hardware to do so like Final Fantasy made me do. Ridiculous.

5 - A better and more valued point system. The more MS points I buy, I should receive a discount. It should not be a set $1.25 per 100 points. Give us a break MS, we already spend enough money on your service and games. Sheeesh.

Those are just a few I could think of off the top of my head. I am sure there are more if I sat and thought about it. But again, for those thinking that the 360 is almost perfect the way it is are insane. Its far from perfect. great system but could use many upgrades to make it better.

mattgame
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
A nice firm pair of breasts.

:rofl: Something is wrong with you!1

baby bulldog
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
It needs a reset button.

Free gamer pictures, themes and microsoft points card included for every game purchased.

Reclaimer
04-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Blue Ray support

Jesus ****ing Christ on a rubber crutch.

Whoever bad repped me because I typed "Blue Ray" as opposed to "Blu Ray"..

**** off.. seriously.

If I want to say Blue Ray, then **** you I will.

Thank you.

CrazyCougar
04-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ on a rubber crutch.

Whoever bad repped me because I typed "Blue Ray" as opposed to "Blu Ray"..

**** off.. seriously.

If I want to say Blue Ray, then **** you I will.

Thank you.

Are you serious??? Oh my word!

baby bulldog
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I have more ideas.

1-Release dates should be the same all over the world.

2-Get more trade credit when you trade in games.

3-Everyone should pay the same price for games doesn't matter which country you are from.

4-Bring out more faceplates.

5-On your gamercard have your age and gender.

CrazyCougar
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I have more ideas.

3-Everyone should pay the same price for games doesn't matter which country you are from.

4-Bring out more faceplates.

5-On your gamercard have your age and gender.

1- This is tough to do on a completely logistical reasoning. Every country has different trade rules and regulations that of which need to be reconsiled each and everytime they are at hand. Just because you shipped something to a country last week does not mean it makes the process easier the next time. Each shipment goes through the same process regardless of the product and the number of times its been shipped to the area.

2 - Definitely agree with this. But this is a retailer issue. Has nothing to do with MS or the publishers.

3 - I am from the US, so I really cant comment on this. But I think its ridiculous that countries outside the US pay more for games and peripherals. Alot of this has to do with taxes though and once again each coutnry is different.

4 - More Faceplates is a great idea. Obviously a market out there and lots of collectors as well.

5 - I am at odds on this one. While it would be nice to know if you are playing with an adult, I also dont think it should be known if you are playing with underage kids. Too many predators in the cyber world in todays society. Privacy is a key thing when it comes to online communications.

Variation-XBA
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Has nothing to do with Xbox, this is the developer standpoint, and like cougar said, it's a logistical thing.

Again, nothing to do with Xbox

Having visited New Zealand a few times, I don't fathom how people can pay $120+ and upwards for a new game.

5-On your gamercard have your age and gender. Yes and no. While it would be nice to avoid little Timmy on halo that is 12, I know I wouldnt want people knowing my age, or if I had kids playing. As cougar said, it's a privacy thing. Want people know you your age? put it in your bio.

Free gamer pictures, themes and microsoft points card included for every game purchased.

I already have 100000000 pics and themes I don't use :/

Reclaimer
04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind freebie Microsoft points if you purchased certain games or if you achieved certain achievement scores.

Theres always something to blow points on. Especially with that damn Rockband game.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind freebie Microsoft points if you purchased certain games or if you achieved certain achievement scores.

Theres always something to blow points on. Especially with that damn Rockband game.

Yeah I know, I wish they gave something out for like every 5,000 or 10,000 points you achieve, give something up like even if its a gamer picture that can be accessed, saying your pro or underground champ something stupid to keep us monkeys playing lol ..