PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield : Bad Company Beta

HaZarD SFD
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Did anyone else get an email from them? I did and replied but still no Beta Key.

Email was recieved like a day after the beta started.

UNV Superkid
03-30-2008, 06:30 PM
i got my beta from gamestop/ebgames??

came via email in about 24 hrs

CrazyCougar
03-30-2008, 09:42 PM
I have several friends on my friends list playing this nightly. I personally didnt have much desire to participate in this beta and didnt make any effort to get a key.

Slowride
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I have been out of the loop. Can you still get a key?

Unreal
03-30-2008, 11:10 PM
I have several friends on my friends list playing this nightly. I personally didnt have much desire to participate in this beta and didnt make any effort to get a key.
Same here and with me playing RSV2 and GTAIV out at the end of April. It makes it hard to put time in another game right now.

FromHell440
03-31-2008, 05:24 AM
Did anyone else get an email from them? I did and replied but still no Beta Key.

Email was recieved like a day after the beta started.

Your avatar is hilarious! Is that really you dressed like one of the terrorists in Call of Duty 4?

thAshAdyOne
03-31-2008, 05:51 AM
IGN is giving them to their premium members...
Major Nelson is giving them away...
take your pick

Duke
04-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Does quick reply not work in firefox?

Anyway, I've been playing it and I'm mixed.

If you've been playing COD4 it will be a tough adjustment.

Honestly that for me alone has turned this from a must buy to a rental and then see.

There is only one game mode (a new one) which now seems to play a little better that the populace has figured out it's not just TDM. I'm ok that the damage is a little more halo-esque than COD but the weapons really don't feel accurate and even though part of battlefield is to sustain more damage it seems rare to be able to survive to firefights in quick succession. Iron sights don't really mean anything except from range and i make too many shots (especially with the sniper) that should connect that don't.

I like that it seems they've made a better effort (judging on the two I've seen) to include more infantry combat but if you want to up the infantry you have to up the precision. I shouldn't unload on a guy (with affirming contact indicators) and have him turn and take me out with a few bullets especially on ea hosted servers (lol).

I wrote more on another site and those of you who know can see it there but basically I'd sum it up as disappointing so far. There are 3 or 4 months to release but I doubt this is anything other than a stress test so while some settings might be tweaked don't expect a lot of changes.

If you liked modern combat you might like this. I will rent it to check out the overall feel but as I loved MC this was a no brainer. In addition to the gameplay issues there is also the microtransaction aspect that could be a deal killer (google it if you don't know). I refuse to drop x amount on a sub,60 on a game, x on an internet connection and then be expected to pay more just to stay competitive.

HOWEVER, I've unlocked everything and viewed the stats of the premium content and they don't (on paper) appear to be uber weapons that everyone will have to have to compete. So take that as you will.

Nice job on the overhaul XBA and it's good to see old guys posting and a lot of new ones. Hope everything continues to go well over here.

Steeps5
04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
i haven't even heard anything about this beta.

so how is it possible to get this?

Duke
04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
i haven't even heard anything about this beta.

so how is it possible to get this?

The original public beta keys went pretty quickly but if you read the whole thread they've mentioned other ways to get in. Other than that if you're an IGN Insider or have a gamespot account I assume they are readily available.

Slowride
04-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I loved Modern Combat.....are you saying better or worse than that? I remember we both use to play a lot.

Duke hook it up! I'm not a member of any of those sites.

Duke
04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I loved Modern Combat.....are you saying better or worse than that? I remember we both use to play a lot.

Duke hook it up! I'm not a member of any of those sites.

Alright Champ I'll see if I can come across one. Friend invites don't work right now so I won't be able to criticize your land mine placement. I think I still have your gmail so if I come across one I'll send it.

It's hard to judge it against MC because we're playing an entirely different gametype right now but if I can I'll send one and you can judge for yourself.

Some things have fundamentally changed, some for the better some for the worse.