PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from this faceplate!!

goldeneyez9
03-31-2008, 02:48 PM

Seller is extremely rude and unhelpful. I asked for a picture of the back of the faceplate to see what is wrong with the power button and he refuses only stating that it is in "pristine" condition. After that first email he capitalizes every letter of every word in all emails as if I'm bothering him. He says the photographer just decided to take the pictures without the power button on. I tried to tell him that power buttons don't just come on and off at will and again he refuses to listen or provide a picture. Then when I say I'm not paying for the item... he can either cancel or I'll retract he claims his description is accurate and that I'm simply having buyers remorse (even though I haven't bought anything yet)... All of this time refusing to take the picture I want/need because he is too busy. I'm not sure how he got a 99.9% rating because he is both ignorant and rude and obviously doesn't understand a thing about what he's selling. To top it all off ebay is now suspending my bidding rights because of the retraction for 30 days. I don't have the time or desire to fight with ebay. They don't even bother to look at all the facts or why things happen. All they see is a number and figure that I'm trying to play the system or something. If they actually looked into it or even provided a damn form that let you explain why you were retracting they could do a much better job. I'm disgusted with their system and this whole mess.

To make a long story short... stay away from that civilization faceplate. It is a scam.

JakofallAces
03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
that sucks man i hope you can figure it all out

Nato King
03-31-2008, 05:29 PM
oh man I was looking at bidding on that faceplate. But now that you are saying all that. Hell no.

moltenluv
03-31-2008, 05:50 PM
That stinks that eBay suspended you. You forgot to mention the good citizen that pointed out the fact that the faceplate is photographed without a power button. Hmmmmm I wonder who that was :watchout: I just didn't wanna see you end up with an expensive piece of junk. I have been taken across by sellers already and it sucks big time. Didn't wanna see that happen to you too. Feel free to send me a faceplate as a reward for my good deed. LOL just kidding..........unless you really want to. Just as long as its not the Tropicana one or the Amsterdam one. Those two give me the heebie jeebies.

JakofallAces
03-31-2008, 06:07 PM
That stinks that eBay suspended you. You forgot to mention the good citizen that pointed out the fact that the faceplate is photographed without a power button. Hmmmmm I wonder who that was :watchout: I just didn't wanna see you end up with an expensive piece of junk. I have been taken across by sellers already and it sucks big time. Didn't wanna see that happen to you too. Feel free to send me a faceplate as a reward for my good deed. LOL just kidding..........unless you really want to. Just as long as its not the Tropicana one or the Amsterdam one. Those two give me the heebie jeebies.

moltenluv you rock i love your insane issues with those plates anyways BUT ITS ONLY GOING FOR 5 BUCKS i might just get it for the number on the back and pay like 20 bucks

goldeneyez9
03-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Well I assume I am suspended... the thing said I was, but that I'd receive and email, and I never did so we'll see. I think I'll just say the heck with ebay if they do. Not even looking into an issue is unacceptable.

moltenluv
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
moltenluv you rock i love your insane issues with those plates anyways BUT ITS ONLY GOING FOR 5 BUCKS i might just get it for the number on the back and pay like 20 bucks

I just speak the truth. Those are the 2 most fugly faceplates out there. I will never ever ever ever buy them. I don't care if they are the only 2 faceplates keeping me from owning every single faceplate ever made I still would not buy them. I even hate talking about them. I think I may have nightmares again............

JakofallAces
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
your lucky i am being appropriate right now before i would have been all over that...................sorry i am a loser and i know it

moltenluv
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Ummmmm all over what? I didn't realize I said anything bad.

goldeneyez9
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
I have the Amsterdam face staring at me right now. Hello Amsty! How are you?

It talks :yikes:

moltenluv
03-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I believe that. The scary kid on the plate probably winks at you when you aren't looking.

JakofallAces
03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I believe that. The scary kid on the plate probably winks at you when you aren't looking.

he undresses me with his eyes also he's dutch so he is about 3 feet taller than you and he has a wicked weird accent BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID