PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Memory

Razor70
03-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Has anyone else noticed on their Xbox that the blocks on theirs don't seem to go down? I have alot of music files and saves on mine and it still reads 50,000+ blocks free. But if you go into the saves area it says like Halo takes up 468 blocks, but it still says 50,000+ blocks. So what's up with that? Is there something wrong with my Xbox? Thanks guys.

Afro Aura
03-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Razor70
Has anyone else noticed on their Xbox that the blocks on theirs don't seem to go down? I have alot of music files and saves on mine and it still reads 50,000+ blocks free. But if you go into the saves area it says like Halo takes up 468 blocks, but it still says 50,000+ blocks. So what's up with that? Is there something wrong with my Xbox? Thanks guys.
Hey dude don't worry at least we don't have to run to the shops to get a new memory card every 2 seconds

khaos2005
03-06-2002, 05:09 PM
I have several entire CDs on my Xbox, and mine reads 50,000+. Nothing wrong with that at all! It is simply the best, I love not having to use memory cards. Their expensive and don't last long. There was a thread a while back about how many blocks it has, don't think anyone figured it out for sure though.

Afro Aura
03-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005
I have several entire CDs on my Xbox, and mine reads 50,000+. Nothing wrong with that at all! It is simply the best, I love not having to use memory cards. Their expensive and don't last long. There was a thread a while back about how many blocks it has, don't think anyone figured it out for sure though.
yeah and tell me you've never lost one or can't find the one with all you cool data on, yep I'm happy no searches though the house to find that one of my friends had taken it because he though that one was his and I've got his at my house yep so so happy laa laa laaa

manboy
03-06-2002, 06:31 PM
It always reads 50,000+ because it has yet to go below there. I am guessing that is th reason.

clownbow
03-07-2002, 06:06 AM
50,000 blocks equels 800meg, and i read some where that out of the 8 gig it has 6 gig spare for music and save games

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 08:44 AM
I don't think the music saves come out of that total. They are stored in a separate partition than your game saves. I believe that total only reflects the free space for your game saves.

JJaX
03-07-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I don't think the music saves come out of that total. They are stored in a separate partition than your game saves. I believe that total only reflects the free space for your game saves.

Thats not true. Because someone conducted a test to see how big the HD actually was. He took a CD and put it on his HD. THen he Duplicated it. THen duplicated, then duplicated that. (kinda like multiplying by powers)

He did this until the drive started to read less then 50,000+ until he got to 0. I forgot the Exact amount of Megs in turned out to be.

But the reason you cant see above 50,000 'blocks' is because the dashboard wasnt programmed to show it. For example if you know the size of your HD now on your PC and you go into WINFILE you'll notice it doesnt give you your total amount of free HD space available.

*Dashboard is the green screen you see whne theres no DISC in the xbox

*And for the slow, Click start > RUN > WINFILE