PDA

View Full Version : Game trading opinions...

khaos2005
03-06-2002, 05:49 PM
Just curious. Are you the kind of gamer that never trades or sells games in order to have the largest collection possible, or are you the kind of gamer that sells and trades games you don't like, don't play, or already beat, in order to buy more games and keep your collection in top order?

I can't tell what I am. I like my collections in the large numbers, but I suppose there is no point keeping games you don't play.

How about you?

wweomaniac
03-06-2002, 05:53 PM
I have never sold any games in my life. My games just pile up and collect dust.

REasons
1) stores don't give you any money
2) i've been lazy

but now i have an account at ebay and can sell games from there. When (or if :)) I ever truly get an XBOX game that I stop playing within a month, I can sell it on my ebay account. I already have 45 positive responses for selling other things. :)

redrum237
03-06-2002, 06:02 PM
i always trad in my games, ihad a total of 11 games, for xbox, now only 7

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 08:23 AM
I've only finished one of my games (Azurik) and I couldn't bear to part with it.

I don't own any games that I hate, though some I like better than others.

HaloUK
03-07-2002, 08:54 AM
Trade, trade, trade!! (as long as you can get a good price). I only keep the really good ones.

Highlite23
03-07-2002, 11:01 AM
My system is easy...

I buy all my games at Game Spot, that gives me 7 days to try them out. If it's a keeper i through out the reciept. If it's a dog, back i goes for full credit on another game.

This way my collection is full of games i like and no dust collectors, what's the point if you don't play it. Right.

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Well, I have never been known to trade my games, however, I actually did it with a couple of my XBox games. I actually traded Max Payne and Bloodwake in for store credit at Gamestop.

I really enjoyed Max Payne...cool game, but, I beat it on New York Minutes, the hardest mode and I feel that I probably wouldn't play it again. Unfortunately, it's not one of those games that presents a high level of replay value. Do I regret buying it? No way! Do I regret trading it? Not yet :D

As for Bloodwake, I happily traded that game in. I only played it for 2 hours at first and didn't like it. Then, I thought I would give it a stronger chance than just a measily 2 hours so I decided to play about 4 more hours after that....and, still, the game never became interesting to me.

This is my first time trading and it was pretty easy :) I want to makes sure that I have top notch games in my library!

By the way, Hugh...I will never trade Azurik!! Even if I never play it after I beat it! That game should belong in a trophy case for anyone who has beat it! I'm getting closer :)

mahalan
03-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Never traded a game but I could imagine selling one or two on Ebay sometime.

All of the games I've got right now seem like keepers with the exception of Max Payne. I'm only 2 acts into it so I don't really know for sure but it didn't have enough appeal for me to keep playing it instead of going on to PGR, Amped, DOA3, and JSRF. I honestly don't know if I'll ever get back to it so I may be better off just selling the thing.

Woocifer
03-07-2002, 03:34 PM
EB has been a tiny bit forgiving as of late for their trade in policy. It was 3 games within a certain time period(like released in 2002) for one game. But I've noticed for the Xbox releases, as of late, you can trade in 2(can't be on their exclusion list) and get the new one for free. It rocks...but I find that it can be costly, but it helped me get rid of some kyfe, for some really good games.

I traded Starfighter and Silent Hill 2 for Rallisport...tell me that isn't a cool deal.

Well....I thought so...

Anyway, if I'm bored or dont want a game, what use is it to you, and how much is it worth sitting on your shelf? Either you forget about the game or use it for like 20 bucks towards a new one. But that is an extreme case...like if you had UFC and beat it in minutes and get mad at everything for wasting cash on such a piece of trash.

And yes...yes I know I'm going to get all sortsa comments...I don't care cuz I think it's funny how personal people take it when I insult that game ;)

Take it easy!

FlyBoy
03-07-2002, 03:45 PM
Well, I live in the hills of Southern Ohio and there is nowhere to trade around here... however, I've been dishing them out and getting them in non-stop using the trade forums here on XBA. The way I see it, I pay 4 bucks to ship a game out, and I get another one in return. Its the same as renting. I own 6 games all together, but right now, 3 are in the middle of the system. HAHA, which means 3 of my games are in a mail truck somewhere and 3 are on their way to me!

I love XBA! Oh, and if I find a game I like, that goes in the no trade area... sometimes games are too good to dish.:cool:

aronx
03-07-2002, 04:17 PM
I've traded away all my games. I regret it sometimes because I would love to break out the nes and play some of those games again. I think I've learned my lesson now and will probably never trade another game or system ever again. Of course most games now have little or now replay value.