PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox Headphones

GMorrison
04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I ordered my Turtle Beach headphones last tuesday, the guy said that it was dispatched on April 3rd :[ I'm checking the local sorting office tomorrow but usually the post office leave a not saying that they couldn't deliver it :( I want my headphones!

JarkMan
04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
i have the turtle beach earforce X3 i just went to bestbuy and got mine they are amazing u will instantly fall in love with them but the only draw back is that they eat batteries like no others so i suggest u either buy a big pack of AAA batteries or go buy two 4 packs of AAA lithium batteries thats what i use and they last me about a month each

GMorrison
04-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I got Ear Force X1's ;)

JarkMan
04-09-2008, 07:28 PM
ahh those are good but not as good as the earforce X3 cause it doesnt have Dynamic Talkback so the voicechats from other players can get drowned out by the game sounds its not wireless so u have to plug it into the console for u to get power to the device unlike the X3 where u just need batteries and the game sounds are transmited wirelessly so overall the X3 PWNS the X1

GMorrison
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
The talkback feature I can agree pwns the X1, but the plugging in is not hard at all.

JarkMan
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
it might not be hard but i think it would be annoying to have a whire lay across ur entire body would get kinda annoying

JarkMan
04-12-2008, 06:35 PM
well u get them yet.. if u did do u love them! im a little angry at mine at the moment my dog ripped of one of the ear cushions i managed to save it and still use it but the little foam cover is gone and the plastic is touching my ear so i got replacement ear cups but they are charging me 22 Bucks for it lame! :sleeping:

Ainokeatoo
04-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Or hell, you know we could stick with the cheap 20 dollar head set that works fine and plug the 360 into a stereo or surround sound device ya know... But I don't want to deter you guys from wasting to much money LMAO.

JarkMan
04-13-2008, 01:05 PM
i would do that but my xbox is in a game room and my brother is in there and he would ***** and complain so i have my head set so i can hear my game over his constant wow playing

Ainokeatoo
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
i would do that but my xbox is in a game room and my brother is in there and he would ***** and complain so i have my head set so i can hear my game over his constant wow playing

Pffffft, **** him, plug that bad boy into a stereo system and shatter your brothers ear drums every time a grenade goes off LMAO. Really though, in my opinion, it sounds better on a stereo or surround sound device, although, I had the X1 headphones I think, I didn't like it, I liked it to the point that when I was playing games like RSV. I could hear people coming down the hall while i'm at the complete other side... But I could never hear anyone talking...

JarkMan
04-13-2008, 02:46 PM
yah thats a flaw in the X1 model but with the X3 it has a system that even if there is a REALLY loud explosion going on it will make the person whos talking voice louder then the explosion thats why i love it. i would do the stereo but i dont have enough room or the money to get the parts and install it lol plus i dont think my parents would let me

Ainokeatoo
04-13-2008, 05:02 PM
yah thats a flaw in the X1 model but with the X3 it has a system that even if there is a REALLY loud explosion going on it will make the person whos talking voice louder then the explosion thats why i love it. i would do the stereo but i dont have enough room or the money to get the parts and install it lol plus i dont think my parents would let me

What do you mean install it? Just get a regular radio with a red and white input thing on the back set it up around your tv and plug the Green Blue and red cables into the tv and voila o.o it works for mine. But the flaw with that headset though, is the annoying kids who don't shut the hell up, so, not only can you hear'em in both ears but they drown out the sound. What I did with the X1 was plug in a normal headset then put the X1 over it, worked like a charm, but only useful if you sit there for more than a half hour playing games.

JarkMan
04-13-2008, 06:53 PM
i know to do that but there is no room next to my tv cause its in a specialy built housing that sits in an old closet and there is no room anywhere near or behind it and with the annoying kids i just mute them lol

Not Green
04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
I also have the X3's and they are the best purchase that I have ever made. Especially if you are a COD player. You can hear the enemies footsteps and what direction they are coming from. Mine don't even eat batteries as much as other peoples. I highly suggest buying the X3's and I suggest buying them from buy.com. I got them alot cheaper than the actual site. I'm telling you, the game sounds amazing on these headphones and you won't be disappointed in the least. I guarantee it. :cool: