PDA

View Full Version : So we (xbox owners) are getting a WiiMote or something similar.

WynnFire
04-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Anyone looking forward to this? I'm not at the moment, we already have the Wii with it's gyration and the PS3 with it's crappy sixaxis.

Microsoft has recently licensed patents from Gyration, maker of those gesture mice we all know and don't really care about. Nintendo did the same back in 2001 in order to help develop their own Wiimote.

http://gizmodo.com/377855/more-xbox-360-wiimote-details-code-name-newton

CrazyCougar
04-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Hmmmm, interesting to say the least but I am not sure what we would do with a Xmote.... Future party game feature maybe??

mattgame
04-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I gotta admit it looks cool. It would have to be something that would work with FPS games. That's what butters the 360's bread, so how would that actually work I don't know. I'm with Crazy, maybe there is a party game that is on the horizon.

CrazyCougar
04-09-2008, 09:04 PM
You have to think that this may be as popular as the Vision Cam....[INSERT SARCASM]...lol

Slowride
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
how else are you going to play the upcoming flapjack series?

Variation-XBA
04-10-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't see it being a mainstream accessory this late in the game. If anything, possibly dev for the next system? I hope not but *shrug*

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-10-2008, 06:28 AM
It's gonna be with some party game, like wii-sports maybe just maybe

box-sports.. :D I wanna be in the Xbox Addict bowling team on live.. lol

mattgame
04-10-2008, 06:38 AM
It's gonna be with some party game, like wii-sports maybe just maybe

box-sports.. :D I wanna be in the Xbox Addict bowling team on live.. lol

Imagine that with the power of the 360! That would be hawt!!

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Imagine that with the power of the 360! That would be hawt!!

It be smart for, microsoft to attack that aspect. Cause as a person who knows, many many many people who owns the Wii, the thing they put use to the most are the funny little sport games it came with, not zelda or metroid, but the wii sports so if xbox did that with lets say Sega tennis and maybe like Sega bowling .. they could make millions with selling the special remote and the game packige if they market it correctly and dont make the damn thing like 100 bucks..
but with live being wat it is, and something like that.. there would be no stopping microsoft, for world domination, hahahahahahahahah :D

WillyV2
04-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't see it being a mainstream accessory this late in the game. If anything, possibly dev for the next system? I hope not but *shrug*

I think the idea of a Wiimote is a cool concept but I don't really see the point for a 360more or similar concept. Games, chat, whatever. If you want something like this, go buy a Nintendo Wii. Seriously. And besides, the novelty wears off extremely fast. I mean, sure some games probably have a great replay value and are a hell of a good time with the Wiimote, but all in all for me, it's the same thing over and over.

That's my two cents anyways.

SmartarseV2
04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Guys I think we're missing the big picture here...ball in a cup anyone?

It's been Mexico's favourite toy for over 340 years. Toss the ball, catch it in the cup. Dump it back out, toss it, and catch it again. The ball is on a string and attached to the cup so there's no harm if you don't catch a ball in a cup. And clean ups as easy as a ball in a cup. So why spend another day not catching a ball in a cup when you could be catching a ball in a cup!? Ball in a cup, ball in a cup, it's a ball...in...a...cup.

Coming to the 360 Q1 2009
Pre-order now for a free BIAC faceplate.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Guys I think we're missing the big picture here...ball in a cup anyone?

It's been Mexico's favourite toy for over 340 years. Toss the ball, catch it in the cup. Dump it back out, toss it, and catch it again. The ball is on a string and attached to the cup so there's no harm if you don't catch a ball in a cup. And clean ups as easy as a ball in a cup. So why spend another day not catching a ball in a cup when you could be catching a ball in a cup!? Ball in a cup, ball in a cup, it's a ball...in...a...cup.

Coming to the 360 Q1 2009

lol.. Where do I pre-order.

mattgame
04-10-2008, 08:55 PM

I'd rather play "Guard your nads from the bb gun pellets".

SmartarseV2
04-11-2008, 06:31 PM

Depends where you're from...I ordered mine from EB Games.

I'd rather play "Guard your nads from the bb gun pellets".

Let us know how that goes big fella...

Variation-XBA
04-11-2008, 11:14 PM

SOLD!!!!!!!

Omen28
05-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Meh, alright. I might use it.Ill just need to see more.

Steeps5
05-01-2008, 06:25 PM
ah, waste of money...

wicked_d365
05-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't think it will fly on the 360. To many hardcore gamers play 360 than anything. I have a Wii, but the only games I play on it are Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and House of the Dead(just got it). IF, big IF, Microsoft dose decide to try this, I hope they make it a little smoother than the Wii controls, if your too close it dosn't read right, if your to high or low to the bar it dosn't read right. Don't get me wrong, I like the Wii, but it could use a little work.

SpaceGhost2K
05-10-2008, 02:07 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

I can think of all kinds of uses for one, though. My favorite is in this video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SR3R_7yRJE

It starts at :41

Enamelized420
05-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah I don't know about this. would have to be good/great game to make it worth while to purchase. something along the lines of an XSports Game series may be what's in line for it but for other games it be interesting how to encompass that into the gameplay. Have to see where they go w/ it....

cadetchik
05-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Why don't they just putting cooking mamma three on the xbox with this new gadget, because IMO thats all the wii is good for, its a childrens console (I am not a hater, I own one myself)