PDA

View Full Version : New collector

mktackett
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Hello To All -

Let me start by saying that the collections you guys have built are amazing. I can only hope to get my hands on some of those plates. This site seems like the place to be for faceplate collectors

I'm new to this whole faceplate phenomenon, and I'm currently looking for unique faceplates that would look good on the 360 elite system. I have the Halo 3 special edition spartan green, black elite, silver microsoft faceplates.

Does anyone have any suggestions or available plates that would assist me in starting my collecting adventure?

Thanks for your assistance!

KatamariKutie
04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Welcome :) There are a few customizers that run around these forums. Spaceghost2k is probably the most common one, but he's running off to Seattle for awhile. Mypainteffects does some really awesome work too. Just look around the collectors corners and customizers corners and see if you like anything. Then you can talk to one of them about ordering it.

Nato King
04-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy yourself. If you have any question just ask we are all here to help. Also Check your PM

SpaceGhost2K
04-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi and welcome. :)

Yeah, I'll be gone for a week but I'll be checking in. This whole thing started because I did a "Design an Elite Faceplate" contest back when it launched.

What plates looks good on what system is as much a matter of taste as anything else. Some plates like the Tropicana Twister plate don't look good on ANYTHING, lol. I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure the gold Swedish launch plate would look good on anything. If Rosie O'Donnell wore one, she'd be hot. It's that awesome.

Look at the collections and then try and get one of the ones you like, or have someone make one for you with your ideas on it, or even give it a shot yourself. There's a thread with some tutorials about how to start of making a custom plate. It's not that hard and you can get as crazy as you want.

JakofallAces
04-12-2008, 04:57 PM
for some reason i am selling all my plates feel free to pm(private message) me if the need be for some rare beauties but be aware that they are not cheap some of the plates on this site in our collections go for about 500-1000 dollars

UNV Superkid
04-13-2008, 05:57 PM
welcome to the site, i myself have also recently started collecting, last month to be exact, if there is anything i can help with just let me know

hellonearth159
04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello and welcome...I'm another new collector though I'm thoroughly addicted.
It's great to see more people getting interested in faceplate collecting. This is great site for info and general advise.