PDA

View Full Version : What bugs me about those Inside Xbox streaming videos on XBL Marketplace

Mikewarrior
04-14-2008, 04:17 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Major_Nelson.jpg/416px-Major_Nelson.jpg

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1p-0_SEMQAskKM1Qmwu06UIJffKYNjG_Mj1P5CXsIQytLa_C3UH2pjPmM4aC1E4SGUsKNuWB4IZ4c

WTF... These people are the best Microsoft could come up with that represents the 360's gaming news? :confused:

Variation-XBA
04-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Concidering Major Nelson actually lets the community knows what's going on? Yea, they are doing awesome.

Oh wait I get it, you found a bad picture of each person and are trying to make a joke about how they look, which shows MS as bad....right?

Fail.

Mikewarrior
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
"Yea, they are doing awesome."

Yeah that's what you think... say that to most companies that promote a product & you'll get laughed at.

Looks & clear speech are important no matter what you say... Both Major Nelson & Trixie have this weird lisp thing going on... It drives me nuts! They look like middle aged people that THINK/ACT like they are cool.... I don't see anything cool about them. Looks & correct/clear speech go a long way in promoting a product... Especially if you show your face on XBL Marketplace videos.

WillyV2
04-14-2008, 05:23 PM

Yeah that's what you think... say that to most companies that promote a product & you'll get laughed at.

Looks & clear speech are important no matter what you say... Both Major Nelson & Trixie have this weird lisp thing going on... It drives me nuts! They look like middle aged people that THINK/ACT like they are cool.... I don't see anything cool about them. Looks & correct/clear speech go a long way in promoting a product... Especially if you show your face on XBL Marketplace videos.

As far as Major Nelson and Trixie are concerned, just because you don't like them, or don't think they are your type of "cool" doesn't mean others don't like them. The people putting such videos up, aren't dumb. If enough people complain about them, well then maybe they will do something about it.

If enough people like it, it will stay as is. Until then, put up with it.

SmartarseV2
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah that's what you think...

And this is what you think...

say that to most companies that promote a product & you'll get laughed at.

So what's the difference? You know what makes a good video and what doesn't, so why don't we see you on XBL? But with a name like Mikewarrior, it sounds like you're just a young guy that THINKS/ACTS like he's cool when I probably won't see anything cool about it.

And what's wrong with the pictures? Major Nelson is clearly giving a speech and is a little warm on stage, who wouldn't be? As for Trixie, it looks like she's enjoying a meal and rather large beer...to that I salute her. I for one don't look like a queen when I drink/eat.

I'm not sure why you decided to post this, it would make more sense to punch a bee's nest and stand there hoping not to be stung.

CrazyCougar
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Hmmm, and I wouldnt say Bill Gates is the most stunning character in the world. But ya know what, the guy is one of the most richest men in the world. How does that work into the equation of good looks sell? I'd say it doesnt and totally kills your theory MikeWarrior. Again, just looking for attention and the chance to create arguments on an Xbox fan site. I think your tenure at XBA is starting to fade. Whoah, look I can see the future!

SmartarseV2
04-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Whoah, look I can see the future!

But if you're ugly...who cares what talent you have? :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Well when Sony has community members that actually give updates to the people about whats commign up and going on, then we can start comparing. Other than that, you are simply postying something that belongs on a blog imo.

Ry
04-14-2008, 08:02 PM
The only thing I dont like is when it buffs and you miss what they say :(

Ainokeatoo
04-14-2008, 11:32 PM

Major Nelson and Trixie have been a large part of the Xbox live community for a long time, Major Nelson constantly updates us on what's going on with XBL what we should look and keep an eye out for. Trixie is also a large part of XBL as she coordinates game nights and gaming events along with a few select other things for women gamers, in which there are few women that take games as seriously as any other person along with the casual gamers. Thanks to these two people XBL has taken leaps and bounds thanks to these two people along with others.

lmao sometimes ya gotta guess...

Reclaimer
04-15-2008, 02:35 AM
I guess I'm old and ugly. I don't understand what the point of this thread is.

cadetchik
04-15-2008, 05:16 AM

Yea, that is so annoying, I also hate it when It just stops to catch up with itself, I usually get like zoned it and it annoys me a little >_<

As for what they look like, who gives a hell? They play games, they are cool you don't have to look cool to be 'cool'. They could have a troll announcing things and I really woldn't care, they are still giving me all the hottest gossip and coolest news on new games, map packs, themes etc. In the end its what you skill you have not the looks that count IMO.

DozertheDozaria
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I guess I'm old and ugly. I don't understand what the point of this thread is.

I'm feelin' ya there, Reclaimer...

As for what they look like, who gives a hell? They play games, they are cool you don't have to look cool to be 'cool'. They could have a troll announcing things and I really woldn't care, they are still giving me all the hottest gossip and coolest news on new games, map packs, themes etc. In the end its what you skill you have not the looks that count IMO.

You're right as well, cadetchick... Who gives a damn what they look like. If I wanted models playing my games, I'd watch Spike TV... But I don't because I don't.

Mikewarrior, I really tried to give ya the benefit of the doubt on the other thread where you posted all the things that could be improved. And here, I wanna think that you're not doing exactly what Cougar said you were doing. But the more I read your posts, the more it seems like you are just trying to rile people up here. Really, it's not necessary.

I tend to agree with Var...

Other than that, you are simply postying something that belongs on a blog imo.
It's a blog topic.

But hey, who am I to judge...

Ciao,
Dozer

Not Green
04-15-2008, 09:50 AM
I never thought we would get a kid to join Xbox Addicts that hates Xbox and Microsoft so badly...Maybe he will create Playstationaddict.com...This is maybe the most pointless post I have ever seen. You post two pictures of people living life and say that they are failures. No Buddy, you are the failure. It seems to me that Xbox and Microsoft are doing just fine. Therefore, these people are just living life and enjoying it. Unlike yourself, who gets on this site and just slams Xbox in any way that you can. Enjoy your stay here, while it lasts...

Mikewarrior
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Hmmm, and I wouldnt say Bill Gates is the most stunning character in the world. But ya know what, the guy is one of the most richest men in the world. How does that work into the equation of good looks sell? I'd say it doesnt and totally kills your theory MikeWarrior.

WRONG! Bill gates got his Billions by stealing ideas & monopolizing the market by hurting smaller companies so that there isn't any competition. He didn't need to show his face or talk to sell an item. HOWEVER, Major Nelson & Trixie DO show their unattractive faces & talk with a speech impediment on XBL marketplace to promote the 360. Now how many companies look for unattractive/speech impediment having people to promote their product… You think that’s smart?

CrazyCougar
04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Now how many companies look for unattractive/speech impediment having people to promote their product… You think that’s smart?

Its gotten your attention now hasnt it? I guess they accomplished what they setout to do.

Mikewarrior
04-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Its gotten your attention now hasnt it? I guess they accomplished what they setout to do.

No, I don't think they want me to think about the unattractive/lisp having people over the product... I don't think they are selling Jerry Springer episodes here.

WillyV2
04-15-2008, 05:49 PM
No, I don't think they want me to think about the unattractive/lisp having people over the product... I don't think they are selling Jerry Springer episodes here.

You realize that just because you don't like these videos, that there are tons of people who do right? That's why they are still playing them.

Mikewarrior
04-15-2008, 05:57 PM
You realize that just because you don't like these videos, that there are tons of people who do right? That's why they are still playing them.

lol, it's not like Microsoft will go out of business by these Inside Xbox videos... They still do them because they want to.

WillyV2
04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
lol, it's not like Microsoft will go out of business by these Inside Xbox videos... They still do them because they want to.

Well, then what's the big deal?

CrazyCougar
04-15-2008, 06:06 PM
And most people....MOST people...appreciate both Trixie and Major for what they do and provide regardless of looks. Then we have folks like your self Mike...Well, you sir are in a category of your own.

If MS had an issue with either of them, they wouldnt be doing the spot promos, the community events, the shows, etc. So obviously MS is quite pleased with the work they do despite your biased opinion which in general is not felt by most of the community.