PDA

View Full Version : Two new autographed plates

SpaceGhost2K
04-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Dr. Demento:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/drdementosigned.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/drdementosig.jpg

Taj Mahal and his wife, Anna DeLeon, who was the person who actually etched the original picture that I painted on the plate. Woot!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/tajmahalsigned.jpg

She said I did a good job reproducing the etching that that I was indeed an artist. ( :) ) She did say that he didn't look as happy as the original though. ( :( ). When she did the original, UCLA was a really politically volatile place. Lots of students printed their etchings and hung them up, and the three she did for Taj were all slashed. She had to rush this one, and hang it up and take it down quickly.

JakofallAces
04-19-2008, 09:22 PM
nice spacey i am glad you were able to get those signed now Tacos jealous

UNV Superkid
04-19-2008, 11:06 PM
thats kool man, congrats

gameking28
04-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Those are awesome man! I'm really bummed I didn't get to meet up with you guys (again)! I feel like such a flake but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I was about 10 minutes away when my girlfriend (who was supposed to come with me) called and sounded like she was on her deathbed. I offered to call meals on wheels for her but no dice. :rofl:
I went back home thinking I could take care of her really quick and then catch you guys after the event but I didn't feel comfortable leaving her alone after I saw her - she's got one nasty bug and no one is around at her place this weekend.
So here's the deal - she feels bad for making me miss meeting you guys and I feel bad for having stood you up twice. My semester ends in 3 weeks (thank God!) and we're going to either drive or take the train up there and finally make this happen. That way I can deliver the E305 too - it still hasn't arrived. :cuss:

SpaceGhost2K
04-20-2008, 01:03 PM
That sounds good to me.

KK has a test down in LA on Wednesday afternoon at 1 PM. I don't know what your schedule is so I don't know if we could work out a pre- or post- meeting.

gameking28
04-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Hmmm... I get out of class at noon. I think that will work! What part of LA?

KatamariKutie
04-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Hmmm... I get out of class at noon. I think that will work! What part of LA? Its in downtown LA to the best of my knowledge. S spring street - a few blocks away from the LA world trade towers. We can always meet someplace else though - after I'm done passing my test. Then we can all go celebrate :)

JakofallAces
04-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Its in downtown LA to the best of my knowledge. S spring street - a few blocks away from the LA world trade towers. We can always meet someplace else though - after I'm done passing my test. Then we can all go celebrate :)

count me in i have a long weekend

gameking28
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
lol come on out Jak! :)
Well my schedule is clear so count me in!

JakofallAces
04-20-2008, 11:09 PM
lol come on out Jak! :)
Well my schedule is clear so count me in!

wanna lend me 500 bucks for airfair and lodging or better i could stay wit you YAY:rofl:

wicked_d365
04-21-2008, 07:43 AM
They look awsome, glad you were able to get them autographed like you planned. Their gonna look good in your collection.

JarkMan
04-21-2008, 03:58 PM
i wish i could but im only 17 and i highly doubt my parents will let me meet up with a bunch of people i met online :'(

SpaceGhost2K
04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
What parents wouldn't allow their 17 year old son to go meet a college student, an artist and a massage therapist in downtown LA on a school day?

Sheesh.

JakofallAces
04-21-2008, 05:13 PM
What parents wouldn't allow their 17 year old son to go meet a college student, an artist and a massage therapist in downtown LA on a school day?

Sheesh.

*parent* and mine cya at six (your time):rofl:

JarkMan
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM

Sheesh.

unfortunately mine wont just cause u going so far for me to drive they would need to figure out where im going how long im gonna be gone and when im gonna be home :'( ... but if u guys where to come closer to me i would easily be able to go

gameking28
04-21-2008, 07:20 PM

Sheesh.

:rofl: This is starting to sound like a sitcom.
If I were your parents I wouldn't let you go out to meet strangers you met online either. Even if they are super awesome like us. ;)

Darth BW
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm new to the site and wanted to post a few pics of custom plates I've done but the file size is to big. Any help would be great

Darth BW
04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Here are a few pics at my custom plates, they're not quite as fancy as some I've but they are my first try. Any feedback would be very helpful. The Stormtrooper plate is done with tiny dots, there are no solid lines.

Darth BW
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Stromtrooper

JarkMan
04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
well u can start ur own thread and upload those photos to photobucket or imageshack and then post the IMG code in the post but that's a really nice plate must have taken forever to get all those dots just right and welocme to the site enjoy ur stay

SpaceGhost2K
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Photobucket accounts are free. You can set the size at 600x800 and if your pics are larger than that, they'll shrink them when you upload them (not the originals, just the file on photobucket). Then definitely start a thread with "Darth BW's Customs" in the title. Make sure it's in the Customs forum. And as you get plates done, stick 'em up in there.

The Stormie is very cool. :D

SpaceGhost2K
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
By the way, you know what I like best about that plate? It doesn't look like any other plate I've seen. All the hundreds and probably thousands of plates out there, the fact that someone can show up with one that doesn't look atything at all like any of the others is what I love the most about this hobby.