PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want SOUL CALIBER 2?

CALzinger
03-06-2002, 07:25 PM
I have loved Soul Caliber for the dreamcast and I just love fighting games, mostly cause I'm Asian and all asians love fighting games. Besides that, I think Soul Caliber 2 will be amazing for the xbox. Anyone else think it will be great or will happen? or will it just be another dreamcast/ps2 port game that falls to bits?

Cottrau
03-07-2002, 02:03 PM
If it's as good as the first one, I don't think I'll be able to get far enough away from it. I don't know what all the buzz about the first one on the dreamcast was. I thought it was craptacular, and definitely not as good as its successor and rival, Dead or Alive 2.

xbox own$ j00.

MasterToki
03-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Well, i love both games ('m not asian but i love fighting games, specially 3D ones).

I hope xbox version of SC2 beats all other consoles in graphics. I don't think gameplay could be better. I think Namco take a lot of care gameplay, cause it's 'a' STRONG point (else 'the') of SC. So, surely it'll be identical beetween all consoles.

y2kash_14
03-21-2002, 09:43 PM
I would MUCH rather have a Tekken game for the Xbox. I loved Soul Calibur but i loved Tekken 3 even more. I am hoping Namco brings Tekken 4 to the box along with Soul Calibur 2. hmmm, Tekken 4, DoA 3, Virtua Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat DA, Soul Calibur, year of the Fighting Games it seems.:D

y2kash_14
03-21-2002, 09:48 PM
While we are on the Fighting Game Subject, anyone who reads EGM, have you seen the April issue where they mention a Capcom vs. Dragon Ball Z game? It sounds like crap to me. I mean i love the whole Capcom 2D fighters (my fav is Capcom vs. SNK), but i think the DBZ idea is going to bring them down. DBZ games were never really good, geuss we'll just have to wait and find out..........

MasterToki
03-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Aak! Tekken sucks! :(

JJaX
03-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Cottrau
If it's as good as the first one, I don't think I'll be able to get far enough away from it. I don't know what all the buzz about the first one on the dreamcast was. I thought it was craptacular, and definitely not as good as its successor and rival, Dead or Alive 2.

xbox own$ j00.

Your a moron.
Soul calibur was and is the greatest fighter ever. End of story. You cant even begin to cpmpare DOA's weak ass game play to SC.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8904&highlight=beat+challenge

Heres a good read for REAL fighting fans.

SOUL CALIBUR 2 WILL OWN ALL!!!!

Nato King
03-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Your a moron.
Soul calibur was and is the greatest fighter ever. End of story. You cant even begin to cpmpare DOA's weak ass game play to SC.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8904&highlight=beat+challenge

Heres a good read for REAL fighting fans.

SOUL CALIBUR 2 WILL OWN ALL!!!!

I agree with you JJaX Soul Caliber 2 will rule.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-27-2002, 11:11 PM
I definately agree that Soul Calibur 2 will drop kick DOA3 to a different shelf, or in that box of old crap that Toys R Us has in the corner...DOA3 made the mistake of not having a solid story or purpose for fighting..i mean dam...what kinda story is "Who is Genra"?!?...and why the hell are there no unlockables in the game!?, and WTF is up with not being able to use
G-A-Yra...*cough*..i mean GENRA after you kick his slow ass all over that dusty ass stage!

Anyways the point is SOUL CALIBUR will rule the fighting Genre untill the DOA series smartens up, and makes its boring gameplay just as eyedropping, flawless and intriguing as its GRAPHICS!

"DOA3 has been drawn, quartered and measured, and has been found wanton"
-Gravedigger:mad:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

samslophead
03-27-2002, 11:35 PM
Good call GRAVEDIGGER; DOA3 did seem kind of lacking on the whole plot end. It was nice looking, but it didn't keep my attention very long. On the other hand, Soul Calibur has some substance. It had better music, MUCH BETTER CHARACTERS, and it is just cooler. Soul Calibur is a full blown kick in the pants, whereas DOA3 is just limp-wristed sissy slap.

I can't wait until SC2 comes out........I am getting it right away, and I am not even that big into fighting games. Just answer this question for me....WHY AREN'T THEY KEEPING MAXI IN THE GAME.......HE'S MY FAVORITE!!!!

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
While we are on the Fighting Game Subject, anyone who reads EGM, have you seen the April issue where they mention a Capcom vs. Dragon Ball Z game? It sounds like crap to me. I mean i love the whole Capcom 2D fighters (my fav is Capcom vs. SNK), but i think the DBZ idea is going to bring them down. DBZ games were never really good, geuss we'll just have to wait and find out..........

what do u mean that DBZ games were never good?! sure, some of the best did not come out in the States. well, i guess that its just me... i played DBZ:hyper dimension for about a year and a half straight, every night, one hour. i sometimes play it even now when i am really ****ed off at my xbox, for dying all those times in halo... after all of that playing, i can kick anyone's ass with any level of health (except for under 100) and stats for me or u. i really go overboard with these fighting games. i went nuts over DOA3 and mostly likely will over SC2. but here's the thing, i never played the original SC. please don't yell, but i was 15 when Dreamcast came out and had no friends that had it and parents would not let me own a "to-date" system.

MasterToki
03-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Well, well...

I love SC. Also, i love DOA. Each game have its own rol. One is weapon based, the other is hand to hand fight. It makes nobody can jugde both games from the same point of view.

I love SC cuz' it's a VERY WELL BALANCED 3d game, it has a excellent gameplay, awesome fighters 'n motions, great graphics, and original and interesting history. I get a lot of pleasure avoiding attack with 8 way running 'n side stepping, and attacking with a great variety of moves. Also, sometimes using powerfull unblockeable attacks 'n seriuos throws. And the best: guard impact system. GI makes SC balanced.

I remember i was more than 72 hours hooked to my DC when a bought SC. :eek:

I love DOA (since 2) cuz' its ANIME SHADE. I enjoy so much story clips beetwen fights (SC almost never use clips, Tekken: never. VF: don't know). I agree with DOA history isn't so deep nor original, but the drama beetwenn for ninjas is exciting.

Also, i love DOA cuz' it has a very good action: beautifull combos, fighters, motions, graphics, and stages (an interaction with these). I agree with the epithet: FAST 'N FURIOUS. I get a lot of pleasure doing long combos for each martial style. VF neither Tekken has long combos. Beaking those combos with revelsals also give pleasure to me. It's REALLY GOOD, you almost never be submitted by opponets attacks . When i play tekken i feel to me hand tie and impotence, enclosed in a small box. Few fighter have revelsals in tekken... And i haven't talk on tag battles... It's the best!

But, finally, i cant say would not add anything to SC ;) but new moves, story clips, long combos, complex stages. And all these seems to be already added in next version (SC2). I haven't thinked about a tag mode in SC yet. Surely SC2 WILL RULE. In the other hand, i would add few things to DOA (gameplay): better 3D moving in order to avoid attacks, to let throws acts on stuned opponents and normal attack to hit ground opponents. Also, i would enjoy a still better use of history (or a better one).

Oh, i forgot... I want SC to add Toki as new character. Does anybody know who Toki is? :cool:

JJaX
04-01-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by MasterToki
I remember i was more than 72 hours hooked to my DC when a bought SC. :eek:

We got like 200+ hours on my SC memonry card :eek:

MasterToki
04-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

We got like 200+ hours on my SC memonry card :eek:

Excuse me, i meant:

'I remember i was more than 72 consecutive hours (3 days) hooked to my DC when a bought SC (playing SC, for sure). I stopped playing only to go kitchen and bath.'

I've never checked my SC memonry card hours... :rolleyes:

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by MasterToki

Excuse me, i meant:

'I remember i was more than 72 consecutive hours (3 days) hooked to my DC when a bought SC (playing SC, for sure). I stopped playing only to go kitchen and bath.'

I've never checked my SC memonry card hours... :rolleyes:

Dam son..72 consecutive HRS?!?..well more power to ya man..lol..dam thats almost unfathomable!

Untill next time...:mad:

xbaaddict
04-03-2002, 07:26 PM
man i loved the first sc im getting this one for sure

No Fear 23
04-03-2002, 11:15 PM
im not a big fan of fighting games, but its sweet tho:eek:

stilly
04-04-2002, 06:40 AM
soul calibur was best the fighting game on any console, if soul calibur 2 is half as good, it'll still thrashing doa3. i borrowed doa2 for the dc, to see if it was worth getting for me xbox, after havin soul calibur for 1 year i was pretty use to it, (notice i never said bored) i stuck doa2 in and after half an hour had beat the end boss,yawned and never played it again, and never bought it for the xbox, my point is i have played all major fighting games, virtua fighter 1 to 3, (very good, better then doa3, but not as pretty) tekken, fighters destiny, mortal combat and none of them come near soul calibur, so the only fighter i'm gonna get, (well the first) is soul calibur 2, if it has as many modes as the first one, you get a game that has majorly long lifespan, and as long as you have an xbox, you'll have soul calibur2, that i promise, doa3 better then soul calibur, what a larff. if it goes online then prepare for pain.

MasterToki
04-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by stilly
... if it goes online then prepare for pain.

Wow! Yes! That's unquestionable. If SC goes online all other 3D fighting games that goesn't WILL DIE. Online gaming is a STRONG point for a fighting game, a BIG advantage, a reason to keep everyone focused in THAT game. Wich fighting game will be first online? I don't MK5 neither SC2. I think we must to wait the (or a) next fighting games generation.

Liquid Gears
04-10-2002, 10:30 PM
I sure hope Maxi & Kilik. They were the best guys in the first one and the most popular. They are like the only reason I am looking forward to the second one. The were pretty much the only good thing about the first one. If they are in the new Soul Calibur, then for sure it's a buyer. But, if they aren't. Then they better have some new characters that are as good as Maxi & Kilik, and if they don't. Then forget about it!!! Also, I sure hope they have added counter moves in the new game. It would make the game a lot more interesting.Think about it. COUNTER MOVES with WEAPONS!!!!!!! COOL!!!!

stilly
04-11-2002, 02:02 AM
Maxi & Kilik. yep they will be there, plus some new ones, but i don't reckon they were the best characters, i prefered mitsurgi, and cervantes, when in my hands they where death masters, and there was counter moves in da first, when you pressed a, and pushed down, just as they where attacking, you could parry the blow,(you'd get that green bang effect) and then inflict damage. but any improvement on the first will be just that an improvement on perfection.

Liquid Gears
04-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Maxi & Kilik are in it!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!! It's A BUYER!! I sure hope they have unigue weapons in it like a chain stalf or siys. I thjink ity would be cool if one character could choose between like 3 different weapons at the beginning of a match. You know, like you could earn up to 3 weapons in the game for each character. That would be neat!!

GokuX
04-13-2002, 07:01 AM
I hope a decent arcade stick comes out before then.

y2kash_14
04-13-2002, 09:24 PM
huh? i thought Maxi died at the end of Soul Calibur, and then Kilik and the girl were doing the whole "no Maxi hold on" thing, and when he died Kilik threw Maxi's Nun Chucks in the ocean.

stilly
04-15-2002, 06:28 AM
i think they all fackin die, in one way or another, i lost track of the story endings. couldn't really call it a story,plus there was two different endings, a soon as was over (ie i thrashed inferno, iwas wanting the next bout to start.) one thing though the game i had had no instructions, and i never sussed out want the soul charge did, expect make them go all flashy colours, did it do anything!!.

JJaX
04-15-2002, 08:31 AM
Maxi has not been confirmed....

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2855603,00.html

Characters officially confirmed by Namco so far are as follows: Xianghua, Kilik, Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cassandra, Taki, Ivy, Yung Tsung, and Tarim.

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 06:46 PM
That's OK, Kilik was my main character anyway. I'm still gonna get this one!

Ukyo
05-07-2002, 03:23 PM
I don't know how Namco is going to continue the story. Several characters who died at the end of SC are returning for SC2. Go figure.

Regardless, Kilik is coming back for more ownage! Can't wait!

Unreal
05-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger
I have loved Soul Caliber for the dreamcast and I just love fighting games, mostly cause I'm Asian and all asians love fighting games. Besides that, I think Soul Caliber 2 will be amazing for the xbox. Anyone else think it will be great or will happen? or will it just be another dreamcast/ps2 port game that falls to bits?
I love Soul Calibur for my Dreamcast as well but for some reason I do not see Namco taking advantage of my system of choice like they did with the DC. I am sure its going to be a great game but I think that Dead Or Alive 3 will always be my fighter of choice as of now. I am hoping that Namco takes advantage of the Xbox but with the game going multi platform I do not see it happening :(

Gillaga
05-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Judging from the latest screenshots, the game still looks very pretty. And Xbox is likely to have the cleanest looking version. We'll see. Maybe Kakuto Chojin will be the best fighting game on Xbox. It's having a long development time and is being made exclusively for the box.

--Gillaga

JJaX
05-08-2002, 10:39 AM
check out some SC2 movies at

http://www.guardimpact.com

Liquid Gears
05-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CALzinger

If you look through the other SC2 threads you can see that we've already been through this before.

And heII yeah, I'm buying SC2 for sure!!!!

CALzinger
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
could SC2 possibly out beat DOA4, tekken, or virtua fighter?

just an opinion

i loved doa3, all it could use are some power ups and specials

DVDGNZ
05-09-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Gillaga
Judging from the latest screenshots, the game still looks very pretty. And Xbox is likely to have the cleanest looking version. We'll see. Maybe Kakuto Chojin will be the best fighting game on Xbox. It's having a long development time and is being made exclusively for the box.

--Gillaga

I have high hopes for Kakuto Chojin! The people behind the Tobal games is behind it! Kakuto will have the best hit detection and realism of any fighting game ever! Can't wait.

SpartanSniper
06-06-2002, 11:13 AM
I've been waiting for it for a LONG time. I beat the 1st game with Nightmare a good 50 times.:cool: :D :cool:

~ SpartanSniper
(P.S.- Nightmare RULES)

faceoff508
06-10-2002, 05:07 PM
I want it!! it will be a cool game!