PDA

View Full Version : Bulking out my Original XBOX Library

Thomas_Bunny
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone else was still into the original XBOX. I am close to finishing my XBOX collection. I stumbled on a copy of Crimson Sea yesterday which is a pretty rare game, and found a new copy of Kill Switch in a bargain bin.

The last game I really want and then I am essentially done is Fatal Frame. I have 100 games and pretty much have the best of the best the XBOX had to offer and some of the under appreciated gems and a few not so great but rare games. It was a great machine and maybe didn't have the depth of the PS2 as far as games were concerned, but I had a lot of fun with it. I also bought a new sealed XBOX for a hundred a few months back since I had already invested so much into the games and b/c on the 360 is not that great.

BTW, I got my xbox on midnight launch day party and it still works perfectly, so I have a soft spot for the ol' XBOX.

Now it's time to start building my 360 collection. :)

Love to hear if there are still any other Original XBOX fans around.

David Creech
05-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I must admit, I sold my Xbox almost as soon as I got the 360. Playing in HD did it for me, was no longer interested in non-HD platforms period. I even run my PC on my HD tv, makes all the difference in the world.

Variation-XBA
05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
^^ Look at my avatar.

I still have all my xbox games too

ncman071
05-03-2008, 12:36 AM
i still collect for my original xbox. i also tend to trade in quite a few sometimes depending on the 360 game i want. but right now i have around 40 or so original xbox games.

tsrdawg
05-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Aw man, give yourself a pat on the back!

I still rock my original box AND the Duke controller...in terms of reliability, the original box is superior...Reclaimer has said the xbox is bulletproof..With that said, who the heyo wants to spend upwards of $500 for something that could break within 18 months?...I've read a few stories about folks who have been thru 5 xbox2's...

I've had my boxes since launch...I've upgraded 1 DVD drive in almost 7 years. no RROD, no overheating, no sparring with MS customer service...

I just dusted off moto gp, crimson skies, outlaw golf 2, and nfl 2k5...I just found DOA 3 on amazon for 6 bux!...hell yeah!

The original xbox nation is still here...we're waiting for MS to fix all the xbox2 design flaws (we dont like paying 70 bux for new games either:yikes:).

Thomas_Bunny
05-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh, so there is a few xbox lovers left. I have a 360Elite as well, but I play my XBOX more, except for when I bought Mass Effect - that was an awesome game.

My favorite game on XBOX was Phantom Dust. I almost didn't get the game based on the reviews and the gameplay vids looked kind of boring, but what a great game. Anyone who didn't try that game is missing out - although I can see it being a love it or hate it type of game. The biggest disappointment was HALO2 - the single player was such a let down , that I haven't even bothered renting HALO3.

I love the duke controller (I have 3), though I am finally getting used to the new smaller controller on the 360 - wireless is nice though.

The one nice thing about the 360 though is that it is not getting games watered down by an inferior PS2 - that was probably the biggest problem with the XBOX, getting graphically downgraded games as ports from PS2. Also, not having strong japanese RPG support hurt as well.

Does anyone know if there is still an active original XBOX live community and if so what are they playing? Halo2 I guess?

SamSmith
05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I think I still have my old one lying around somewhere... It's spraypainted, cracked... due to the amount of times it fell, half melted for some reason.... and it still works.

Variation-XBA
05-10-2008, 03:08 AM
I still rock my original box AND the Duke controller.

+10 awesome points.

DUKES FOR LIFE