PDA

View Full Version : Official THPS3 Thread

maneatingcow
03-06-2002, 11:19 PM
This is the official Tony Haw Pro Skater 3 Thread.

Post your impressions + questions here.

Punkbob
03-07-2002, 01:52 AM
It's the best THPS so far. The last one I played was THPS 2 on PSX. I love how smooth the game is. I'm also glad they utilized the custom soundtrack feature because in this type of game, it's a must.

JJaX
03-07-2002, 10:50 AM
I picked up THPS3 last night and its everything you would want from a tony hawk game and some. The revert and manual specials really open up the game for some serious Combos. Plus tapping Up twice real fast coming off a ramp or vert makes the skater push off for some extra height. Plus skating around to my own Beats is a Plus. Dam this game is cool. (this time around theres music when you play horse! Horaaaay!)

If you a THPS fan, you gotta get this.

MaddenFanatic
03-07-2002, 10:54 AM
I thought my next buy was going to be JSRF but i have been a tony hawk fan since the get and i have to reamin faithful--
look for my review tomorrow--

Azazel
03-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Picked it up last night as well. I love it. Its definetly a must have game, especially when you have a few buddys over.

Didnt care for the soundtrack, so I just ripped my own.

DT21
03-07-2002, 04:59 PM
How's the load time in the game cause OXM said that they were irritating? Just wanted to know if it's that bad.

Loner
03-07-2002, 05:38 PM
is there opions for online play, through either microsofts future online servers or through gamespy?

DT21
03-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Loner
is there opions for online play, through either microsofts future online servers or through gamespy?
You could probably play it on gamespy since you could w/ THPS2x.

goingwreckless
03-07-2002, 09:55 PM
im going to get it but i am buying oddworld from a friend half price [$25] sooo its gonna take me until may until i get it

dougi3000
03-09-2002, 12:52 AM
The game seems to suffer from "console-portitis."

graphically, the game looks almost exactly like the gamecube and PS2 version. You "improved" texture detail is miniscule, the models look the same too.

featurewise, only 2 player split-screen, load times aplenty (didnt use hardrive), long time player switching, and "save game? yes. Save to Harddrive? YES! Saving game! GOD!!!...." Of course you want to save that game on the harddrive, and it takes fricken long to save too. And when you boot up the game, "searching memory cards and harddrive for more recent save game...", "Found game", "Loading...." Jeebus!! takes forever! Is the HDD really as slow as a PSX memory card??!?? The only thing different is custom music, and LAN play.

gameplay, same as the others. no other comments..

Viridus
03-09-2002, 02:53 PM
umm. i don't know what your talking about. the loading times are not bad at all. Less than 10 secs to load a level. At the begining its like 5 seconds max.

There are no loading problems... maybe you should clean out any unecessary saves u have on your HD. like unwanted songs, save games that u don't play no more. etc. Might speed things up a bit,

-viridus

Blade
03-10-2002, 11:26 PM
IT has got to have four player split screen.... it says 1-4 players on the back of the box for god's sakes...

cookie
03-11-2002, 03:09 PM
the problem that I have had with the game is when you go to make a character, it takes so long for each item to change when you select it, it is extremely irritating. Other than that the level loads are pretty quick and the game is all around great.

Afro_Boy
03-11-2002, 09:54 PM
yeah the load times are actually pretty good atleast i thought. the pickin through clothes does get a little annoying but i dont really mess with it. one thing that bothers me is there is no list of all the gaps...that was great tring to find every gap in the game..it felt like that is when you truelly beat the game, another thing is i like having to unlock tricks and buy them and stuff in thps 3 you start with all of them i think..plz tell me if im wrong. but thps3 gets like a 4.99 in my book.

C++
03-12-2002, 04:14 PM
like most others, i played this game on the PS2 late last year and loved it. The XboX version lives up to my high expectations of what this series should offer. i never got around to buying this game on the PS2 so now that i hvae my XboX this is a nice addition to my library. And of course the new level and the new hidden character make this the preferred version of this great game. my only real complaint is the lag time in the Creat-A-Skater mode. every time i put a new item on my skater the console takes a few seconds longer to pull the infomation off the disc that the other version. Aside from that one little gripe this is a great game that i would recommend to anyone who owns a Box and if you are a multi-console gamer like me then you may wanna trade in your PS2 version so you can get hold of the extra character and level.

God loves all of you

Jon27
03-16-2002, 04:26 PM
the best thing about this game is it reminds you just how lucky we are.

What would it be like if Microsoft never joined the console wars and we were stuck with the crappyness of the playstation. These xbox graphics are supposed to have immensely better graphics then the other versions of THPS3, can you imagine a game with immensely worse graphics then those horrible ones found on the xbox version? Im so glad xbox came along to save me from the japs, thank you Microsoft.

the THPS3 game lets you reflect on how nice it is to have immensely better graphics

Romo28
03-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Well, from the observations that I have made in the 20 hours, ive played it so far, the grafics (at least the environment aspect) are pretty much the same since they were ported over. But the extra xbox exclusive "oil rig" level is incredable.

It is off the heezy fo' sheezy:D

Especially the wayer on the bottom, just amazing.