PDA

View Full Version : Official Rallysport Challenge Thread

-WorldSpawn-
03-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Man this game rocks! Way better than PGR in my mind. I almost crapped my pants when I saw a herd of Zebra run by in the desert track :) I'll post back later when I've played for more than 30 min :P

VAN
03-06-2002, 05:05 PM
Funny. That should be contained in the promos for the game.

-Rallisport Challenge-

"Stunning visuals!" - EGM

"Amazingly detailed vehicles and landscapes!" - Gamepro

"I almost crapped my pants!" - Some guy on a message board

Huckleberry
03-06-2002, 05:35 PM
fortunately i read this thread before playing my shiny new copy of rallisport. i called saturday night live, ordered a box of "Oops, I crapped my pants", and was all prepared for my first sight of zebra herds.

this game is awesome...i grew up driving on gravel roads in rural illinois during the time when daisy duke was keeping me up nights. now i live in a concrete and blacktop wasteland. this takes me back to the days of 4 wheel drifts, bootleg reverses, and jumping my parent's car over any little bump i could get airborne from.

...great game...!

greggp666
03-06-2002, 06:43 PM
I just got rallisport and i must say its fun,hard but fun.i only played it for 20 min so far and i think its a good game to pick and play.ice racing is really cool making the a$$ end of the car slid all around.just good old fun.:)

AlBoogy
03-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Thanx for your early impressions gregg. Dont pay any attention to that moron, every post is about someones mom. He will be out of here before you know it.

JADE8704
03-06-2002, 07:04 PM
i must say, i think this forum is losing alot of maturity with the recent new comers(not all of them)...i hope the mods do something about this...and for the people who have just come in around Feb.-March, this is the best xbox site on the web, and the forumers here are the best and most unique of all the xbox related websites...so please, if you're going to post something immature and disrespectful, do it somewhere else :)

GRAVEDIGGER
03-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Tru, i see what you're saying, but everyone knows that we are more mature, but you also know that not everyone can get along.

Anyways back to the post. I think RaliSport is great game, and it has definately made it on my "Must Have" list!

P.S. Finally ***spot.......oh my bad i mean Gamespot finally recognized greatness when they see it, and gave RaliSport a 9.1!:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Kero
03-06-2002, 10:01 PM
wow!
it must be amazing!
whenever you see a 9+ game from gamespot, you know it's a must get
and it got a 10 for graphics
they didn't even give halo a 10 for graphics!!!
this game must look freakin nice

doctorrevill
03-06-2002, 10:52 PM
I picked Rallisport up today as well, and there is this downhill section on one of the Pacific courses that is amazing. You go from a nice wide road to one that is basically just wide enough for your car. I geared my car for top speed and was in 4th place going into that section and I must say the thrill of overtaking at 150mph is amazing in that section. One mistake and you lose it too, I hit a rock in that section once that sent my flying down a ravine, the replay was absolutely amazing too. I can't glow enough about this game, if you like to race you must own this game. I don't think I will ever unload this one, this is one I can see me playing in a couple years down the road, just like the original Sega Rally for Saturn. Whew. I just just wish I had gotten some sleep today, work is gonna be a *****.

See Rallying in the USA (http://www.stpr.org) June 1 and 2, 2002 in Wellsboro, PA. Near US Route 6.
http://www.stpr.org./stpr01/photos/115-Schrauth.jpg
GET THIS CLOSE!

maneatingcow
03-06-2002, 11:20 PM
This is the official Rallysport Challenge Thread.

Post your impressions + questions here.

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 11:31 PM
Oh, dudes!!!!!!!! I bought Rallisport after work today and I seriously cannot stop playing this game!!!!!! This is a MUST HAVE!!

Let me put it this way: If you liked Project Gotham Racing, you will LOVE Rallisport Challenge!

The graphics are insanse! And the gameplay...oh man....THE GAMEPLAY is SWEET! It's so realistic! The car handles with the different terrain...very realistic feature.

The car damage is great, too! Everything from dented bodies to broken glass...and check this: As you continue racing on gravel, for example, the car slowly gets dirty! And, by the time you are finished with the race, your car is filthy! It's so gradual that you won't even notice while the dust and dirt are caking on! :cool:

This game is a must have! On my new HDTV Widescreen, the game is exceptionally breathtaking! The detail is so immense!

The game is not too hard to learn, especially for those who have played PGR...but, I will say that the handling seems a little nicer...the graphics, in my opinion, are even better than PGR, though, I still am a PGR fan.

Also, what I really like about it is that the dude sitting next to you gives you instructions on what lies ahead...and he tells you with perfect timing!! This is an awesome feature! You have to see for yourself to really get the full effect. Of course, you can turn his voice completely off if you like, but, I prefer it, atleast for now :)

Personally, I give this game a 9.5 out of 10!! My only qualm about the game is that it is not System Link compatible, however, it is 4-player compatible via split screen gaming. Otherwise, this game would have received a perfect 10!!

To me, it's the "Halo" of Racing games!!! :D And, coming from me, since I am a HUGE fan of Halo, that is an extremely great compliment! I will conduct a review after I put in about 10 hours into it...so, that gives me about 2 more hours to go!! lol

BUY IT!!! :D

linkycat
03-06-2002, 11:31 PM
I checked out this title today.... AWESOME GAME. I'm not a huge racing fan, but I love me some Rallisport Challenge.

Seriously folks, run, don't walk to the closest video game store and pick this sucker up. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

That's my point of view... I could be wrong.

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Oh, dudes!!!!!!!! I bought Rallisport after work today and I seriously cannot stop playing this game!!!!!! This is a MUST HAVE!!

Let me put it this way: If you liked Project Gotham Racing, you will LOVE Rallisport Challenge!

The graphics are insanse! And the gameplay...oh man....THE GAMEPLAY is SWEET! It's so realistic! The car handles with the different terrain...very realistic feature.

The car damage is great, too! Everything from dented bodies to broken glass...and check this: As you continue racing on gravel, for example, the car slowly gets dirty! And, by the time you are finished with the race, your car is filthy! It's so gradual that you won't even notice while the dust and dirt are caking on!

This game is a must have! On my new HDTV Widescreen, the game is exceptionally breathtaking! The detail is so immense!

The game is not too hard to learn, especially for those who have played PGR...but, I will say that the handling seems a little nicer...the graphics, in my opinion, are even better than PGR, though, I still am a PGR fan.

Also, what I really like about it is that the dude sitting next to you gives you instructions on what lies ahead...and he tells you with perfect timing!! This is an awesome feature! You have to see for yourself to really get the full effect. Of course, you can turn his voice completely off if you like, but, I prefer it, atleast for now

Personally, I give this game a 9.5 out of 10!! My only qualm about the game is that it is not System Link compatible, however, it is 4-player compatible via split screen gaming. Otherwise, this game would have received a perfect 10!!

To me, it's the "Halo" of Racing games!!! And, coming from me, since I am a HUGE fan of Halo, that is an extremely great compliment! I will conduct a review after I put in about 10 hours into it...so, that gives me about 2 more hours to go!! lol

BUY IT!!!

El Pollo Loco
03-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Rallisport is sweet. The textures on the ice track are unreal!

Dub
03-07-2002, 08:48 AM
I always like to see what most gamers thing about a game before I go get it and Rallisport souds like a must have. I like PGR, but this game sounds better. I'll have to cop my copy today.

Spaztic
03-07-2002, 09:45 AM
hey maximus thanks for posting the same thing twice! Your point really stuck with me after reading your post again!

what gamespot has to say:

It's somewhat noteworthy that the Xbox is only a few months old, and yet, it already has no fewer than 10 driving games available for it. However, none of those games deserve your attention as much as RalliSport Challenge does. This is easily the best driving game currently available for the Xbox, and no Xbox owner should be caught without it.

...if gamespot said this it must be good.

I saw it for awile the other night! picking up my copy today! This game is unbelieveable!

Nato King
03-07-2002, 09:54 AM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2853114,00.html

I'm glad to see after a few months after launch. Games are starting to look better. Well, in the eyes of gamespot at least. UFC Tapout, JSRF and now RSC got some decent scores lately.

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls
hey maximus thanks for posting the same thing twice! Your point really stuck with me after reading your post again!

what gamespot has to say:

...if gamespot said this it must be good.

I saw it for awile the other night! picking up my copy today! This game is unbelieveable!

lol, bryanhls! Dude, actually, I see that the Mods combined two threads to make this into one, since it appears that it's the "Official" Rallisport Thread. I posted my first one in the General Forum and I saw this "Official" one, too...so, I copied what I had to say and didn't go back to edit my first one. Anyway...looooong store! :D

Just get Rallisport!!!! It's Sweet!!!!

stewy_gt
03-07-2002, 03:00 PM
The time has finally come, and now we can experience the driving excitement. Gamespot.com, the site that widely accepted to be biased towards the Xbox has made their review (9.2). I wonder what happened? If gamespot gave it a 9.2, that means this game is good, very good. Another Halo, but in the form of racing. To me, this is the 3rd game that shows the power of the Xbox. Halo, DOA3 and RSC. Everyone should get this game, find the money.

studepaber
03-07-2002, 03:17 PM
this is true no? if not then what game is? and don't say GT3 b/c I used to be in love with the game but now I've found a new love.

Huckleberry
03-07-2002, 03:36 PM
the sense of real rally racing is awesome! when you're driving the mediterranean courses and there's nothing between you and a 500 ft drop (which i wish it would do), you really get that feeling...the kind that gets your body english going...leaning and almost willing the car to stay on the road. the ice courses play so real that i was amazed...especially in how an all-wheel drive car would respond.

i couldn't say that i like this more than gt3 (oh, if they would port that to xbox), because i love road racing more than rally, but this is no less of a game...actually, it's better. just more narrow in scope

DT21
03-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Don't have the game yet and heard a lot of good stuff about RSC, but is it a tough game where you'll become frustrated with it?

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry

i couldn't say that i like this more than gt3 (oh, if they would port that to xbox), because i love road racing more than rally, but this is no less of a game...actually, it's better. just more narrow in scope

!?!??!!?!? :confused: ?!?!?!?!?!

JADE8704
03-07-2002, 07:51 PM
is this game REALLY that good? i've been thinking of buying this game for some time now..and reading everyones reviews makes me want to drive to my local EB and get a copy? i have a question though...are there any exotic cars in the game? say like a dodge viper or a mercedes benz? just wondering...not that i judge a racing game on that, but i'd just like to know :)

-WorldSpawn-
03-08-2002, 08:15 AM
No, there's no exotic cars... but there is quite a lot of A-Spec, and Group B cars (now banned in real Rally racing). I think there is a total of 25 cars, some front-wheel drive, some rear, and some all-wheel drive. And with the ability to tweak your braking, gear-ratio, and suspension, that makes for quite a variety. The only complaint I have about the cars is that you can't change the colors like you can in Project Gotham. This makes sense though since they are using licensed cars, they can't be messing around with sponsors colors.

-WorldSpawn-
03-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by DT21
Don't have the game yet and heard a lot of good stuff about RSC, but is it a tough game where you'll become frustrated with it?

In Normal mode this is definately a tough game. What makes it hard is that the races in Career mode are done in sections. E.g. On the Safari rally, you will need to complete 4 races in a row, and finish 1st in all 4 to gain a substantial amount of points. So if you are doing great on the 1st three, and severly mess up the last race, you will need to do all four over again since you can't redo just the one.
I found that if you can do 1 race, then quit (saves your progress automatically). You can practice the upcoming track in Single race mode as much as you like. Then go back to Career mode and race that track. It will take a while using this method, but you really need to know the tracks before you race them since they are so completely different.

Spaztic
03-08-2002, 09:50 AM
All the good reviews on this game made me go out to EB and pick it up today! Well I put the game in, created a profile and started a exhibition race. After playing this game for two hours, I can honestly say this is the best racing game EVER....better then PGR (even though I didn't care for it to much), better then GT3....if you havent played this game you are missing out! When I started my career, I played the the first 2 rallys and flew though them....I was worried that this game was to easy, so I put in another game so I wouldn't beat the entire thing! Couple hours later I put the rally game back in and started my career. Well still on the same level, the difficulty got really hard! still I can race the same track over and over and don't get tired of it! can't wait to try the 2 player mode!

GO BUY THIS GAME! IF YOU LIKE CARS AND RACING IN DIRT, MUD, ICE, AND TARMAC THIS GAME IS FOR YOU!

the damage is awsome! I ran my car off a cliff my car came back I looked pretty bad and my suspension was totally F'ed up. My car kept pulling to the right! God this game is awsome.

What car does everone use in their career
I use and plan to own the mitsu evo VII

Kero
03-08-2002, 09:59 AM
everything about this game is great except for the career mode
i wish they had a licence thing like gt3 where you learn to control ur car and stuff

C++
03-08-2002, 10:51 AM
This game is Crazy I played it at my friends house.

It has better graphics than GT3.

This Should be the Xbox game to own.

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by DT21

So far, DT21, I haven't found it to be too tough to the point where I get frusterated. I mean, don't get me wrong, the game isn't easy...it has an inviting challenge! I have no idea how many levels there are, but, so far, I haven't even repeated one yet! So, I can see many upon many hours spent on this one! :)

l Maximus l
03-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by -WorldSpawn-

In Normal mode this is definately a tough game. What makes it hard is that the races in Career mode are done in sections. E.g. On the Safari rally, you will need to complete 4 races in a row, and finish 1st in all 4 to gain a substantial amount of points. So if you are doing great on the 1st three, and severly mess up the last race, you will need to do all four over again since you can't redo just the one.
I found that if you can do 1 race, then quit (saves your progress automatically). You can practice the upcoming track in Single race mode as much as you like. Then go back to Career mode and race that track. It will take a while using this method, but you really need to know the tracks before you race them since they are so completely different.

I agree with your WorldSpawn, however, I think you were incorrect about one thing. Yes, it is true that you have to race four races in the Safari level (the very first one), however, you don't need to come in first in every race to win first place over all. Let's say you got two first places, one second, and one last place...and, let's say you had the most points at the end of all four of these races in the Safari level...then, you will actually be first over all! So, in a sense, you are correct, but, without that info, it is not complete. I just thought I would point this out just in case you might not have known. I've played the game over 10 hours now and my wife can barely pull my hands off of my controller! :D

DimebagDarrell
03-08-2002, 04:10 PM
well, i gotta say, its a good game.

on the plus side, the graphics are sweet, and it takes a while to learn to drive it. it is definitely much fun, and i enjoy playing it. best looking racer ive ever played.

unfortunately, it lacks depth. it is not better than gt3, as i will have the game beaten by tomorrow. the depth is not there, i havent played it more than 3 hours but am half way through the game on normal difficulty. unlocking cars is extremely easy. too easy. it does not take the work and time of PGR or GT3, of which i am very disappointed. the courses are extremely short, lasting only about 1:30 each. rallicross and ice events get to be too easy compared to the normal rally racing or hill climbs. yes, you can tune your car, but only very minimally.

overall verdict: 8.0/10.0 while its incredibly sweet and shows what the xbox can do, its replay value is almost nonexistant. why cant game designers make a GT3 competitor? thats the one thing i kick myself for, switching from PS2 to xbox.

DimebagDarrell
03-08-2002, 05:06 PM
ok you know what REALLY sucks? the game keeps lockin up. i can do races, but it always locks up after the races. this really f*ckin sucks. what a waste of 53 bucks

linkycat
03-08-2002, 05:54 PM
I gotta tell ya.. That is really odd!

I've been playing non-stop for hours, and am well into the game and it hasn't locked up on me once.

I'm sorry yours is going so poorly, but I promise to all those looking to buy the game it isn't always like that. Mine works like a gem! I love it

DimebagDarrell
03-08-2002, 07:36 PM
never mind, its just cause of the imported tracks. i deleted them and im fine now

Kero
03-09-2002, 03:32 PM
how do you drift and what's the best car to drift with?
argh... i dont wanna just slide
i wanna DRIFT!!!
hehe
this game rocks!
i can't imagine a game looking better than this

studepaber
03-09-2002, 04:55 PM
I had heard before this game was released that trees and grass sway in the wind, but as far as I have seen there is nothing like this in the game. Anyone know if this is seen is later levels in the game or if it's not in it at all?? Just a minor gripe/concern, I love this game tho.

greggp666
03-11-2002, 12:39 AM
i noticed the tall grass(wheat?) swaying and if you look at the clouds there moving too. now i saw this when i unlocked the hill climb(sp?)part of the game.now i have to see if this goes one in the whole game.thanks one more thing to mess with my head:eek:

C++
03-12-2002, 10:54 AM
I just can't believe at how amazing this game looks and plays. When I first played Gran Turismo 3 I thought those were great graphics and they are but compared to Rallisport, it's just not in the same league. The detail put in to this amazing game is in a league only to those with games like HALO. I've driven around to just see the amount of time the developers have spent in this game and it shows from the grass, trees, and zebras standing around (on track "Safari SS$" I believe) and the birds flying off. I haven't had much fun playing racing games in a long time and I guess I would classify myself as a casual racing game fan because like others might agree, it's just too much and no other system lets you race while listening to your own soundtracks like the Xbox does. The only reason I'm even keeping my PS2 now is MGS2 and gifts that people have given me, but if you haven't hop on the Xbox bandwagon yet, then you are definitely missing out.

-WorldSpawn-
03-19-2002, 07:36 AM
Try entering this as a profile name (case-sensitive):
WheelToWheel

Dub
03-22-2002, 08:39 AM
Does Rallysport have a cheat code like PGR where you can get all the cars and tracks?

-WorldSpawn-
03-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Above cheat doesn't work... sorry guys :(