PDA

View Full Version : RAW and KO Kings are completely opposite.

Dave
03-06-2002, 11:20 PM
I know Wrestling and Boxing are not the same, but they both are 2 games involving 2 guys trying to beat the hell out of each other in a ring, and KO Kings to me looks to be completely opposite of RAW. It's like the anti RAW.

Create a fighter on KO Kings goes into little detail as far as making a detailed guy to your likeness, but focus's more on guiding the character through the ranks. I wish I had more options and could create a Tyson, but then again, at least the character I create will have goals, a record, and attributes to work on. I do wish the KO Kings series would have stolen some of RAW's CAW options, but it should be fun to guide my CAF through the ranks, where in RAW, he was made, and he was all done.

Graphics and presentation on my RAW game were stunning, on KO Kings they were not. The likeness's on RAW are much better than KO King's. RAW like any game is flawed, but some of the guys on RAW look completely awsome, none in KO Kings look awsome. RAW made sure big guys looked a lot bigger, KO Kings does not. If you pick up KO Kings' don't expect to see a great relica of Ali or Lennox Lewis. Lewis actually looks kinda scrawny, and some of the guys are way to thin, or way to ripped, and I did not see a ton of effort in making great representations of each character. Some look good, some funny, some nothing like the guy really.

I had fancy entrances and lots of songs to enter 1 arena in RAW with no commentating. I saw no entrances in KO Kings, but had plenty of arena's, and commentating to go with the fight. Walking to the ring is funner on RAW, but it is nice having a couple people call the shots during the battle.

During a battle on RAW, no damage appears to be done, on KO Kings, the guy not only bleeds, he swells up as well.

I needed to buy a book to learn RAW, and still do not know most of every guys arsenal and how to use it? I could have played KO Kings if I lost the book it came with easily, and so can anyone else who wants to fight me on a vs. mode. On KO Kings he who kicks the most ass wins, and the fans do not matter at all, on RAW fans play a role. RAw more of a strategy, KO Kings more of a button masher.

Replay value remains to be seen, but even that looks completely opposite. RAW looked to focus on unlocking stuff for create a fighter, KO Kings has cheats you can un-lock and use during the battle. I have no idea what the cheats are in KO Kings, but the option screen with all the ? happens when you hit pause during the fight, so I assume the cheats you unlock have more to do with the fight itself, where on RAW the replay value was to unlock a few people and get items for CAW. I do expect more of a 1 and 2 player replay value out of it than RAW, but I need more time to say for sure.

I swear if EA and THQ hooked up they could make one hell of a fighting game. KO Kings and RAW seem to have the exact opposite strengths and weakness's. Play both and you will laugh at how true this statement is. It's way to early to tell yet, and I could fall in love with KO Kings or hate it withing a week or 2, but for now, I do expect to have more fun with it than I did RAW. Might not look as pretty and have all the bells and buzzers, but I think it will be a funner 1p game, and 2p game as well.

Best way to sum up the 2 games.....

RAW is like a driving a modern day car with no rust, absolutely no balls, but looks nice and has a CD player with A/C.

KO Kings is like driving a 1970's muscle car with a little rust, tons of balls, but with no CD player and no A/C.

You do not get the best of both worlds with either game, and un- like a car, you cannot modify either, but it's up to you whitch you would prefer to drive as is.