PDA

View Full Version : I bought the core system by accident oh boy

Nerrad529
05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey i bought the xbox 360 core system i don't know why i guess its the wrong one ....... is the core system capable of playing xbox live ? is the core system capable of having a 20 gb hard drive put on it ? and is the core system capable of hooking up to my flatscreen tv with a hdmi cable for HD ? thanks

Shawn-XBA
05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey i bought the xbox 360 core system i don't know why i guess its the wrong one ....... is the core system capable of playing xbox live ?
Yes it is.

is the core system capable of having a 20 gb hard drive put on it ?
Yes, you can add a 20 gb hard drive to it.

and is the core system capable of hooking up to my flatscreen tv with a hdmi cable for HD ? thanks
I don't believe the core system has HDMI only the elite and newer pro consoles do.

Nerrad529
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
ok thanks i can live without the extreme crazy graphics as long as i can upgrade an get online ......... iam sure it won't look bad as is on a flatscreen TV

JarkMan
05-12-2008, 08:32 PM
it cant go HDMI but u can buy an adaptor that clicks into the av cable port and it converts it to HDMI

laughs
05-12-2008, 08:34 PM
ok thanks i can live without the extreme crazy graphics as long as i can upgrade an get online ......... iam sure it won't look bad as is on a flatscreen TV

Naw man, it'll still be awesome... I'm playing on a Toshiba Flatscreen(not HD) using my launch system still(knock on crotch) and I think most of the newer games look beautiful! I sleep with my system every night.

Welcome to the site by the way... Great members here... Just an overall great group of people for sure :cry:

EDIT: You've been a member since Apr 2002... Oops sorry.

Nerrad529
05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Naw man, it'll still be awesome... I'm playing on a Toshiba Flatscreen(not HD) using my launch system still(knock on crotch) and I think most of the newer games look beautiful! I sleep with my system every night.

Welcome to the site by the way... Great members here... Just an overall great group of people for sure :cry:

EDIT: You've been a member since Apr 2002... Oops sorry.

thanks for the welcome back ........ now that i freed up some time i will be gaming out for awhile ahhhhhhh its going to be great i can't wait lol

Nerrad529
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
it cant go HDMI but u can buy an adaptor that clicks into the av cable port and it converts it to HDMI

hey if you could pm me a link or a post a link in here i don't know if thats allowed i would appreciate this idea alot

Variation-XBA
05-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Did you buy a core or arcade bundle? They both have a green box.

If its a core, then no HDMI capabilities, but with component, you can still do 1080p if your tv can.

Nerrad529
05-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Did you buy a core or arcade bundle? They both have a green box.

If its a core, then no HDMI capabilities, but with component, you can still do 1080p if your tv can.

its a core iam gonna have to check my tv to see if its worth gettin the compenent to make it happen ........ my tv has to be at least 1080p for the hdmi to work ?

Enamelized420
05-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Conrats on the purchase... no the TV doesn't have to run HDMI at 1080p so you are safe on that. You should definitely find it easy to do everyting you want w/ the Core system you purchased, but as mentioend if you want to run HDMI there is an adaptor you can purchase and do so.

To hook up on your TV you could get the Component cables MS provides or there are other Manufactures that make them: http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/7C0F3CA9-98B7-4F91-92A8-EC1B1E06B556/0/boxxbox360componenthdcable.jpg

Or as mentioned if you wanted to spend about $90 msrp you can get the hookup to go w/ HDMI on your Flatscreen. Madcatz makes one: http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/02/2-13-08-madcatz-hdmi.jpg

And you have the option of 2 Harddrives that you could purchase a 20gig or the 120gig just depends on if you'll be doing alot of downloading etc.. :http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/82CAE1AB-82AA-40F2-9C39-37E98D160028/0/packagingxbox360hd.jpg

As for getting on Live you need your High-Speed internet access and a Xbox Live Gold membership. Run your Network cable to your Router or Modem and ge to gaming.

Hope this may help and enjoy....

wicked_d365
05-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Building a system, can be cheeper, if you find stuff at decent prices. Check Craigslist. I find harddrives and cables and everything else on their all day cheap. Thats where I got my Elite for 300.