PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV Freezing Issues

Slowride
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
They issued a patch for the PS3 but seem to be ignoring 360 users complaining of the same problem? Every time I try the mission final destination my game cuts off and says the disc is unreadable...and to clean it. FU R*

JarkMan
05-14-2008, 07:07 PM
ive only got disk is unreadable once during campaign but i get it alot more when im playing online with friends ill be driving and getting ready to hit a jump and then...... your disc is unreadable GRRRRR:mad:

Slowride
05-14-2008, 07:42 PM
It's made the campaign unplayable for me. Very upsetting! From what i've read they are blaming the issues on the consoles? I'm not sure what the % is, but I know the patch for PS3 didn't help all ps3'ers.

wicked_d365
05-15-2008, 07:54 AM
I've only had two freeze ups, early in the game. I haven't had any problems since then and I'm around 40% missions only.
One thing I have learned, not having my 360 connected to the internet constantly, I don't have as many freezing issues and stuff as I have heard from others. Like Bully, the only time Bully ever froze on me was 2 times, the first day I got my system, but I was hooked up at the same time. I played the rest of the game disconnected, it never froze on me once. Meanwhile I'm hearing everybody else's freezing. You got me.

Enamelized420
05-15-2008, 08:47 AM
I've not had one freeze up at all on mine and i've put a good bit of time in doing missions and side missions... then again I'm not connected to the Internet and all.

That's gotta suck though and sorry to hear it...would blow trying to play a good game and not be able to cause of freezing...BLAH Hopefully there will be a patch to try and resolve the issue soon for those encountering it.

Steeps5
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
it rarely happens to me, and every time it is always random. It never happens in the same place twice.

SamSmith
05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
They issued a patch for the PS3 but seem to be ignoring 360 users complaining of the same problem? Every time I try the mission final destination my game cuts off and says the disc is unreadable...and to clean it. FU R*

I get that too......... I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE I HAD AN OLD XBOX

Why's this happening?

What's happened to console gaming? We used to be able to buy games, safe in the knowlege that the game would be complete and not bloody broken.

With the age of online connectivity, or the fact that they expect everyone to be connected - the attitude of rushing it out the door and 'fixing it later' now prevails.

I DONT LIKE

mattgame
05-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh no, don't tell me this. I haven't played much but now I definitely won't until they fix it. They broke record sales on a torn up product. You gotta hand it to them, they got that off.

LINKINPARK8591
05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Not connected to the net with mine yet but gta has not froze on me once even on the campaigns i've done

Reclaimer
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm in the game a little ways, took Little Jacob to the strip club for the first time and I haven't had the game freeze yet. I've seen the game stutter really bad a few times so I guess it's going to happen eventually.

Slowride
05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm not connected to the net when it freezes so that is not the problem. Nor do I see why it would be anyways.

laughs
05-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm at 40%... Never had the chance to play this week but it hasn't froze yet... :( That's going to blow if it happens later in the game though.

Whisper
05-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm at 56%, missions only.. but haven't touched missions for a week.. been too into online.

CrazyCougar
05-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Typical of Take Two quality. ALl of 2K's sports game suffer from freezing and that hasnt changed sinc the launch of the 360. EA really needs to buy Take Two and bury them in a ditch somewhere.