PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why must they torture us? Rallisport is being ported to PS2 and GameCube



WynnFire
03-07-2002, 03:27 AM
I thought Rallisport Challenge was an Xbox only title. By accident I may have found out that it's not and that's it being ported over to the PS2 later this year and to the GameCube next year. I would like to swear now but I know it won't help much. It seems like the tides are turning. First we were getting the good PS2 games and making them better and now the PS2 is getting the good Xbox games and making them worse. AHHH!!!!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2850414,00.html

That's where I found out about it. My perfect Xbox only world has been crushed, no worse; shattered.


(Don't take me too seriously, I'm only kidding)

Toder
03-07-2002, 06:13 AM
I say let them port the game over to the gamecube and ps2. Who cares we all now which will better its gonna be another way for us to compare games with our friends and say "I told you it looked better on my xbox" hehe.

nascarfan
03-07-2002, 06:22 AM
That's a different game there. RalliSport Challenge is an Xbox exclusive because it's published by Microsoft.

Wreckless
03-07-2002, 07:33 AM
The one on the link says Rally.

The one for Xbox is Ralisport.

2 diffrent games.

Mercury
03-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Two different games. Please, don't go half ****ed about something until you know the facts. It comes off as a desperate attempt to get people to view your post or of one that looks as if you are trying to bring down the success of the xbox.

Batman2372
03-07-2002, 12:01 PM
Okay, it's Microsoft title, so the chances of it being ported are slim and none.

Even so, what's so bad about Xbox games being ported over to other systems? How many of you wouldn't be tickled pink to have the Final Fantasy stuff ported to Xbox? Let's face it, there are going to be good games on all the systems. I say that if the game is good, port it over to the other guys.... let's share the fun with everyone!

Of course, the capitalist in me is also screaming "What are you saying?? And let the other boys step into our profits?? Are you nuts???". So there are two sides to it. But you can bet your booty that if it's not third-party, the fans aren't going to be the ones to have any say in the matter.

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Yep, that's a completely different game. Rally Championship is not Rallisport Challenge.

I just bought Rallisport Challenge yesterday after work! It's AWESOME!!!! By the way, there is no way that the PoS2 or LameCube could handle the framerate on that game! It's so detailed...it's the "Halo of Rallisport games"...no joke!! It's a must buy! :)

Xtopia
03-07-2002, 02:48 PM
I wen to Wally World aka Wal Mart yesterday, but they did not have it! And I want that game soo bad! That is actaully one of the games that convinced me to buy an xbox! I live in a small town and I we have is wal mart...so I am ordering via internet!:D

Woocifer
03-07-2002, 04:28 PM
I'm actually at liberty to say that Rallisport is amazing. Imagine that, a compliment about a game instead of complaining about it...I feel dirty hahaha

But as for the topic, I think makin sure the games are on every system is a good idea. Personally I could care less about cheap knockoff softwares or being one sided about anything. I have an xbox...if a game comes out on the ps2 that I like, I'd like to be able to play it as well. And graciously most developers(though its for money) will bring it out on the xbox. But I do believe that anything that is a straight port should be considerably cheaper because it has been made and only needs to be tweaked here and there with code.

For example Who Shot Johnny Rock and those other Dragons Lair type games that came out. They were extremely cheap...why? Well because no one wants to pay that much for old software....well exactly...when GTA3 comes out for the Xbox, and if it isnt touched up, I don't want to pay full price because its already been sold for at least half a year or something...whatever it is, I dont care, you get the jist of the point.

I don't mind ports. But would you pay the same amount for day old donuts as you would for freshly made ones? Nope.

I know thats a stretch, but its a matter of quality and fairness.

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
I wen to Wally World aka Wal Mart yesterday, but they did not have it! And I want that game soo bad! That is actaully one of the games that convinced me to buy an xbox! I live in a small town and I we have is wal mart...so I am ordering via internet!:D

Dude, XTOPIA!!! GET.................THIS....................GAME!!! You will love it!! I bought it last night and....WOW! :D

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Toder
I say let them port the game over to the gamecube and ps2. Who cares we all now which will better its gonna be another way for us to compare games with our friends and say "I told you it looked better on my xbox" hehe.
Too right mate lol

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Yep, that's a completely different game. Rally Championship is not Rallisport Challenge.

I just bought Rallisport Challenge yesterday after work! It's AWESOME!!!! By the way, there is no way that the PoS2 or LameCube could handle the framerate on that game! It's so detailed...it's the "Halo of Rallisport games"...no joke!! It's a must buy! :)
STOP IT NOW!!!! I'm waiting for mine, come on 14/3/02 I would have bought it US but it's gonna be cheaper here, so stop it just stop it I'm in tears over here waiting for this one and with you bigging it up aarrgghhh I can't take it any more I'm going to explode.... SPLAT!!!

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

STOP IT NOW!!!! I'm waiting for mine, come on 14/3/02 I would have bought it US but it's gonna be cheaper here, so stop it just stop it I'm in tears over here waiting for this one and with you bigging it up aarrgghhh I can't take it any more I'm going to explode.... SPLAT!!!

LOL! And rightly so, my UK buddy! I tell you, man....you won't sleep until you have this game inside your XBox! It is awesome!!!! :D

Woocifer
03-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Odd...that's the line I used on my last girlfriend....

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Odd...that's the line I used on my last girlfriend....
Hmmm was she happy about the XBOX inside her then?

Woocifer
03-07-2002, 07:57 PM
uhhh... it was the sentence that said won't be happy until this GAME is in your XBOX...

a little abstract? sorry

Afro Aura
03-08-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
uhhh... it was the sentence that said won't be happy until this GAME is in your XBOX...

a little abstract? sorry
only joking mate lol