PDA

View Full Version : Faceplate Database Update: 5/15

SpaceGhost2K
05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
OK, to start off with, we're not going to try to enter every faceplate we can think of. We're going to shoot for about 100, and then tweak their information. Also, our "beta" level will not be searchable. We're shooting for information first.

Below is a lost of the plates that I want to start off with. PLEASE: if you have a recommendation of a plate that needs to be in the first round, say so. HOWEVER, don't use this as an opportunity to name off every plate you can think of that isn't on the list. Because there are a LOT of them.

I do NOT have pictures of every plate on this list. I have multiple pictures of some of them. Some pictures I have are junk. Fear not. Diamonds don't come out of the ground all sparkly. They start off looking like dirt, and then they're made that way.

Just a heads up before I go cut and paste this list: our database launch is going to be even bigger than I thought. Besides the unbelievable gift of the Canadian launch plates from Xbox Canada, there is at least one other mind-blowing prize to be given away. Let me just say this... this prize is significant enough that it just might gain our little site some INTERNATIONAL attention. Not blowin' smoke. Srsly.

Anyway, here's the starting lineup in no particular order:

Microsoft White OEM
Microsoft Black Elite OEM
Microsoft Halo 3 SE OEM
Microsoft Blue Hot Rod
Microsoft Woody
Microsoft Viva Pinata
Microsoft Forza 2 US
Microsoft Forza 2 UK
Microsoft Blue Water Puzzle
Microsoft Sun Swirl
Microsoft Carbon Fiber
Microsoft PGR3
Microsoft Pale Wood (Japan)
Microsoft Pink Balloons
MadCatz TeamXbox TXB
MadCatz E306
E305 Rings Of Light
Qee Toy2R w/ figures
UK Launch Gorillaz Spray Painted
Zero Hour
UK Launch Team "Thanks for playing with us"
US Launch "I Made This"
Xbox Experience Austria "You're Next"
Xbox Experience Austria "Urban '06"
Xbox Experience Austria "Tags '06"
X05 Amsterdam
DICE
Trusty Bell
Eternal Sonata - Polka
Eternal Sonata - Chopin
Eternal Sonata - Beat
Eternal Sonata - Alegretto
Eternal Sonata - March and Salsa
Lost Planet
Dead Rising
Bioshock Gamestop LE
Bioshock UK
Ace Combat 6 - White Promo
Ace Combat 6 - Flight Stick
Ace Combat 6 - #1
Ace Combat 6 - #2
Ace Combat 6 - #3
Ace Combat 6 - #4
Gears of War E3 Emergence Day
Madden 08
Madden 08 Vince Young Champions' Edition RED
Madden 07
NCAA 08
NCAA 07
NASCAR 08
Adidas +5
Adidas +10
Juiced 2
Stuntman
Universe At War
Saints Row
Saints Row New Zealand
Blue Dragon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ghost Recon Adv. Warfighter
Ghost Recon Adv. Warfighter 2
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tom Clancy Gamestop Vendor Show
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4
Dead or Alive - Kasumi
Football Manager 2006
Adidas Fifa World Cup
IdolM@ster LE
IdolM@ster Girls
Grand Theft Auto IV
Massive
FC Bayern Munchen
MadCatz Canada Day
X05 Canada Large Maple Leaf
X05 Canada Small Maple Leaf
X05 Canada Many Small Leaves
X06 Canada
Canadian Launch Element 54 Signed
Canadian Launch Jump In
Chrome Hounds
John Woo's Stranglehold
Tropicana Twister
Sobe
WWE Triple-H
War of the Worlds
X-Men
Global Support
Moto GP '06
TMNT
Quake IV
Devil May Cry 4
Sweden Launch
Korean Launch
Halo 3 Singapore Launch
Quake IV Rare
The Outfit
Full Auto
FEAR
Prey LE
Test Drive Unlimited
Dark Sector
Assassin's Creet LE
Virgin Megastore's Red Rings
Civilization Revolution
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Blacksite: Area 51
Game Crazy
4players.de
www.gameplay.co.uk
DOA Tournament Airbrush Zero Hour
Adidas LE Console Blue
Medal of Honor - Airborne

hellonearth159
05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Spacey,
I have hi-res shots of all the pictures I posted for my collection if you need them. Also, are you only looking for shots of loose plates only or do want the packaged front/back also?

SpaceGhost2K
05-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Spacey,
I have hi-res shots of all the pictures I posted for my collection if you need them. Also, are you only looking for shots of loose plates only or do want the packaged front/back also?

Here's what I need.

I need one shot of every plate at the very minimum. That shot needs to be 800 pixels wide (or tall). I'm not worried about the other dimension right now. That shot will be the gallery shot that will be shrunk and attached to the game database. Clicking on it, wherever it is, will take you to a page for that faceplate. There, that shot will be the main shot, and we can have as many other shots as we want to. I would like to get shots of the front and back of the packaging, as well as additional shots of the front and the back of the plate, along with any varations we find in the plates. For instance, some of the Gamestop plates ship with two different colors of plastic used for the power buttons. The fronts look the same, but the backs are different. I want to make note of that in pictures if possible.

Right now, I just want to make sure I have one shot of every plate that is 800 pixels wide. I cropped and sized all of the pictures I have at the moment, but I haven't gone through and renamed them so I don't know where we stand on pictures.

Nato King
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I will keep trying my best to help out where I can.

Frazmand
05-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Like I have said before guys, I am only happy to help. If you are stuck for high-res pictures, feel free to take them off my site, problem is they aren't all high-res.

JakofallAces
05-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Like I have said before guys, I am only happy to help. If you are stuck for high-res pictures, feel free to take them off my site, problem is they aren't all high-res.

well ur site is not very detailed or correct your gorrillaz plate is upside down and its outta 600 not 360

Frazmand
05-16-2008, 06:16 AM
You guys always pick up on the gorillaz plate. I'll change the details on the plate now for you Jak of Aces.

I wasn't referring to the details on the site either, just the pictures.

JakofallAces
05-16-2008, 11:20 PM
You guys always pick up on the gorillaz plate. I'll change the details on the plate now for you Jak of Aces.

I wasn't referring to the details on the site either, just the pictures.
sorry it just really ticked me off when i went to ur site, it was just SO wrong adn obvious

SpaceGhost2K
05-17-2008, 02:51 AM
sorry it just really ticked me off when i went to ur site, it was just SO wrong adn obvious

Hey, don't make me give you a warning. Stop being rude to our guests. Ours isn't error free since, um, we don't even HAVE one yet. And once we do, it probably will NEVER be error free. We're only people.

How about thanking him for the offer of help with the database, instead of being critical for a goof on his own?

UNV Superkid
05-17-2008, 08:23 AM
that looks like a pretty torough start to me!!

JakofallAces
05-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey, don't make me give you a warning. Stop being rude to our guests. Ours isn't error free since, um, we don't even HAVE one yet. And once we do, it probably will NEVER be error free. We're only people.

How about thanking him for the offer of help with the database, instead of being critical for a goof on his own?

fine DAD sorry farzmand and sorry for ripping on you your site is nice and thanks for offering the help:whistle:

Frazmand
05-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Apology accepted Jak of Aces.