PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox Controller (not The Type-s)

K-Rock
03-07-2002, 06:49 AM
I work at babbage's in miami. while i was at work some guy traded in an XBOX for a Gamecube LOL (idiots). any way when i set it down i noticed we had some special xbox controller in a box. i ask my boss Where did it come from? he said coprate sent it. and it was labled as used. it was priced at 29.99 and after tax (6.5%) and my 25% discount i picked it up for about $23. The controller is just like the regular Xbox Controller just the jewel is different, it's Green and has Xbox writen in it (like the top of the XBOX console.) it almost looks like a halagram. i know this control was the control Microsoft first wannted but because of price it never worked out. i think it's fuc**ing cool i bought it for $23 and some guy offered me $90 when he saw me buy it. i denied his offer. because the i want to be different.(guess i'm just an XBOX freak.) Does anyone know about this control and how many people have it? Why did microsoft make 2 controls? i think i was in the right place at the right time.

-K-Rock

K-Rock
03-07-2002, 09:11 AM
Is no one interested in this discovery?

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 02:17 PM
It's an early version of the controller. I would hang on to it as a collector's item but it isn't one-of-a-kind or anything.

wweomaniac
03-07-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by K-Rock
I work at babbage's in miami. while i was at work some guy traded in an XBOX for a Gamecube LOL (idiots). any way when i set it down i noticed we had some special xbox controller in a box. i ask my boss Where did it come from? he said coprate sent it. and it was labled as used. it was priced at 29.99 and after tax (6.5%) and my 25% discount i picked it up for about $23. The controller is just like the regular Xbox Controller just the jewel is different, it's Green and has Xbox writen in it (like the top of the XBOX console.) it almost looks like a halagram. i know this control was the control Microsoft first wannted but because of price it never worked out. i think it's fuc**ing cool i bought it for $23 and some guy offered me $90 when he saw me buy it. i denied his offer. because the i want to be different.(guess i'm just an XBOX freak.) Does anyone know about this control and how many people have it? Why did microsoft make 2 controls? i think i was in the right place at the right time.

-K-Rock

You sure it was made by microsoft, that it wasn't one of the third party controllers?? Interact has a similar looking one.

If it is the original xbox controller, "frame it and put it on the wall"

FlyBoy
03-07-2002, 03:55 PM
I've only seen pics of these, but other people have posted stores in their area carrying tons of them closer to the box's original release date. Still a cool find though, and a microsoft controller for 23 bucks is a great deal either way!

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Keep it, frame it, set candles around it, and worship it. :D

Hehe...jk....but, definately take care of that and don't use it that much...you never know, you might have been at the right place at the right time! This is the first news I have heard about this, so, before using it extensively, make sure more come out before you do too much wear and tear! That's what I would do :)

Toder
03-07-2002, 04:32 PM
check out the serial #. It might be worth alot

rr9597
03-07-2002, 04:59 PM
put it in a box and never touch it!

Snoopy7548
03-07-2002, 05:07 PM
i think its not the original, i thought i read somewhere that micrososft was making smaller controllers for the US people, and they would like have the green jewel or somethin

maneatingcow
03-07-2002, 05:11 PM
K-Rock... WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Both myself and Durden here at XBA have one of the elusive controllers (mine is in the 40,000 range, Durden's is in the 30,000 and his came with his system!!!)

Hmm... maybe there really SHOULD be a club....

K-Rock
03-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Thanks alot guys i'm gonna put it in a little clear box. as a collectable. they only made a few of these controls anyway. i'm gonna try and get a pic up in the next week or so. so be on the look out. for now what do you guys think i should do Frame it or Play with it and why?

AlBoogy
03-07-2002, 10:48 PM
Babbages in miami huh? I have never seen a babbages ANYWHERE in miami. Where is it located?

K-Rock
03-08-2002, 06:55 AM
Yeah i work in the one at miami international mall. then there's Plant X in Dolphin mall. thanks for all you posts. But should i store it or use it? Thanks guys

K-Rock
03-08-2002, 09:04 AM
I was going through a mag. today and found a pic of my control in an ad for the OXM subscriptions. my friend is gonna scan it and i'll post it later today. thanks .

K-Rock

Yankeez
03-08-2002, 10:19 AM
ive had the same controller for a while ill put up a pic later

nascarfan
03-08-2002, 06:46 PM
http://www.x-entertainment.com/liquor/xbox/controller.jpg

Yankeez
03-08-2002, 06:50 PM
there it is

raVen
03-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Yeah it was the original, it was thought the controller would look like that for quite some time. I actually prefer the look of that one to the new black one. I guess they made the new one because nowhere else is the XBox "X" logo.

Frostberg
03-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Hmm I dont think its a real "collectors item" This guy sold and still sells 2 of em on ebay new without any package for $50...thats only $25 a controller!

You guys made me really have a scavenger hunt through my history to prove I was telling the truth!
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1337459005

K-Rock
03-09-2002, 10:25 AM
thanks for the pic guys that will help people know what i was talking about.i guess i'm not gonna frame it. i doesn't look like it's gonna be a collectable. Thanks for getting the pic and thanks on helping me decide whaat i should do with it. Thanks

Koopa
03-09-2002, 11:07 AM
lol yank, i love ur avatar...i assume u liked that hi-ho thing i found:D

for the uninitiated.... (http://newtown.hi-ho.ne.jp/raibo/raidersei/image/agency/cm/kouyou.swf)

Mr.XboxLover
03-09-2002, 11:38 AM
Hope it turns out to be the real deal!!!

Best Wishes

Mr.XboxLover

..~'RcCk oN'~..

Frostberg
03-09-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
lol yank, i love ur avatar...i assume u liked that hi-ho thing i found:D

for the uninitiated.... (http://newtown.hi-ho.ne.jp/raibo/raidersei/image/agency/cm/kouyou.swf)

Yeah If you would be so kind as to explqin WTF a Hi-Ho is....skoot just said "awesome"

Plewis
03-09-2002, 12:26 PM
They look like Pee-wees to me:D