PDA

View Full Version : HDTV Options for a 65" Toshiba

Shorezy
05-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey guys,

Since I moved into my current place i've been meaning to get my HDTV components for my 360 hooked up to my 65" Toshiba, however, this is easier said than done.

It is HDTV ready, so I'm assuming it has the component inputs at the back, but when my current place was built this monster of a TV (an older model) was built into a casing in the wall, before I had my 360, thus making it virtually impossible to get at the back of it without a moving team.

As a result, I was wondering if you guys could tell me the best way to get my 360 running off of the 720p that this beauty has available, whether through an external player or another hook-up. Obviously I do not have much expertise in this area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Enamelized420
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
hmmm that sucks... the only thing I can think of right off the top of my head is if you have like a receiver hooked up to the TV and that it has connections on the back so you could then run through that to the TV..
I'll also look and see if there might be something else... thats gotta suck. there's not any access panels to gain access to hook anything additional up to the TV??? just trying to get an idea of what you're working with...

Shorezy
05-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey Enamel,

I do have an old DTV receiver plugged into the TV but it's no longer active and does not have HD components on the back of it. I also have a DVD player and VCR hooked up. Unfortunately I don't have a panel to access the back. The only things I have to work with are the cables connecting to the old receiver, the DVD player and the VCR. Silly set-up, I know, but at the time it seemed reasonable! Heinz site right?

Thanks for your help man.

Enamelized420
05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
well the wires for those components aren't probably hooked up to HDTV components so if you hooked something up to the wires already run you still won't get the HD picture you're looking for. Unless those connections are to the HD hookups then you may be able to use somethign like this or look on the following site as it might have a solution for you: http://www.hdtvhookup.com/coviandtosww.html

looks like this: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-23024345752911_2003_887809

Shorezy
05-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Cool, thanks a lot, I appreciate your help.

Enamelized420
05-21-2008, 02:05 PM
np at all glad to be of assiastance.. maybe throw some rep my way... lol good luck at getting your 360 in HD man. Also let us know how you get it resolved if so. thanks

wicked_d365
05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Sound to me like your gonna have to pull the T.V. out from the hole and hook it up, I don't see any other option. You have to have atleast one set of HD cables going into the T.V. Then you can run those into a spliter or something, then hook everythign into that.

Shorezy
05-22-2008, 07:21 AM
You got it Enamel.
So I looked a little closer last night and there are HD inputs in the back of the DVD player that is connected to the TV. I tried hooking up the 360 to it but there were no inputs that had the video (or sound) on. They are video out inputs so i'm assuming it's possible, again, just lack of knowing my stuff!

Any more ideas?

Thanks again guys.

Enamelized420
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
more and more it seems that you're going to have to pull the TV out or make an access panel so you can gain access to the back of the TV when need be.

I would probably just say bite the bullet and get a few friends pull the TV out hook iy up and push it back into place. Should take anymore then a 3-5mins max, as it seems that's probably the way you're gonna have to go.