PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Design Your Own Faceplate

hellonearth159
05-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Hey,
Does anyone know anything about a service Pelican used to offer to let customers design their own faceplates. The service was cancelled in March.
Did anyone use the service while it was up and running? Can you share the results fo your creations?

I think the way it worked was you bought a display tube with a code that would be used to access the service. You upload the image you want and they return a custom faceplate to you.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/2521432416_34cc13dc37_o.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
05-25-2008, 01:50 PM
I bid on an auction and was going to get a bunch of them cheap, then found out before it closed that the service had been turned off, so I got out of the auction.

You couldn't submit your own art because of fear of copyright violations. You had to use their art, although you could mix and match, move it around, change colors and text, etc.

Someone in here - tom, maybe - has a dragon plate that I'm pretty sure came from there. Had I know they were turning the service off, I prolly would have hurried up and made one.

Enamelized420
05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
that is interesting none the less... I'd like to see what some people that actually did it got back. Very different concept, I wonder if it was cancelled due to lack of interest..??

SpaceGhost2K
05-26-2008, 12:15 AM
that is interesting none the less... I'd like to see what some people that actually did it got back. Very different concept, I wonder if it was cancelled due to lack of interest..??

For me, I wanted to make my own plate, not to make a plate with limits on it.