PDA

View Full Version : How did you all find out about....

Ninja Scroll
03-07-2002, 10:08 AM
With over 5,000 plus members a part of XboxAddict.com's forum boards I was just curious to know how did everyone found out about this one in a million killer site?

I found out almost a year ago in a Washington Post article in the Style section.
I never offically joined until the Xbox FINALLY shipped in November. And I have been addicted ever since.:D
How about you all?:)

Spaztic
03-07-2002, 10:15 AM
just trying to find a site that had a better forum then gamespots, and happened to stumble accross this one!

lets see how many noobs crap on your thread today!

JJaX
03-07-2002, 10:15 AM
I was banned from Teamxbox forums for Sticking up for myself. (but we all know how that works)

But im glad i got banned cause i moved on to bigger and better. PLus the peeps here are 100 times cooler :cool:

Spaztic
03-07-2002, 10:21 AM
I have definatly noticed new jackasses joining this forum! We need to make a thread of all the jackasses here so that people can ignore them or something?! It is so anoying trying to get told off by a newbie!

JJaX
03-07-2002, 10:23 AM
*JJaX Pops a Squat over Ninjas thread and lets one fly

**** im shooting blanks :D

RudedogX
03-07-2002, 10:30 AM
I found out about it last november when I tried a search for more info on the Xbox. I've been hooked ever since, though I hadn't posted a whole lot (just sat and watched). I've only recently, had the time on my hands to respond more.

l Maximus l
03-07-2002, 10:35 AM
I actually went to XBox.com to get more info on the XBox...and, you all must admit, the XBox.com website isn't as thorough as many would like it, including myself. So, I went to the section of the site that listed several "sister" sites and XBoxaddict and TeamXBox seemed the most impressive to me.

Personally, I felt that TeamXBox was a little too big at that time and XBoxaddict gave me a feeling of being "at home" in comparison. Besides, I find that this site is easier to surf, for me...and, I'm glad I made my choice! I've made tons of great on-line buddies! :)

The Terminator
03-07-2002, 10:37 AM
I found this site around Nov 15, b/c after I bought my XBox, I was trying to find a more extensive list of games. I eventually registered after Xmas, to ask a question about DOA3, and write some reviews.

Batman2372
03-07-2002, 10:39 AM
I was reading OXM, and they were listing off some of the best Xbox sites, and I started visiting all of them. Gotta say, this is the one I hit the most now!

It is a shame, though, that some of the "kids" (and I use that in terms of maturity, not age) are starting to get in here and just post garbage... what a waste.

Overall, though, this place is cool, and thanks for making it so, XBA!!!

Toder
03-07-2002, 10:42 AM
I foudn this site one day doing a search from google.com. This was around in january and i hadn't became a member yet. thien finally someone was asking about s-video cables for there xbox adn i just had to throw in my opion about monstercable. After that i was hooked and there was no turning back. :)

MaddenFanatic
03-07-2002, 11:00 AM
I stubled acrosss this site in late november when i was looking for reviews on what titles to buy--

i found XBA to be the most up to date and thorough site out there...

Xtopia
03-07-2002, 01:44 PM
I found out about the x-box in september, when I was really interested in Flight Simulator 2002 (by MS). So, a couple weeks before Nov. 15, I really got interested. So I went to xbox.com...I joined there, but the forums were horrible, and the members were even worse.

Right after launch, I formally asked Santa for an xbox...Also right after launch, I found Team Xbox, I never joined, just surfed. Around the first of December, I found XBA!:D I surfed the forums relligously(sp?) and checked up on xbox news....then after x-mas came, I was too busy playing my xbox to log on very often....around Jan 10 I joined XBA! And i love it!:)

thunderkiss2k1
03-07-2002, 01:59 PM
It was a link on the main xbox site and the rest is history. :)

Ninja Scroll
03-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
just trying to find a site that had a better forum then gamespots, and happened to stumble accross this one!

lets see how many noobs crap on your thread today!

Yeah, everyone is better than the kid oriented gamespot forums.
As far as the newbie's from yesterday Bryanhls, we made peace in the PM's.
Yesterday was kinda funny for a bit, but after awhile it gets old and we are not here to bash & flame one another. We are supposed to be on the same team. Unless someone in here is a Sony fan I got nothing but love for all my Xbox comrades!:)

Hugh_Jass
03-07-2002, 02:34 PM
Google.com

Woocifer
03-07-2002, 03:19 PM
Yer mom mentioned it last night while I was slappin the happy wave.... hehe I found it because I wanted a site that WASN'T as money hungry as Xbox.ign.com.

I yelled at them a few times, wrote them at length and the process of free information and online advertising, and of course they ignored me. Even though I was angry, I was trying to explain that they would lose a lot of viewers...but still, they ignored me.

Anyway, I was looking for a site that didn't suck and was up to date. No stupid tariff or tolls on this site and it doesn't just rely on itself, it takes from every site and every source it can get and organizes it for us.

I appreciate that. I hope IGN chokes.

BTW I know you all hate Gamespot for being biased towards PS2 games, but you know I prefer a harsh judge. That way you know when they give a high score that even they had to crack and admit that the game is amazing. I hate high scores for every game...it makes me sick...reminds me of fanboys...I hate fanboys...

Sincerely,
Fanboy

do'h

wweomaniac
03-07-2002, 03:23 PM
I found out about xboxaddict when I searched it up on yahoo. It was in the summer I think.

I was caught by its nice layout and eXcitement section. I still love to look at teh eXcitement section and I believe that this is one of the most (if not the most) user interactive xbxo websites on the net.

Brevity
03-07-2002, 04:18 PM
I had been visiting here for about 5 months, just reading and getting info, I don’t think I ever joined the forum or posted till the contest though. I found this through the link on the Xbox page. :)

Afro Aura
03-07-2002, 04:47 PM
Well I used to look at all the XBOX sites just to see what was going on, mostly it was TeamXBOX, XBOXgamer, XBOXAddict and XBOXCity. I bought my machine the end of November and games so I looked at this site because you had a trade site this was to get rid of that horrible Blood Wake as I was here I was looking at some of the post and it sounded like a good place to be so I joined

didn't get rid of Blood Wake here though, I just traded it in also I do live in the UK so the trading part wouldn't have worked anyway

OK and I joined TeamXBOX but the server was so sloooooow I couldn't take it, so now I'm here for good

rr9597
03-07-2002, 04:51 PM
the xbox magazine! Its written very nice things about this site!

skoot182
03-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I actually went to XBox.com to get more info on the XBox...and, you all must admit, the XBox.com website isn't as thorough as many would like it, including myself. So, I went to the section of the site that listed several "sister" sites and XBoxaddict and TeamXBox seemed the most impressive to me.

Personally, I felt that TeamXBox was a little too big at that time and XBoxaddict gave me a feeling of being "at home" in comparison. Besides, I find that this site is easier to surf, for me...and, I'm glad I made my choice! I've made tons of great on-line buddies! :)

same here :D

Xtopia
03-07-2002, 06:35 PM
I wanted to add something...In the horriblly looooooooooong weeks before I got my xbox I used to just log on to xba....scrool down and, I dont know if you have seen it, but there is a really cool "X-Box in 3D" I used to just stare it and drool!:p

JADE8704
03-07-2002, 07:34 PM
i remember when i stumbled into this site last year around may/june...and i decided to become a member in november, just before i got my xbox

TRUE_GAMER
03-08-2002, 12:45 AM
It came to me in a dream...lol I was gonna add to that but it would be very offensive to our female addicts.

Storm
03-08-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by TRUE_GAMER
It came to me in a dream...lol I was gonna add to that but it would be very offensive to our female addicts.

Hmm...I don't think I've seen a female here yet. :confused: Now that I think about it...thats a scary thought! LOL

Anyways...Rock2 told me about this place, he's my brother.

Watch out for the Bro Patrol! :p

Ninja Scroll
03-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by skoot182

same here :D

Oh yeah, almost forgot- im also here because of my faithful son "skoot182"~! Also know to da addict's as Ninja Jr.!:D

He represents his daddy-o very well!:cool:

E-Xbox
03-08-2002, 01:16 PM
stumbled upon it while searching the net

GokuX
03-08-2002, 01:18 PM
I wanted a different forum to go to for information cuz IGN was getting way to whiny and annoying. Everyone was calling everyone else names, tons of trolls were posting lame messages about how the Xbox stinks. Mods were locking and deleting some good threads while allowing the stupid ones to go on and on. So I went to google.com and did a search for xbox + forums and lo and behold I see this site and the rest is history.

LynxFX
03-08-2002, 01:22 PM
found it in a top 20 xbox sites voting page. I was looking for some good xbox sites back in November and this is the one I stuck with.

raVen
03-08-2002, 01:33 PM
I can't remember how I found this site as it was quite a few months ago, probably through google.

I added it to my favourites and checked it from time to time, but over the last couple of months I've been going here more often. It is so much more of a personal site, as the XBA guys always update with personal reviews and stuff far more often than other sites. I only started coming to this forum a few days ago but it is far and away the only worthwhile Xbox forum I know of.

So a big cheers to everyone :D

darianX
03-08-2002, 03:08 PM
Google baby, the best search engine around :cool:

No Fear 23
03-08-2002, 04:44 PM
i found XBA at xbox.com. i was looking for opinions on games, but there forums sucked. so i found this link on thier website and clicked on xboxaddict.com. As i got to this site, i was pretty much hooked to it since i joined it.

Thanks for creating this great website XBA staff and the xbox addict members too.:)

TRUE_GAMER
03-09-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Storm

Hmm...I don't think I've seen a female here yet. :confused: Now that I think about it...thats a scary thought! LOL

Anyways...Rock2 told me about this place, he's my brother.

Watch out for the Bro Patrol! :p

Seeing how you're a newbie and all I'll let that one go. If you were not a newbie you would know there are female addicts here and I might have said something about the ugly a$$ XBA chick.

Ninja Scroll
03-09-2002, 07:45 AM
Looks so far as most people found out about this kick ass site from search engines and xbox.com!

Yo, I never knew xbox.com had links for fan based sites! That's cool though. I have only visited there no more than 2 or 3 times. But I never heard of googles? I must have been under a rock or something?

But other than those two it's also nice to see alot of new members heard of us from "word of mouth", not to meantion the OXM magazines- which I think brought atleast 70% of the new heads!:D

Mad props to OXM for plugging our humbled home known as xboxaddict.com! :)

J Dub
03-09-2002, 09:32 AM
For me I found this site when I was searching for reviews. I didn't really like the reviews at gamespot so I came here! :)

FuNkY mOnK
03-09-2002, 09:44 AM
Actually if you look real close at the bumper sticker in halo, it says “my master chief is an honored gamer at xbox addict” I love the traffic here.